• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dumping & Downgrading firmware on UHD Friendly Devices. (OUTDATED)

Hi Teddy can you give me million dollars? :rolleyes: Your so nice I thought I would ask. A good smile on your face is a good thing. Your doing a great job helping others out. I'm running Asus Bw-16D1HT
3.0.0 works great. If you ever need this BIOS just ask....later

Last edited:
Hi Teddy can you give me million dollars? :rolleyes: Your so nice I thought I would ask. A good smile on your face is a good thing. Your doing a great job helping others out. I'm running Asus Bw-16D1HT
3.0.0 works great. If you ever need this BIOS just ask....later
Never mind my firmware is useless as it's link to my drives signature......

Teddy.

Thanks for your help. Here is my firmware file. Again...Thanks so much.

Attachments

• Asus BD 3.03.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
One UHD drive (Asus BW16D1HT) of the four (2x BN16NS55, 2x BW16-D1HT) recently went broken after 3 months, drive rarely used.
The disc bay still was working and blue status LED blinking and drive detected etc., but the spindle motor was no longer rotating when disc inserted and laser head not moving, missing initialization sound.

Checked the firmware making a temporary test firmware dump with dosflash (firmware-EEPROM OK), firmware still matching to the 2nd original backup (with 1.02-update from 1.01) .
Also flashed back its original 1.01 fw from this drive, didn't help.

So it seems s.th. else from the electronic inside got damaged.
That's a bit scary, can't explain myself how that has happened.
I used a 4-Pin-Molex to SATA-15-pin-Power adaptor+eSATA for testing drive on the eSATA+4pin-Molex-Panel.

Maybe there was a shortcut with those tacks of that 4-pin Molex connector some time being a bit bendy.
So maybe be careful with Molex adaptors, maybe not so much suitable for hotplugging.

The drive still worked after I had put it into the packing.
After reconnecting via the frontpanel a few weaks later, it was suddenly dead??
Never mind got a replacement anyways right away during those first 6 months, and dumped the new firmware with Teddys great dosflash method:)

@TeddyRaspin

I did flash WH14NS40 fw 1.03 not reading UHD :( and I lost my original dump from WH14NS40 - SVC CODE: NS50 my drive is not working well If you have this dump!!!!!!

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
How could I have a dump of your drive, if each dump is only referred to that specific device unit ?

Anyway, try to dump 1.03 fw and send it to me and I should be able to do the "magic trick".

Thank you TeddyRaspin
That's my dump my computer recognize WH14NS40 but doesn't read nothing :(

Attachments

• WH14NS40.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
Well, my question is: "Where did you get 1.03 firmware ? Did you use the official LG flasher or the 1.03 fw file from other users ?"

Anyway, here is 1.02 fw with all laser calibration data and Drive Signature (DV value) values taken from your dump. Try it and let me know if it works.

Attachments

• TEST102.ZIP
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
@TeddyRaspin Help im getting a Trojan on the Dos_flash_Windows7.zip download?

view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SZ5AmxDNtV6Xt2NNvCFBiVKzha6fsDAw/view?usp=sharing

Its the Trojan(HEUR/QVM00.1.F7D3.Malware.Gen)

view

Attachments

• Trojan.PNG
    Trojan.PNG
    108.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
It's a false positive. You can use it without any issues at all.

I bought a lg be16nu50, I downgraded to firmware 1.01. the drive reads the BD UHD disks but anydvd fails to decrypt the disks. What can I do, do you have any suggestions?

Start with an anydvd logfile and your firmware dump BEFORE you modified it and after

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Hello TeddyRaspin,

I have got my LG BH16NS55 burner yesterday and I have dumped the installed firmware 1.03 today. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with WinHex,therefore I ask you to modify this hereby.

Best regards

muepet31

Attachments

• LG BHN16S55 1.03.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • LG BHN16S55 1.03.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
No offense, but i guess you (like 90% of the people attaching their dumps) are not reading further in Teddy's guide ;)
There is also an automatic method explained right after the Hex Editing part.
Just download the EEPROM data mover and the clean firmwares.

Well, my question is: "Where did you get 1.03 firmware ? Did you use the official LG flasher or the 1.03 fw file from other users ?"

Anyway, here is 1.02 fw with all laser calibration data and Drive Signature (DV value) values taken from your dump. Try it and let me know if it works.

I used Dosflash32 to flash the fw I know, I did the wrong thing at first and lost my original dump (save by Dosflash32) :(
I think my only way to fix my device is flash one original dump from ANY another device like my WH14NS40 - SVC CODE: NS50

I have:
Clean_NS50_compatible_firmwares.rar (all clean fws)
Devilsclaw Flasher
EEPROM_Data_Mover
Firmware_Dump_Cleaner.exe
InfoTool-5.3.3.0
DosFlash32.exe

If you guys have ANY COMPLETE (NOT CLEANED) DUMP from WH14NS40 I'd like to test on my device PLEASE UPLOAD!!!!!

THANK YOU GUYS IN ADVANCE !!!!!!

@Terramex
@TeddyRaspin

Attachments

• wh14ns40.jpg
    wh14ns40.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 11
@Guilherme Bravo

You're absolutely wrong mate. If you ever read the Important Note on my own guide, you would know that if you flash a dump taken from ANY other device like yours,
it will break the Drive Signature (DV value), as that signature is unique for each device.

In other words, if you are unable to recover YOUR original dump, you can throw your drive into the WC. :(

@teddy
I have to disagree - kind of.
Although chances are usually low it happens that you can make a drive functional again - even fully functional (especially if Data Sum matches, granted, i've only seen that once).
Anyhow, here in the german forum section there was one drive made functional again (except 50GB blanks recognition), and i shared another dump which made a drive fully funtional again.
So why not trying when you have nothing at all to lose ;)

Start with an anydvd logfile and your firmware dump BEFORE you modified it and after

Thanks for the reply.I attach the original firmware, clean and prepared, I also attach the log of anydvd

Attachments

• firmware.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 7
  • AnyDVD_8.2.5.0_Info_E_THE_REVENANT.ziplog
    3.3 MB · Views: 5
Back