• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Installation wants to start on EVERY logon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armin

My trial expired, and I deinstalled the app, however, each time I logon to my Windows account, the setupanydvdxxxx.exe will pop-up and wants to install itself again. I deleted the file from Appdata/Roaming/temp, and STILL it will restore itself next logon, much like a fucking virus. I can't find any entry for it in Autoruns.exe either, and no regkeys.

Now, this pisses me off, to be honest. The installer is acting like a virus. How can I get rid of it once and for all? Where does it hook itself into my system?

The installer - if signed by RedFox - does not autostart itself. It doesn't even try. Unless you have copied it into your "autostart" directory.

My trial expired, and I deinstalled the app, however, each time I logon to my Windows account, the setupanydvdxxxx.exe will pop-up and wants to install itself again. I deleted the file from Appdata/Roaming/temp, and STILL it will restore itself next logon, much like a fucking virus. I can't find any entry for it in Autoruns.exe either, and no regkeys.

Now, this pisses me off, to be honest. The installer is acting like a virus. How can I get rid of it once and for all? Where does it hook itself into my system?
Where did you download the installer?

I care to guess it's a hacked Anydvd HD with malware loaded.

OP doesn't seem to be looking for a solution, just wanted to blow off steam, so I'll close this. @Armin, if you do need further assistance, please open a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back