• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD doesn't work with Hostiles

Bernard Hess

AnyDVD doesn't work with Hostiles. It gives a 2.15 GB video that discusses how the movie was made. I've been watching the forums for a month to see if anyone else has the problem.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 8.2.5.0, BDPHash.bin 18-01-30)
HP DVDRWDU8A6SH DHS3
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)
Video DVD (or CD) label: HOSTILES
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC
Removing annoying menu and intro/outro clips!
Removed 8 annoying menu clips!
Removing annoying title clips shorter than 0.5 minute(s)!
Removed 6 annoying title clips!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Patched DVD volume label!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 52 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

AnyDVD doesn't work with Hostiles. It gives a 2.15 GB video that discusses how the movie was made. I've been watching the forums for a month to see if anyone else has the problem.

HP DVDRWDU8A6SH DHS3
Media is a DVD.
Media is CSS protected!
UDF filesystem patched!
You need to supply an AnyDVD log any time you have an issue with a disc. But having said that, I would say you chose the wrong audio track in whatever copy program you used. Director's comments and extras are usually AC3-2 tracks, while the main movie is usually an AC3-6 track. AnyDVD rips all audio from a disc, your copy program is where you choose which audio is used.

If you are saying the main movie is absent, then an AnyDVD log is really needed for a developer to look at. What copy program you are using and what it "sees" would also be useful.

Last edited:
That's why I was hesitant to use the forum. I don't even know that a AnyDVD logany time is. That said, it's not an audio problem. The resulting DVD is an hour and 3 minutes and 2.15 GB for a 2 hour 14 minute movie. I've been using AnyDVD for at least 7 years and haven't had this problem before. The movie that comes up with that DVD shows backstage scenes of when they produced the movie.

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-26_19-7-3.png
    upload_2018-5-26_19-7-3.png
    310.6 KB · Views: 11
That's why I was hesitant to use the forum. I don't even know that a AnyDVD logany time is. That said, it's not an audio problem. The resulting DVD is an hour and 3 minutes and 2.15 GB for a 2 hour 14 minute movie. I've been using AnyDVD for at least 7 years and haven't had this problem before. The movie that comes up with that DVD shows backstage scenes of when they produced the movie.
You still haven't responded with which program you are using to copy the disc, CloneDVD, Shrink, just a rip with AnyDVD, etc. Reading the "Please read this before you post" sticky, #5, would give you these instructions:
5. Post an AnyDVD log file. Many times the answer to your question is visible to experienced users or RedFox support or a developer right away.

Ensure Anydvd is running.
  1. Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
  2. Right click the red fox icon on your system tray (to the lower right).
  3. Select "Create Logfile"
  4. Wait for Anydvd to create a log file. In some circumstances this might take 5 minutes or longer.
  5. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile "Anydvd_Info_<xxxxxxx>.ziplog" (or something similar)
  6. Click "ok". A Windows Explorer will open. You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.ziplog"
  7. Click "Create new topic" on the top or bottom right of a forum section.
  8. Describe the problem
  9. Below the text box you will see 3 buttons. Click the middle one that states "Upload File".
  10. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the RedFox forums)
  11. Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .ziplog file you created.
  12. Wait for the progress indicator in the top right corner to finish. Then click "Close"
  13. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .ziplog file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

I ripped it to my hard drive using AnyDVD HD 8.2.5.0 and also several previous versions. See the picture attached. That total rip only shows 2.15 GB which is way too small for a two-hour movie. From there I used both Nero Recode to a .mp4 file and DVDFab to a DVD. Both produced the 1-hour 3-minute video of the backstage scenes.

Attachments

• temp.JPG
    temp.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 7
I ripped it to my hard drive using AnyDVD HD 8.2.5.0 and also several previous versions. See the picture attached. That total rip only shows 2.15 GB which is way too small for a two-hour movie. From there I used both Nero Recode to a .mp4 file and DVDFab to a DVD. Both produced the 1-hour 3-minute video of the backstage scenes.
That's fine. But a developer has nothing to go on without an AnyDVD log. An EIN number (or Amazon link) is helpful also to see if they might have the same or different version (if they have that disc).

Sounds like you are watching the film w/commentary track. Or only the track has come out with.

HP DVDRWDU8A6SH DHS3
Media is a DVD.
Media is CSS protected!
UDF filesystem patched!
Try again with AnyDVD default settings. If this doesn't help, please post an AnyDVD logfile. Thank you.

Back