• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New in PowerDVD 18

hadar

pdvd18.png
Here is a list of the new features in the latest version CyberLink PowerDVD.

•Use crop to fill for a better fit for 2.35:1 Blu-ray video on ultra wide 21:9 monitors.

•Cast media to an Amazon Fire TV device*.

•Watch 4K and HDR YouTube (VP9/WebM)video without leaving the PowerDVD program.

•Stream live YouTube videos and play 360° Vimeo videos.

•View multiple angles simultaneously while viewing 360° videos and photos.

•Import external subtitle files for Blu-rays.

•Adds support for VTT external subtitle files for movie files, TV shows, and pinned YouTube videos.

•Includes exclusive audio output (WASAPI Exclusive) support for supported media shared on network (DLNA) media servers.

•Smoother and precise audio scrubbing when watching videos.

•More PowerDVD UI customization options and other user experience improvements.

Note: * this feature is not available in some editions of CyberLink PowerDVD 18.
The system requirements listed below are recommended as minimums. The system requirements for CyberLink PowerDVD vary depending on the movie content you are watching. 3D technologies require additional hardware to view 3D movie content. Please see the Hardware Support section on the CyberLink PowerDVD web site for more details about 3D hardware and graphics card support.

CyberLink PowerDVD optimizes performance by selecting the appropriate video de-interlacing algorithm for the available processing power. CyberLink PowerDVD maintains its support for processors below 1.6 GHz by ensuring that some CyberLink TrueTheater technologies are turned off by default. CyberLink PowerDVD's advanced audio and video technologies function better when used with processors above 2.4 GHz.

Operating System

Ultra HD Blu-ray

•Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit with 2015 Nov. updates).

VR Mode

•Windows 10/8.1/7 with Service Pack 1.

Blu-ray Disc, DVD, and TrueTheater 3D Playback

•Microsoft Windows 10/8/8.1/7 with Service Pack 1.

Processor (CPU)

Ultra HD Blu-ray

•Intel 7th generation (Kaby Lake) Core i processors and above that support the Intel Software Guard Extensions (Intel SGX) technology.

VR Mode

•Intel i5-4590, AMD FX 8350 equivalent.

•Blu-ray Disc playback: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 (2.66GHz), AMD Phenom 9450 (2.10GHz).

•Blu-ray 3D playback: Intel Core i5, AMD Phenom II X4.

•TrueTheater HD** and TrueTheater 3D** for Blu-ray and HD video: Intel Core i5 (with 4 Cores), AMD Phenom II X6.

•DVD playback: Pentium 4 (2.4 GHz), Athlon 64 2800+ (1.8 GHz), AMD Fusion E-series & C-series.

Note: ** some Fox titles released from Jul. 2013 will not support TrueTheater HD or TrueTheater 3D.

4K Ultra HD with Hardware Acceleration

•Intel 3rd generation Core i5.

Note: CyberLink PowerDVD supports 4K Ultra HD video in H.264 / MP4 format at bitrates up to 60 Mbps.

Graphics Processor (GPU)

Ultra HD Blu-ray

•Intel 7th generation (Kaby Lake) Core i processors integrated with Intel HD Graphics 630, Intel Iris™ Graphics 640.

Note: Ultra HD Blu-ray is supported only if a display is powered by Intel Graphics and supports HDCP 2.2. If your computer includes more than one graphics processor, Ultra HD Blu-ray is supported only on the display that is connected and powered by Intel Graphics.

VR Mode

•NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, AMD Radeon R9 290 equivalent.

HDR 10 Video Playback

•to view High Dynamic Range (HDR) effects from HDR10 Videos, Intel 7th Generation (Kaby Lake) Core i Processors integrated with Intel HD Graphics 630 or Intel Iris Graphics 640, and NVIDIA GTX 950/960, 1000 series (for HEVC HDR 10), GTX 1080 Ti, GTX 1050, GTX 1050 Ti, or GT 1030 (for VP9 HDR 10).

4K Ultra HD Video with Hardware Acceleration

•H.264/AVC: 3rd Generation Intel Core i5 (Ivy Bridge).

•H.265/HEVC (8bits): 5th Generation Intel Core i5 (Broadwell) or NVIDIA GTX 960.

•H.265/HEVC (10bits): 7th Generation Intel Core i5 (Kaby Lake) or NVIDIA GTX 1060.

Blu-ray Disc, DVD, and TrueTheater HD/3D Playback

•Intel HD Graphics, ATI Radeon HD 5000, NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT.

Note: we strongly recommend that you update your graphics card driver to the latest version. 3D display devices are required for TrueTheater 3D playback.

Blu-ray 3D playback

•Intel HD Graphic (Intel Core i5), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 400 series and GeForce GT 240/320/330/340, AMD Radeon HD 6000 and 6000M series with UVD 3 support.

DVD Playback

•PCI Express graphic accelerator supporting DirectX 9.0.

Mainboard (Motherboard)

Ultra HD Blu-ray

•A mainboard is required which supports the Intel Software Guard Extensions (Intel SGX) technology. The Intel SGX feature needs to be enabled in the BIOS settings and allocated with 128 MB or above memory space. To view the HDR 10 effect of Ultra HD Blu-ray movies, a mainboard that supports exporting HDR 10 signal is required.

