• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ANYDVD creating ISO File too large to burn onto DVD

Big Time Tommy

I was able to rip my DVD without issue using ANYDVD, and saved it as ISO File on my hard drive.

When I try to use IMGBURN to create a DVD, IMGBURN says the ISO file is too large, over 7GB, while my blank DVD only holds 4.7GB.

Is there a step I'm missing in ANYDVD to make this file smaller, or do I need a third software tool to convert the 7GB file down to 4.7GB? Ideally, all I would want to use is ANYDVD and IMGBURN, but will accept any suggestions or advice on what to do.

I was able to rip my DVD without issue using ANYDVD, and saved it as ISO File on my hard drive.

When I try to use IMGBURN to create a DVD, IMGBURN says the ISO file is too large, over 7GB, while my blank DVD only holds 4.7GB.

Is there a step I'm missing in ANYDVD to make this file smaller, or do I need a third software tool to convert the 7GB file down to 4.7GB? Ideally, all I would want to use is ANYDVD and IMGBURN, but will accept any suggestions or advice on what to do.
AnyDVD isn't doing anything wrong. Most retail DVDs are double layer and you're trying to burn that to single layer discs. THAT is the problem.

You have 2 options.

1. Buy some double layer blanks (DVD+R DL) and those iso's will burn just fine
2. Use CloneDVD 2 to shrink that double layer iso to single layer (you'll have to mount the iso first in a virtual drive. CDVD scant natively open iso's)

Oh and you're not supposed to use the iso ripper on DVD, AnyDVD gives you a warning for a reason when you do it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

AnyDVD isn't doing anything wrong. Most retail DVDs are double layer and you're trying to burn that to single layer discs. THAT is the problem.

You have 2 options.

1. Buy some double layer blanks (DVD+R DL) and those iso's will burn just fine
2. Use CloneDVD 2 to shrink that double layer iso to single layer (you'll have to mount the iso first in a virtual drive. CDVD scant natively open iso's)

Oh and you're not supposed to use the iso ripper on DVD, AnyDVD gives you a warning for a reason when you do it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Thanks, this is very helpful.

One question - when you say "you're not supposed to use the iso ripper on DVD", is there a different way/method I should be using to rip DVD's with AnyDVD, or are you saying I shouldn't be using AnyDVD to rip DVD's? I didn't see a warning when I ripped the DVD, and I did it twice.

Thanks again.

One question - when you say "you're not supposed to use the iso ripper on DVD", is there a different way/method I should be using to rip DVD's with AnyDVD, or are you saying I shouldn't be using AnyDVD to rip DVD's? I didn't see a warning when I ripped the DVD, and I did it twice.

Thanks again.
The default settings to AnyDVD tell you not to rip to ISO. You can rip to hard drive and then use either CloneDVD2 with AnyDVD or use something like DVDShrink to convert the rip to ISO, and then burn it to a blank DVD +R.

:)

Thanks again.
You just shouldn't be using the AnyDVD image ripper on DVD's. That's why you get warned but AnyDVD every time you do it! You need to use the 'rip video DVD to hard disk' option instead. The image ripper is directed towards Blu-ray ripping

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

You shouldn't use the AnyDVD ripper at all. Use CloneDVD instead. ;)

You shouldn't use the AnyDVD ripper at all. Use CloneDVD instead. ;)

Out of curiosity? May ask why Redfox is shilling for Elby.
Elby was "connected" to SLYSOFT as I recall?
No?
-W

Last edited:
Euhm, because CloneDVD is still the best companion to anydvd? Just because slysoft died and redfox became existing, doesn't suddenly mean it's no longer the perfect companion tool

Out of curiosity? May ask why Redfox is shilling for Elby.
Elby was "connected" to SLYSOFT as I recall?
Because "it feels right". The stupid AnyDVD ripper is a sized-down CloneDVD, which I never removed, after SlySoft went down. (Although I probably should).

