• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

OPPO .... firmware and related stuff. And also unrelated stuff.

@Pelvis Popcan Not sure if you are aware but our friend in the far east has now jail broken the latest OPPO 203 firmware (60-0625). The download is on his purchase page. I've been in contact with him and our activation files will work with it at no extra cost.

He says we just need to flash the file in the same way as before but we do not need to re-activate - that part sticks from last time.

yep. just finished up the upgrade on my 203 with the 60-0625 firmware. Love this machine now!

Yep, currently have 4 10TB drives loaded up with my UHD rips. Discs are only good for ripping! :)

Great! Thanks for sharing. Looks like their mod is so far OK with discussing the device there.

Even if they weren't it has no impact here. A third party moderator has nothing to say on this forum, nor do we on theirs. Even they wanted us to close/delete the topic and/or ban you or anyone else, doesn't mean we have to do what they say ;)

Great! Thanks for sharing. Looks like their mod is so far OK with discussing the device there.
Not passing judgement, but people need to be reminded that those folks are selling unsupported hardware and running pirated software. And asking what, $400? Keep your expectations low and don't buy it unless you're willing to throw away the money.

rdgrimes,
fair enough. but as a number of people have purchased his oppo 203 firmware and were happy, i tool the plunge. just got an email it won;t ship until after new years though..

HI Guys,

I am stuck at the activation process, at first, our seller sent me the wrong MAC address but when I follow these steps it does not activate.

Power on, the player now boots with firmware from the OPPO version 20XCN60-0625

-> Front Panel "Hello", "No Disc"
-> Power off, remove power wire, disconnect serial, pack player
-> Reconnect Oppo to television, power wire and HDMI cable connected
-> Power on, wait 1 minute
-> Insert FAT32 formatted USB drive in front of Oppo with only activation file in root, named XXXXXXXXXXXX.da1
-> Player shows volume bar on the TV screen
-> Power off
-> Remove USB Drive
-> Power on

HI Guys,

I am stuck at the activation process, at first, our seller sent me the wrong MAC address but when I follow these steps it does not activate.
If he sent you the wrong MAC address, it will not activate.

HI Guys,

Power on, the player now boots with firmware from the OPPO version 20XCN60-0625

-> Front Panel "Hello", "No Disc"
-> Power off, remove power wire, disconnect serial, pack player
-> Reconnect Oppo to television, power wire and HDMI cable connected
-> Power on, wait 1 minute
-> Insert FAT32 formatted USB drive in front of Oppo with only activation file in root, named XXXXXXXXXXXX.da1
-> Player shows volume bar on the TV screen
-> Power off
-> Remove USB Drive
-> Power on

When you say it doesn't activate, I assume you mean it boots but does not enable the extra 'features' ? If you downloaded the firmware file from the bd-mod web site, it won't work. I had to badger him and eventually, he sent me a different file which did work.
I had the issue on two players. They are both working nicely now. Of course, as James said, if the da1 MAC address he sent you does not match the player, it's not going to work at all.

Hello,

This is my first message here. I have asked the guy from bd-mod for a firmware for my Oppo 105EU (I live in France and I'm french, sorry for the mistakes !). It seems that the main board is different than the one he provide the picture : I don't see the BE DEBUG connector on mine. There is others with a TX and RX pin but not at the same place so I can't figure out which one is the correct connector. Did you encounter the same issue or is it something specific in EU ?
Thanks for your help.

Sure :
20190327_212507.jpg
I have the feeling that it's the one circled in red but it's just a guess

Back