• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with UHD "The Big Lebowski"

tbessie

I'm not sure if this falls under the "We're working on UHD support, don't post about it" rubric or not; the sticky forum post seemed to indicate I would see a different message, so this might be a different issue.

I just tried playing the very first (and only) UHD disc I've ever bought - "The Big Lebowski".

I got the below in the status window. Is this the typical message UHD discs are displaying, or is this something else?

Summary for drive W: (AnyDVD HD 8.3.0.0, BDPHash.bin 18-10-04)
HL-DT-ST BD-RE BU40N 1.02
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.
Total size: 30900320 sectors (60352 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: THE_BIG_LEBOWSKI
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!​

ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

That's the exact message talked about. However in this case it's not the case due to unsupported disc. The problem here is your DRIVE, or rather it's firmware version. The drive is UHD friendly, however firmware version 1.02 is NOT. That version patched the loophole required for AACS authentication, which is why you're getting that error

Found 1 entry through google (now i can't find where), that said the 40N was friendly if you had one with firmware 1.01. But yes, maybe you're right and it's an official drive which then obviously won't work :)

Unfortunately LG BU30N is the only slim UHD friendly device, and it's virtually a phantom o_O

That's the exact message talked about. However in this case it's not the case due to unsupported disc. The problem here is your DRIVE, or rather it's firmware version. The drive is UHD friendly, however firmware version 1.02 is NOT. That version patched the loophole required for AACS authentication, which is why you're getting that error

Well, by "the message talked about" I was thinking of the one in the sticky where it says :

The typical message for an UNSUPPORTED title will yield something like the following message in the AnyDVD status window.

Cannot process the request at this moment. Please try again later...

This message didn't say that, and that's what I was looking for.

I'll continue reading this thread to see if there are drives that will work better, in any case (or firmware that does).

- Tim

Found 1 entry through google (now i can't find where), that said the 40N was friendly if you had one with firmware 1.01. But yes, maybe you're right and it's an official drive which then obviously won't work :)

Have you heard of anyone updating the firmware with the old one? Might have to hack the installer to ignore the current firmware, if it wants you to always have a greater version number.

Kind of annoying - I just built this new HTPC (fanless, dead quiet, really lovely machine), and this was the drive the case-maker recommended. I didn't know that the firmware would interfere with use of AnyDVD unfortunately. I ended up being able to play this movie without AnyDVD enabled, so that's good, but in the future I want to be able to play all the non-region-1 discs I own. I don't know if this issue only applies to UHD discs; if so, that's not TOO bad... guess I'll find out.

- Tim

Have you heard of anyone updating the firmware with the old one? Might have to hack the installer to ignore the current firmware, if it wants you to always have a greater version number.
Older versions won't help regarding AnyDVD.
Your only option is a crossflash to BU30N - welcome to the club ;-)

Well, by "the message talked about" I was thinking of the one in the sticky where it says :

The typical message for an UNSUPPORTED title will yield something like the following message in the AnyDVD status window.

This message didn't say that, and that's what I was looking for.

I'll continue reading this thread to see if there are drives that will work better, in any case (or firmware that does).

- Tim

So I just received this message when trying the big lebowski 4k:

So I guess I am supposed to wait until they "figure it out" and just try it every day?

Thanks,
Shane

UHD support is added sequentially so try again after some time :)

Unfortunately there's nothing to elaborate. Just read the my two posts before the one you've quoted.
In the MakeMKV forum jonghotti said he crossflashed a BU40N to an ASUS BW‑16D1HT 3.01.
The flashing of course works, but after that you can't load a disc with the BU40N as the drive reports "tray open" all the time.

So I just received this message when trying the big lebowski 4k:

So I guess I am supposed to wait until they "figure it out" and just try it every day?

Thanks,
Shane

Shane, just wondering if Big Lebowski UHD is working for you yet?

T

Yeah... looks like Shane's not around.

Does anyone know if this UHD is supported yet?

Thinking about getting it but would prefer to wait until it's supported...

T

Back