• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

LG 4K Ultra HD 3D Blu-ray player VS. CINAVIA

I just got a message from AnyDVD, new version is now available. Is this what I think it is? If so, the coincidence is amazing. Has anyone tried?

8.2.4.0 2018 04 17
- New: PowerDVD 18 is now supported by AnyDVD's unique Cinavia fix
- New (Blu-ray): Support for new discs
- New (DVD): Support for new discs
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

There's already a newer one, beta 8241. But if you're referring to the PowerDVD reference, that's no coincidence. New version of pdvd was released shortly before, so AnyDVD was updated to support it shortly after.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

There's already a newer one, beta 8241. But if you're referring to the PowerDVD reference, that's no coincidence. New version of pdvd was released shortly before, so AnyDVD was updated to support it shortly after.

All right. I guess I was confused by these words "AnyDVD's unique Cinavia fix". My hope is that AnyDVD will include in the future an option to break the Cinavia protection. DVDFab already has it but I don't like DVDFab.

It already has, for months, in combination with CloneBD but at a cost to the audio

You are right, Chevron, that's what I should do. Now, is that negative impact on the audio really audible?

I have removed cinavia from a few copies of blu ray movies using AnyDVD and CloneBD and I cannot tell the difference in the sound. Of course I have a 4 year old blu ray player and a 1080p HD T.V. so that may have something to do with it.

It depends on the title, usually impacts background music. It's what users describe as a "speedup & slowdown effect". The age of the player is irrelevant, once removal is done. The audio is impacted, there's nothing an old or new player can do about it.

Just want to mention that those older Bluray players wont play 4K UHD movies.

I just found an old blu-ray player that I had put away because I have 3 other players newer than that one. That old one is Sony BDP-S360 that came out in 2009. So I tried all those copies rejected by Cinavia, and the old Sony welcomed them back! None of the old copies I have made till now (a lot!) is 4K UHD, so for all those copies the old Sony saved my life.
So I am good, but for the future, I will remove Cinavia from my new copies.
Ironically, the old Sony BDP-S360 is still on Amazon, but its cost is now $349.99, a lot more than what I paid for it when it was new, I think. Amazing!

i use a zappiti media player. This player supports playing the ISO right over the network. No burning discs needed. Do some research on limitations, but this is why the media player/streaming boxes really started to boom. There were different media streamers out since 2005-6ish, but you had to order them (besides the original xbox media center on the xbox). I remember my mediagate with S-Video/Component Video for the VCD/SVCD/AVI/XVID..etc and my first QNAP NAS with 1TB of space (2x500gb). Any way there is a reason why those streamers have hit mainstream and so many manufactures produce them.....they are not required to put in a Cinavia detection chip/software :).

Unfortunately you would think with technology that media streamers would be equal.... but they are not when it comes to audio/video playback. I used to mess around with the $30-$80 android boxes and while playing everything usually the audio was not the HD audio (stuck with standard DTS/Dolby)... I got tired of each new build breaking/not fixing..etc the issues so I ordered the Zappiti box and VOILA!... it plays all the HD audio perfectly/videos/etc. No issues that I have noticed. Even the 4K HDR looks awesome. My yamaha receiver shows the inputting signal exactly as it should be (DTS:X/Dolby Atmos/DTS-MA/TrueHD).

Oh wow, the Zappiti media player. Great to know.

As for my new LG "infected" with the Cinavia protection. I was playing commercial blu-ray discs that I recently bougth from Amazon. Guess what! The Cinavia stupid warning came back blocking the audio!... and this time it was not a copy but the original commercial disc. I am returning the player to Amazon, and at the same time I ordered the following Sony model:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E4NDS48/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If this Sony gives me the same Cinavia problem with the copies I made, fine, I still got a Sony from 2009 that did not come with Cinavia protection.

Last edited:
i use a zappiti media player. This player supports playing the ISO right over the network. No burning discs needed. Do some research on limitations, but this is why the media player/streaming boxes really started to boom. There were different media streamers out since 2005-6ish, but you had to order them (besides the original xbox media center on the xbox). I remember my mediagate with S-Video/Component Video for the VCD/SVCD/AVI/XVID..etc and my first QNAP NAS with 1TB of space (2x500gb). Any way there is a reason why those streamers have hit mainstream and so many manufactures produce them.....they are not required to put in a Cinavia detection chip/software :).

Unfortunately you would think with technology that media streamers would be equal.... but they are not when it comes to audio/video playback. I used to mess around with the $30-$80 android boxes and while playing everything usually the audio was not the HD audio (stuck with standard DTS/Dolby)... I got tired of each new build breaking/not fixing..etc the issues so I ordered the Zappiti box and VOILA!... it plays all the HD audio perfectly/videos/etc. No issues that I have noticed. Even the 4K HDR looks awesome. My yamaha receiver shows the inputting signal exactly as it should be (DTS:X/Dolby Atmos/DTS-MA/TrueHD).
How is the video from it? I have an Nvidia SHield which will bitstream the HD audio which seems to work well with MKVs, but I'm not sure if it does ISOs. And I have nine years of 2K BD ISOs that I've used Any DVD with an dplayed back on Popcorn Hour players. So since i just started ripping my UHD BD titles, I was looking at the Zappiti player and it seems similar to what the old Popcorn Hour players I have are.

The cheap $45 PCH ROck Box will also play and bitstream them. But it only has a 100BT EThernet port, which will run into issues with high bitrates. Plus the video quality isn't as good as the Nvdia Shield. And the Shield is slightly lower than my SOny UHD BD player. So I'm curious if Zappiti has as good video quality as some of the better UHD BD players?

I don't want to hijack the thread, but i think the video is perfect. I watched the Blue Planet II 4k rips and WOW.. I would do some research of your own. Your correct in that there are many less expensive players out there that have the ability to bitstream, especially with librelec.. but again may require some "tweaks".. i still have those devices for when I'm bored and want to mess with stuff. After a hard day working when i just want to come home and put on something.. i have never had to "mess" with the Zappiti, just turn it on, and VOILA.. and it auto switches to 4K/back with no issues.

I've been using the Panasonic DMP-BDT75 for years now (several of them) still finding them on e-bay. So far, I've not had to venture beyond that model but often wonder where and what model of player would I get if that finally becomes unavailable.

Back