• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Error msg with Anydvd

Indyrod

I've been using Anydvd for a long time, and many of you know that. I'm running Win 10, and this just started happening a few releases ago. I have attached an image of the error message. If you want a log too, I can provide that. The error message does not cause a problem, the dvd download works fine, so the message is not causing me any problems, but I don't understand why it is always appearing. This happened to be "Hotel Transylvania 3", but it gives me this message all the time. And the region code is set as it should be for the drive. oh, and I don't use BD, I still use regular DVDS

Attachments

• anydvd error.jpg
    anydvd error.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 21
Throw up a log file from any DVD and I'd bet you are mistaken about the drive's region being set.

Since you are having trouble with Hotel Transylvania 3, that is as good a DVD for a log file as any.

Even if you have correctly set the region there might be something the devs need to see and possible fix with AnyDVD. So a log file would help.

nevermind I found the problem, I'm going to delete the thread.

ignore, I can't seem to delete the thread

I am getting the same error message and when I went to the DVD drive hardware setting, it is set for Region 1. And when I checked AnyDVD's settings, it is set for 1 United States and Canada. What am I missing? How do I create a log file?

Attachments

• AnyDVD Warning.jpg
    AnyDVD Warning.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
read the note at the bottom of that warning. You need to EXIT anytdvd completely to properly set the region. You cant properly set the region with anydvd active, due to how anydvd works. It fools windows into thinking the region is set, when it's not.

Rightclick the fox try icon, click exit, now go into device manager: SURPRISE!

I will try that again. This is what I am seeing so far...

Attachments

• DVD setting.jpg
    DVD setting.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 6
  • AnyDvd Log.jpg
    AnyDvd Log.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 5
And now read what i said again. EXIT anydvd completely! It's clearly marked in your 2nd image 3rd line.

As long as you go into device manager while anydvd is active, you CANNOT correctly set the drive region.

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

I do note from your first image that you "set" region 4. Do note that when the drive region doesn't match the disc you're inserting (like the one in image 2 has region 1), anydvd will need to bruteforce crack the CSS keys. This may fail when there's not enough video material to work with. But that is then unrelated to an unset drive region

Not at all, you just didn't do it right, that's all :) glad it worked.

Back