Note: to output Ultra HD Blu-ray movies to an external display, the connection port embedded on the mainboard must support HDCP 2.2. For laptop PCs, please refer to the specification of your laptop to see if the external display connection (HDMI/DisplayPort) supports HDCP 2.2 output.

HDR 10 Video Playback

•To view HDR 10 video, a mainboard that supports exporting HDR 10 signal is required.

Memory

Ultra HD Blu-ray/VR Mode

•4 GB (6 GB recommended).

•Blu-ray Disc playback: 2 GB required for Windows 10, 8.1/8/7.

•DVD and TrueTheater 3D playback: 1 GB required for Windows 10, 8.1/8/7

Blu-ray 3D with or without Hardware Acceleration

•2 GB.

Hard Disk Space

•500 MB for product installation.

Display Device

Ultra HD Blu-ray

•Display device with HDMI 2.0a/DisplayPort 1.3 connection interface, and must support HDCP 2.2.

•Screen resolution: Ultra HD resolution (3840 x 2160).

•Display connection: HDMI 2.0a/DisplayPort 1.3 version cable without any adapters/splitters/repeaters.

Note: to enable the High Dynamic Range (HDR) feature of Ultra HD Blu-ray movies, the display device must support the HDR display feature and 10-bit color depth display capability with an HDMI 2.0a/DisplayPort 1.4 connection interface. If your display device doesn't support the HDR feature, PowerDVD will play back the Ultra HD Blu-ray movie under Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) mode.

•For Blu-ray titles with AACS and DVD titles with CPRM playback, PowerDVD 18 only allows output to display devices using DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort connector in order to be compliant with copy protection (HDCP).

•For other DVD and Blu-ray Disc playback: HDCP compliant display for digital output. TV or computer monitor for analog output.

•TrueTheater 3D playback: 3D display and 3D glasses required.

Blu-ray 3D with or without Hardware Acceleration

•3D display and 3D glasses are required (NVIDIA 3D Vision, 3D Ready HDTV, HDMI 1.4-enabled TV, Micro-polarizer LCD or Anaglyph Red/Cyan Glasses). HDCP compliant display for digital output.

Video Output

VR Mode

•HDMI 1.4, DisplayPort 1.2.

Disc Drive

•Ultra HD Blu-ray playback: optical disc drives that are certified for Ultra HD Blu-ray playback.

•Blu-ray Disc playback: BD-ROM/BD-RE or Super Multi Blu combo disc drive.

•DVD and TrueTheater 3D playback: DVD-ROM, DVD+-R/RW, DVD-RAM or DVD Super Multi combo disc drive.

Internet Connection

•Required for initial software and file format activation, first-time play of an Ultra HD Blu-ray movie, and online services.

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks for sharing! Is the Live version officially released or did you just find the download link by poking around on their server?

Also, are the links out for the non-Live versions yet? I know they can't be registered, but it would still be cool to play with them until they can be.

Yeah it looks like CyberLink removed it. It's too late though. Very easy to find if you type in the exact name of the exe on Google.

the leak is all over the internet now, and i will never purchase from them again, good news is 4k discs now play back in 24p with version 18, no MKV support though

the leak is all over the internet now, and i will never purchase from them again, good news is 4k discs now play back in 24p with version 18, no MKV support though
Use VLC for MKV support.

what about Dolby Vision support in the PDVD 18?
I have not independently confirmed this, but from what I've heard, there is no support for Dolby Vision.

I have not independently confirmed this, but from what I've heard, there is no support for Dolby Vision.
it's a pity!
because they said that they work on it
Hicham_B said:
Hi Al.Ron,

We have done this suggestion to our developer team. We will announce the new features it there is an update.

Greetings,
HichamTechnical support:
EN: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
DE: https://de.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
FR: https://fr.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
ES: https://es.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp

This isn't the official release. It's a leak, so it's possible that it will be after.

No MKV support? Why would they drop that?

Gosh, every time they do another release of their yearly updated buggy overpriced p.o.s. I'm glad I didn't purchase any newer version after I got burned buying PowerDVD 8. Better give my money to RedFox or donate to open source developers even if it means giving up full menu support than have to deal with this.

From what I'm hearing v18 seems to run leaner and is more responsive. Time will tell but CyberLink may have actually released a better-than-normal major update.

Edit: Knowing CyberLink's history I'm sure they dropped the ball somewhere, however. They always do.

Last edited:
Speaking of CyberLink screwing things up, I have PowerDVD 17, and after installing the last update patch, the Android remote control app stopped working. I haven't bothered to put any effort into fixing it because I may upgrade to 18 when it comes out, and I have been too busy to watch movies lately anyway.

OK, it took them one year to do the obvious (and now asking their clients to pay again)!
i've had a very good argument with them and apparently it's not needed to get the licence for it and powerdvd 17 was finished before they implemented that feature, so in there eyes it works

Did they finally add subtitle positioning / brightness? I doubt it, but hope dies last...

Final version PowerDVD 18 build 1529.62 doesn't have autoframerate for 4K HDR

Final version PowerDVD 18 build 1529.62 doesn't have autoframerate for 4K HDR
Autoframerate sounds like one of those things that should be controlled by hardware and not software.

Back