• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Nvidia shield issue with Atmos and DTSX

TheSound

I observed an ugly issue with my shield TV. I use it since August 2017 and it was never a problem to play properly movies with Dolby Atmos or DTS:X soundtracks using Kodi 17.3 or 17.6.

Now this changed. Kodi recognizes Atmos only as True HD and DTSX as DTS. A quick check with the MX player shows the same result. The only modification was the Shield update to the experience update 7.1.

Is anybody here perhaps familiar with such kind of issue? To be clear, its not the known issue, that Kodi has a problem to handle the high definition dolby and dts levels. It seems, it cant recognize the 3D sound levels of the audio track

@James, do you perhaps have an idea? As i know that you know the shield a bit...

I observed an ugly issue with my shield TV. I use it since August 2017 and it was never a problem to play properly movies with Dolby Atmos or DTS:X soundtracks using Kodi 17.3 or 17.6.
No problem here.

Now this changed. Kodi recognizes Atmos only as True HD and DTSX as DTS. A quick check with the MX player shows the same result. The only modification was the Shield update to the experience update 7.1.
I don't think Kodi ever recognized Atmos or DTS:X. It doesn't have to. Every player, which supports HD Audio bitstreaming, automatically supports Atmos / DTS:X / Auro / whatever.
On the PC I use PowerDVD 10 to play Atmos & Co. Audio. Or my old BroadComm BD reference player (10 years old?) plays Atmos & Co. without problems.
If Kodi & Shield output the HD audio track (receiver says "True HD" or "DTS HD") the audio track either is not Atmos / DTS:X, or the receiver is broken.

Hi James, thanks for the hint, the direction fitted... The issue was an accidently applied avr sound mode change during playing an atmos movie... It took me so long to find, because it only gets visible if the sound mode is checked DURING playing an atmos movie...

Back