• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Internal 4K UHD Blu-ray Burner

wayne1938

I am about do for a new burner and thinking about a 4K burner, I am confused.
Looking at different site and products, I see 4K playback, but not burning.
I like LG products. Their WH16NS60 say's 4K playback, but doesn't mention burning.
I apologize if this has already been ask.

Thanks

I emailed LG support and they said they do not have a drive that will do what I want, but their engineering dept is working on it.
Guess there is not much demand for it right now.

Then the staff doesn't know what they're talking about. As far as the drive itself is concerned CD/DVD/BD/4K UHD BD it's all just made up of 1's an 0's. Its all just random data. There's no such thing as 4K burning. 4k is a resolution, not a disc burning standard.

Thanks Chevron.
Truthfully I have never had much luck with LG even on their TV support.
What I really want to do is get a burner that I can copy UHD/4K movies with. Starting to get several of them.
What would you suggest?
I could do it at one time with the LGWH16NS40, but made the mistake of upgrading the firmware.
Any advise you can give me would be very much appreciated.
My computer has an i5-7400 CPU and 16 gig of ram.

Thanks.

Then you need what has been dubbed 'uhd friendly' drives with matching firmware. The drive you're looking at wouldn't have worked from the start. It's an official uhd drive, and anydvd only works with friendly models.

The BH/WH16NS55 with firmware version up to 1.02 will work. 1.03 is no good

Back