Because "it feels right". The stupid AnyDVD ripper is a sized-down CloneDVD, which I never removed, after SlySoft went down. (Although I probably should).

I wouldn't do that, ppl would then only have the image ripper and that one DEFINITELY isn't meant for DVD's. Perhaps "improve" it and prevent the ISO ripper from being used on DVD's :)

Some people need the AnyDVD ripper to get an unprotected folder to feed in their 3rd party software. Not everyone has CloneDVD, but do need AnyDVD.

Last edited:
The owner of Slysoft gave you employees all rights to the software, correct? Then any licensing agreement w/ Elby should have transferred as well along with the intellectual property.

Keeping AnyDVD alive and updated sure pushes Elby some business with CloneBD. I don't see Elby getting stinky about the sized-down CloneDVD engine in AnyDVD.

Just a non-lawyer opinion.

Even though I own 4 lifetime licenses of CloneDVD2 (bought during the SlySoft days,) I love the option of using the AnyDVD ripper without having CloneDVD2 running in the background, and then using stuff like DVDShrink just like I want.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

:)

I wouldn't do that, ppl would then only have the image ripper and that one DEFINITELY isn't meant for DVD's. Perhaps "improve" it and prevent the ISO ripper from being used on DVD's :)

I agree. Not only what Chev said, but you would no longer be able to promote AnyDVD as "works with ALL DVD processing software".
And It seems you can sell CloneDVD through this site - so I wouldn't sweat it.
-W

From what I recall of the Slysoft days the tutorial on how to use AnyDvd (HD) seemed to mandate the use of CloneDVD.

Mandate, i doubt it. More probable recommend IF they want to have an iso. For folder structure the anydvd ripper is fine

Before "Saw III" came out, Slysoft's AnyDVD really did work with all ripping/processing software. From that point on, the AnyDVD rip to folder option is required on any DVD that the AnyDVD status says: "Found and Removed Structural Copy Protections". Then you can import that folder into any software you want.
(In fact that option was added in a direct response to "Saw III" and it's ilk.)
-W
Who remembers when these forums opened - right around the exact same time Saw III came out. An immediate "shit-storm" followed, making for a nice "Grand Opening" for the forum. LOL
In fact the only other real "shit-storm" on these boards that took place (ever) was during the transition from Slysoft to Redfox - and yes that one made Saw III look like a "walk in the park".

Before "Saw III" came out, Slysoft's AnyDVD really did work with all ripping/processing software. From that point on, the AnyDVD rip to folder option is required on any DVD that the AnyDVD status says: "Found and Removed Structural Copy Protections". Then you can import that folder into any software you want.
(In fact that option was added in a direct response to "Saw III" and it's ilk.)
-W
Who remembers when these forums opened - right around the exact same time Saw III came out. An immediate "shit-storm" followed, making for a nice "Grand Opening" for the forum. LOL
In fact the only other real "shit-storm" on these boards that took place (ever) was during the transition from Slysoft to Redfox - and yes that one made Saw III look like a "walk in the park".
Yes, and you were in the middle of that because of Shrink.

Ch3vron, I noticed you've mentioned a warning several times, but I have never gotten a warning when doing this.

I admit I use AnyDVD rip to iso for the few DVDs I back up now, because there usually part of a group I'm backing up that is primarily Blu Rays and it's just easier to use the same process for both.

My understanding is that it's not recommended because there may be an issue when burning back to DVD, but my use is watching on the computer only.

There was a couple of times I lost or damaged the original DVD and replaced it with a burn from iso and I guess I was lucky because the disc was fine. But it's very rare that I need to do that.

So if your use is primarily watching the DVD iso's on your computer, there is no real harm, right?

T

So if your use is primarily watching the DVD iso's on your computer, there is no real harm, right?
T

Except that you could wind up with a 70GB ISO for one DVD - LOL
If you don't want to use CloneDVD so badly to make the ISO's - Just rip to folder and use IMGBurn to convert it to ISO.
-W

Back