• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

problem with sandisk cruser

joeri

Hello,

When I insert my sandisk cruser (4 GB) - USB stick, ANYDVD shows that it is scanning the disk, and the whole system freezes until I remove the disk.

This is definitely a bug.

Thanks in advance

ANYDVD should have options that let you close this scaning.

Use Anydvd 6.1.7.1

AnyDVD still prevents the U3 launchpad from executing and locks the Windows Explorer.

It's not that hard to just close AnyDVD before I insert the drive but it can get annoying if I forget to.

No Disc is present in Drive I:!
VERBATIM STORE'N'GO U3 6.17

AnyDVD still prevents the U3 launchpad from executing and locks the Windows Explorer.

It's not that hard to just close AnyDVD before I insert the drive but it can get annoying if I forget to.

Hmm . . .

"Fix: Compatibility problem with Cruzer U3 memory stick"
(from the release notes for 6.1.7.1)

You are using Anydvd 6.1.7.1, right?

Last edited:
Hmm . . .

"Fix: Compatibility problem with Cruzer U3 memory stick"
(from the release notes for 6.1.7.1)

You are using Anydvd 6.1.7.1, right?

I saw that too and I hoped that it was finally fixed. Nothing has changed for me. Yes, I am using version 6.1.7.1

Well, that isn't a Cruzer. I'll look into it.

[FONT=&quot]I have a SanDisk Cruzer and AnyDVD 6.1.7.1 ignores it. That’s a good thing.[/FONT]

ANYDVD should have options that let you close this scaning.
As a matter of fact, it does:
Settings->Drives->Seletction:

Disable the offending stick there.

Hope this helps!

There is another solution to this. Simply uninstall U3 software. A simple reformat will NOT work. There is a method by going to this site:

http://www.u3.com/uninstall/

I personally can not stand U3 software. And yes, this method will wipe your drive clean:D

There is another solution to this. Simply uninstall U3 software. A simple reformat will NOT work. There is a method by going to this site:

http://www.u3.com/uninstall/

I personally can not stand U3 software. And yes, this method will wipe your drive clean:D

Very good advice! U3 software is no more than a pain in the rear and it can cause many problems.

Please, that isn't really an option for people that want and use their U3 drives. I use U3 everyday and have no problems with it. It works just fine and does what it's supposed to do if you know what you're doing.

Regards,

As a matter of fact, it does:
Settings->Drives->Seletction:

Disable the offending stick there.

Hope this helps!

If the solution was that simple i wouldn't be posting here :disagree:. In fact even with AnyDVD on for the drive it still says that it is disabled:

AnyDVD is disabled for Drive I:!
Well, that isn't a Cruzer. I'll look into it.
Is there really that much of a difference between a Verbatim U3 and a Sandisk Cruzer U3?

If the solution was that simple i wouldn't be posting here :disagree:. In fact even with AnyDVD on for the drive it still says that it is disabled:

AnyDVD is disabled for Drive I:!

Is there really that much of a difference between a Verbatim U3 and a Sandisk Cruzer U3?

Well, disabled (for AnyDVD) is good! AnyDVD will leave it alone.

Well, disabled (for AnyDVD) is good! AnyDVD will leave it alone.

Thats the problem, it says that it's disabled, but it still prevents the launchpad from executing and the Windows Explorer also freezes and only comes unstuck after i eject the drive. None of this happens with AnyDVD closed. :confused:

Can I get what OS you are using please on the user that has the San Disk?

Thanks

6.1.7.2 2007 09 06
- Fix: Compatibility problem with U3 memory sticks

Yay, it works now! Thanks a million James! :agree: :clap: :bowdown:

Back