• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

StarTrek:TNG BD, a/v sync issue with MKV.

Electron003

Greetings,

Using...
CBD 1.2.4.0
ADVD-HD 8.3.3.0

This is my first TV show on BD, so was wanting to use the MKV part of CloneBD to write individual episodes to HDD.

Disk 1 has 3 x epsiodes. Two of them (E1,E2) seem in sync (a quick watch) and E3 (45:30 length) is out of sync badly.

The MKV file of E3 shows a length of 1 sec longer than the BD length of 45:30. The other two episodes showed the correct length (in win 10 explorer)

Please Note: working on Disk 2 with 5 episodes, the resultant MKV files show TWO with 1 sec longer lengths then the BD - but they seem to be insync?? Not sure if this means anything??

I have ripped E3 using all of the audio modes (AC3, DTS, AAC etc), but the only one that seems to be insync is the one using the lossless format. This adds at least 2Gb to each file size, which is too much!

I ripped using software decode only (HW encoding) and still out of sync.

They only way I could get an insync E3 was to trim the front of the file with the trimmer (hence losing the first part of the epsiode)

I have read a post about a small clip at the front, but there doesn't seem to be anything but the episode.

I have had CBD more than a year. When I first got it and used it, I tried to convert my BD movies to MKV but they all were out of sync, so I used another tool for create MKV. Unfortunately, creating individual epsiodes using the method I've used with my movies is just far to time extensive.

I need some help.

1 (log) is writing from BD to HDD using CBD and MKV format creating all 3 epsiodes in one instance.
2 (log) is writing from a HDD based BD folder of Disk 1 to CBD via MKV and only to E3.

PS - Why can't I read the log??

Attachments

• 1 - CloneBD.1.2.4.0.STAR TREK TNG S1 D1.cbdlog
    216.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 2 - CloneBD.1.2.4.0.Star Trek Tng Season 1-E3_HDD-Disk_Disc 1.cbdlog
    187.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
@Reto, @Fabian ,

The issue can be reproduced on my side with same disc.
Same Disc Hash so it should be all the same source material.

Log attached.

@Electron003
You can open the *.cbdlog with any program that can open *.zip files.

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.4.0.Star Trek Tng Season 1, Disc 1.cbdlog
    167.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Greetings,

Using...
CBD 1.2.4.0
ADVD-HD 8.3.3.0

This is my first TV show on BD, so was wanting to use the MKV part of CloneBD to write individual episodes to HDD.

Disk 1 has 3 x epsiodes. Two of them (E1,E2) seem in sync (a quick watch) and E3 (45:30 length) is out of sync badly.

The MKV file of E3 shows a length of 1 sec longer than the BD length of 45:30. The other two episodes showed the correct length (in win 10 explorer)

Please Note: working on Disk 2 with 5 episodes, the resultant MKV files show TWO with 1 sec longer lengths then the BD - but they seem to be insync?? Not sure if this means anything??

I have ripped E3 using all of the audio modes (AC3, DTS, AAC etc), but the only one that seems to be insync is the one using the lossless format. This adds at least 2Gb to each file size, which is too much!

I ripped using software decode only (HW encoding) and still out of sync.

They only way I could get an insync E3 was to trim the front of the file with the trimmer (hence losing the first part of the epsiode)

I have read a post about a small clip at the front, but there doesn't seem to be anything but the episode.

I have had CBD more than a year. When I first got it and used it, I tried to convert my BD movies to MKV but they all were out of sync, so I used another tool for create MKV. Unfortunately, creating individual epsiodes using the method I've used with my movies is just far to time extensive.

I need some help.

1 (log) is writing from BD to HDD using CBD and MKV format creating all 3 epsiodes in one instance.
2 (log) is writing from a HDD based BD folder of Disk 1 to CBD via MKV and only to E3.

PS - Why can't I read the log??

Run the MKV through toolNix (a free program) and you can adjust the audio delay. You will then have an MKV file that is in sync.

@Reto, @Fabian ,

The issue can be reproduced on my side with same disc.
Same Disc Hash so it should be all the same source material.

Log attached.

@Electron003
You can open the *.cbdlog with any program that can open *.zip files.

Thanks for the info and knowing you can reproduce this problem makes me feel like I"m not such a complete noob.

Run the MKV through toolNix (a free program) and you can adjust the audio delay. You will then have an MKV file that is in sync.

Actually, I've always used MKVtoolnix as my MKV creator because CBD has been so poor at giving in-sync output for MKV.

I figured after a year that perhaps it would have been fixed. Doesn't seem like that is the case. But...its too much work on a tv show to rip to BD folder, then convert to MKV. Perhaps you can convert to MKV directly from the disk, but finding the playlist is a pain and I like to cut off the credits which take up way to much space on a NAS .Don't know how to do this with MKVtoolnix. Appreciate the help.

Actually, I've always used MKVtoolnix as my MKV creator because CBD has been so poor at giving in-sync output for MKV.

I figured after a year that perhaps it would have been fixed. Doesn't seem like that is the case. But...its too much work on a tv show to rip to BD folder, then convert to MKV. Perhaps you can convert to MKV directly from the disk, but finding the playlist is a pain and I like to cut off the credits which take up way to much space on a NAS .Don't know how to do this with MKVtoolnix. Appreciate the help.

I think they have tried to keep CloneBD as simple as possible, that can of course be a problem, perhaps there should be an advanced mode button.

I would use CloneBD to produce the MKV and then if you have any sync issue, run it through ToolNix . It wont re encode, it will just remux and alter the audio delay +/-, so zero change in quality. You can of course also use ToolNix to select a default audio etc after producing the MKV from CloneBD.

Last edited:
I have a look at this.

This is one of our test disks so there shouldn't be an issue. Nonetheless, I take a closer look.

@ Electron003 RE: I've always used MKVtoolnix, and I like to cut off the credits. Don't know how to do this with MKVtoolnix.

You just use MKVMerge and on the "Global" tab you can trim the file using the time and how many pieces.

@ Electron003 RE: I've always used MKVtoolnix, and I like to cut off the credits. Don't know how to do this with MKVtoolnix.

You just use MKVMerge and on the "Global" tab you can trim the file using the time and how many pieces.

Thanks. I'll have to have a look at this.

Back