• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dumping & Downgrading firmware on UHD Friendly Devices. (OUTDATED)

I used the oldest pc in my house. I tried on a UEFI bios and no go. I think maybe the older the motherboard the better

That’s bad then for me. I assume, it doesn’t matter if I choose the Windows or the DOS method.
I don’t have access to an old pc anymore.

Maybe you can find an old cheap one in a local thrift shop or 2nd hand goods website. You just need to make a choice what matters more. Shelling out some more cash or not being able to exercise your legal right for fair use backups

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Can anyone with a lg-bu40n blu-ray slim drive confirm if this drive is riplock with dvd rips?
Blu-ray ripping is not riplock, but dvd ripping is.starts at 1.62x and 4.12x as highiest speed.
Bought this drive on ebay from china and has cat9 as firmware version

First, I'd like to give a huge thanks to Teddy who is helping all of us with the firmware modifications. Should be more people like him in this world :)

As a note to people trying to make a firmware dump, I'll tell you what I did:

I had a old harddrive laying around and wanted to use it instead of the USB. Downloaded 32-bit of windows 10 1803. Burned it to a DVD and put it in my NS55.
Disconnected my current OS and storage drive to be absolutely sure they're not affected by the new install.

Before the install I turned AHCI to IDE.

When windows was up and running I started the tool and could not get it to work. So I started to reconnect the SATA cables to the other ports and only got it to work when I connected to port 1 and 2.
Was a time consuming hassle as these two were hidden behind the graphics card :-/. Now the hard drive and the NS55 came up as Master and Slave :)

The flashing prosedure was hassle free and the NS55 works excelent :)

Roger.

Maybe you can find an old cheap one in a local thrift shop or 2nd hand goods website. You just need to make a choice what matters more. Shelling out some more cash or not being able to exercise your legal right for fair use backups

I'll keep looking for some old PC's:)

The drive just came in. Would you mind creating the firmware?

Attachments

• ASUS.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
@TeddyRaspin

Hello TeddyRaspin! Much like most here I bought from Amazon and was just delivered the Asus BW-16D1HT with the 3.02 "NON" friendly UHD firmware...i read your guide and thank you very much first and foremost! After some trial and error i was able to dump my original firmware from the drive. Can you work your magic, sorcery, voodoo and change it to the "friendly" UHD 3.02 firmware? I am not too familiar with HEX Editing so wonder if the pro could help me. Thank you kindly in advance...

@TeddyRaspin
Hey Teddy just wanted you to know that I finally got some free time and flashed with your 3.02 clean version and it works like a champ! Thank you so much... I really appreciate all you do!!! Thank you!

That worked, thank you so much!

It was strange though - After flashing, it gave me a write error and said it failed. I rebooted the computer and it took about 10 minutes to boot with a POST error. Then in Windows, it wouldn't read the drive at all, even in the device manager. I rebooted again and now it works! I just ripped two discs to test and both came out fine.

Has anyone else seen that? Maybe I should buy a second, in case anything goes wrong with this one?

You should try to write firmware file again without any errors during the writing process.

Happened to me too. An error Occur. I launched the write once more, worked flawlessly on the second time, and the drive works very nice.

thank you Teddy.

After reading through the thread, am I correct in understanding that it is not currently possible to do this trick with the BU50N "real" UHD drive? It would be really great to not have to buy a different drive for use with MakeMKV etc.

Thanks!

Please I need help
Does anyone know how to extract the firmware.bin file from bu40n.exe?, it's a lg blu-ray drive
I would like to crossflash with TeddyRaspin's dosflash_lg tool.
Please anyone, just need the name of the software to use and I'll google it myself.
This bu40n is riplocked and according to lg website it shouldn't be.
But mine came with firmware version cat9 and I'm pretty sure this firmware is the culprit so would like to downgrade it.
Or if anyone has dumped this drive's firmware would be kind to link it here, pretty please:)

Link me to the bu40n.exe. On official LG site I can only see 1.02 fw version.

Back