• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD does not recognize Disney Cars DVD

So, I successfully ripped the Cars disk into ISO on another PC. I even mounted the resulting ISO and played various parts of the movie without problems. Another PC is similar to mine (Dell T7400 with Win 10 x64), but it has 2 DVD drives. One drive is exact same make and model as mine, but different firmware (C109, I have B103). Another drive is a DVD-ROM drive, not RW. So, I installed 8.2.2.6 beta on it and put the disk into DVD-ROM drive. It read it almost instantly. (Btw it has no region set). Then I tried to rip it in AnyDVD - no success. But you already told me to use CloneDVD. So, installed CloneDVD and tried to rip it with AnyDVD in background. At about 25% Clone DVD stopped and said "read error". After that I closed CloneDVD and ran UltraISO. UltraISO was able to rip the entire disk without any problems. I haven't noticed any problems during the process. The progress bar was moving steadily and it took about 50 min for the 8.5 GB disk. I tested the ISO with Media Player Classic and it seems to play fine. Then out of curiosity I inserter the disk into the 2-nd DVD-RW (same as the one I have, but with C109) and the drive could not read the disk with AnyDVD in background. After about 30 sec, the drive letter disappeared both in AnyDVD and in the explorer, and the drive froze. At this point my time was up at that another PC.

I'll try to rip it again on my PC with 8.2.2.6 and see if that solves the problem.
Regarding the log file. The drive goes into this locked state shortly after AnyDVD displays the status window. Once the drive in the locked state AnyDVD does not produce a logfile.

I just tried 8.2.2.6 on my PC. Same story. Scan takes long, after status window is updated the title does not show up in the explorer. The logfile is NOT created. I can't access the drive or any info about it. The HDD access light is steady on. Here is the (useless) status window:

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD HD 8.2.2.6, BDPHash.bin 18-01-30)
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H73N B103
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Total size: 4152300 sectors (8109 MBytes)
Video DVD (or CD) label: CARS
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC
Structural copy protection not found.
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I can't test the "sister" drive on another PC yet, but I suspect the result will be the same. Something does not work properly between AnyDVD, this drive (with either B103 or C109 firmware), and OS.
Of course, it is possible that the disk has some bad sectors that cause this, but then another drive+AnyDVD+UltraISO were able to read everything without problems. And I would expect that AnyDVD should be able to handle scratched sectors anyway.

If you can get the status window, you should be able to create a log.
Ensure Anydvd is running.
  1. Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
  2. Right click the red fox icon on your system tray (to the lower right).
  3. Select "Create Logfile"
  4. Wait for Anydvd to create a log file. In some circumstances this might take 5 minutes or longer.
  5. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile "Anydvd_Info_<xxxxxxx>.ziplog" (or something similar)
  6. Click "ok". A Windows Explorer will open. You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.ziplog"
  7. Click "Create new topic" on the top or bottom right of a forum section.
  8. Describe the problem
  9. Below the text box you will see 3 buttons. Click the middle one that states "Upload File".
  10. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the RedFox forums)
  11. Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .ziplog file you created.
  12. Wait for the progress indicator in the top right corner to finish. Then click "Close"
  13. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .ziplog file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

I am only getting status window SOMETIMES, not always. I am not sure what exactly I need to do to get status window populated. If I have AnyDVD running and insert the disk I don't get past "AnyDVD is scanning the disk. Please wait". If I reboot, then insert the disk, wait for it to show up in the explorer, and then start AnyDVD I get further. First I get the warning about CSS keys (see above; drive region is already set to 1). Then SOMETIMES I get the status window populated. I don't exactly know when. If I click create logfile after that the file is not created. The drive is frozen.

When the drive is frozen, I can't uninstall AnyDVD. When I go to add or remove programs and try to uninstall I get "can't delete file BDPHash.bin The file may be in use!". Does this help to understand what is wrong?

