• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Need for ongoing update of AACS Key?

mdmarmd

I just started on this forum. I have been using MakeMKV in the past but wanted a tool to make ISO backups when needed. So I found this product. It successfully decrypts Blu Rays so other programs will make isos.

I am about to buy this but would like to know if this completely removes the need for updated AACS key as does MakeMKV, or is the key no longer necessary with this (at least with the current protection schemes)?

I realize the answer is probably somewhere on this forum but I could find the right terms to search for the answer, so hope someone can just pass it on to me.

Thanks,

You need to have Anydvd HD for it to work on Blu-Ray media. There are subscription model and I think the LTL(lifetime license) which cost more. Either buy the program Anydvd HD subscription model or LTL to get that ability to decrypt BD media or go somewhere else. Users on here will not provide you with those kinda bypasses.

Last edited:
I have been using MakeMKV in the past but wanted a tool to make ISO backups when needed. So I found this product.
It's a bit unclear, what you are referring to by "this product". There are numerous products available here.
And two of them make Blu-ray ISO backups (AnyDVDHD and CloneBD).

I just started on this forum. I have been using MakeMKV in the past but wanted a tool to make ISO backups when needed. So I found this product. It successfully decrypts Blu Rays so other programs will make isos.

I am about to buy this but would like to know if this completely removes the need for updated AACS key as does MakeMKV, or is the key no longer necessary with this (at least with the current protection schemes)?

I realize the answer is probably somewhere on this forum but I could find the right terms to search for the answer, so hope someone can just pass it on to me.

Thanks,
If you rip your disks with anydvd the resulting isos or filesets are unprotected.

Hope this helps.

Back