• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question on the BD-5 option

Dinosar1

I've tried a few times and successfully created my BD-5s. However, they don't seem to like both my bluray players. Those discs only are recognized by my computer.

Is there a setting I'm missing?

I might be wrong, but seems to remember that BD-5 is the same as AVCHD, a DVD-r disc with Blu-ray filestructure

Not all standalone players can play disc like that

BD5 is NOT the same as avchd. There are multiple differences. Bd5 is in fact a full fledged bluray structure on a DVD. Avchd is a lot more confined as to what video and audio combos and formats are allowed. While avchd is usually widely supported on standalone players, it's the exact opposite for bd5/9. Not all players like to play those, and those that do play them often don't like the ones with Java based menus.

There is no setting you're missing. Your players just don't like the bd5 format. You could try bd9.

Last edited:
I myself am a bit confused then. I have just used CloneBD to create a playable movie on DVD-R. Of course I had to include ONLY the main playlist, strip out all but the one sound track AND downgrade the audio to ACC3 5.1 just to get it to “fit” on what I am pretty sure CloneDB lists as “BD-5” (which for my concerns is a single layer DVD). Burned well with no problems and when played in my Blu Ray set top player it was recognized AS A AVCHD disc. So, Ch3vrOLn, can you explain which type of Disc (AVCHD or BD-5) CloneBD actually produced? I of course want it to be playable in the most number of players and scenarios.

By Elby’s own description, it states it produces BD-5 and you state there are differences between BD-5 and AVCHD. You say AVCHD is widly playable and BD-5 are not. CloneBD should have produced a BD-5 disc not very playable in most players and yet my player labels it as an AVCHD (which according to this post is). Sorry I tend to be a little. Too descriptive and redundant but totally confused by this.

As stated before, a BD+ is a blu-ray structure on a Single layer DVD. That doesn't make it a DVD, it's still a blu-ray structure and not all players can play those. BD5/9 is different from AVCHD

Yes sir, I can understand that analogy. Question was.....I use CloneDB, I burn a BD-5 (select from the option list) stating 4.7 GB. I burn it and my Blu Ray player says its a AVCHD. Why? There either is or there either is not a difference. I accept your premise, then my blu ray player is wrongly identifing my disc.

Back