When the drive is frozen, I can't uninstall AnyDVD. When I go to add or remove programs and try to uninstall I get "can't delete file BDPHash.bin The file may be in use!". Does this help to understand what is wrong?
Hard to help without a log. Can you put a different disc in and get a log? Maybe @James can see something from it or your EMPTY_DRIVE log from post 7 that might be interfering.

No, unfortunately I can't get a log with another disk. Here is another status screen with another (completely unprotected) disk. This time it got populated. When I right click and select Create Logfile... nothing happens. The log file is not created. The disk title does not show up in explorer. I've been waiting for 15 minutes. The only log I've got so far is the EMPTY_DRIVE.

I probably could make a log on another DVD-ROM drive sometime soon where I ripped the disk, but what is the point? Everything worked there fine...

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD HD 8.2.2.6, BDPHash.bin 18-01-30)
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H73N B103
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Total size: 2228352 sectors (4352 MBytes)
Video DVD (or CD) label: LESH_DOM_MEST
Media is not CSS protected.
Media is region free.
Video Standard: PAL
Structural copy protection not found.
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I just created a logfile with the disk in the previous post. Apparently I have to go to Start and then select AnyDVD System Information. Then the file is created.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.2.4_Info.ziplog
    12 KB · Views: 3
I managed to get a logfile with "Cars". To do that I had to shut down PC, boot, uninstall AnyDVD, reboot, insert the disk into drive, wait until it shows up in explorer. Then with the disk inside the drive, installed AnyDVD and DID NOT reboot. The disk was scanned for, maybe 20-30 sec, then got the warning about CSS keys and then got status window populated. Went to Start->AnyDVD System Information. Logfile was created. AnyDVD continued to throw pop-ups about disk being scanned. After a few minutes explorer showed the disk size but not the title. The disk seems to play fine. Ejected the disk and pushed it back. The drive is frozen and AnyDVD is stuck in the scanning the disc loop. Ejected the disk again and put another disk. Same problem. Log is attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.2.6_Info.ziplog
    12.2 KB · Views: 4
I managed to get a logfile with "Cars". To do that I had to shut down PC, boot, uninstall AnyDVD, reboot, insert the disk into drive, wait until it shows up in explorer. Then with the disk inside the drive, installed AnyDVD and DID NOT reboot. The disk was scanned for, maybe 20-30 sec, then got the warning about CSS keys and then got status window populated. Went to Start->AnyDVD System Information. Logfile was created. AnyDVD continued to throw pop-ups about disk being scanned. After a few minutes explorer showed the disk size but not the title. The disk seems to play fine. Ejected the disk and pushed it back. The drive is frozen and AnyDVD is stuck in the scanning the disc loop. Ejected the disk again and put another disk. Same problem. Log is attached.
You still have not posted a logfile!!!!! You have to right click anydvd near to the date and time and select logfile.

You're right. I didn't.... I thought I did. Well, I have unencrypted DVD in the drive. The status screen is populated. I right click anydvd in the tray, select Create Logfile.... nothing happens for a while, and then I get an empty log with the driver letter "G" instead of the disk title. Is this helpful?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.2.6_Info_G_.ziplog
    0 bytes · Views: 2
By the way while I was writing the previous post the drive froze. So, I right clicked on the drive G in the explorer and got the spinning wheel. AnyDVD status screen still populated with same stuff. The only way to unfreeze the drive is hard turn off with the power button. And there is no way to get rid of AnyDVD process running even by trying to kill it in task manager.

Looks like the I/O "hangs", essentially freezing the machine. Do you have the latest and greatest driver for your controller installed (where the drive is connected)?

I am not sure... I have default Windows 10 x64 drivers. Where do I check what driver I have for the controller? For the DVD drive itself I have cdrom.sys file version 10.0.16299.15. Windows update says I have the most up-to-date driver. This driver is being replaced by your .sys version 8.2.2.6 when AnyDVD is installed. The drive is internal HL-DT-ST DVD +-RW GSA-H73N Firmware B103

Last edited:
Back