• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CyberLink PowerDVD 18 UHD-PlayBack Protection?

Those are alternative players. Just Google them. No menus though

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Let's hope that PDVD 18 isn't that stupid concerning UHDs...
Please read my Title: CyberLink PowerDVD 18.
It has been tested out with: V18.0.1415.62!

By the way Admin Cinavia Bypass (Tested: AnyDVD (HD) 8.2.2.6 beta):
PowerDVD V18.0.1415.62, Cinavia doesn't work with AnyDVD - Logo Doesn't Turn Purple, And shows message after 20 minutes or so.
PowerDVD V17.0.2508.62, Cinavia does work with AnyDVD - Logo Turns Purple, And Audio goes further.

PC Settings:
GTX 780, I7 4770K 16GB Ram.
Classic Media Player it works with MadVR to convert UHD to SDR.
So yes I'm alot missing inside my PC, even the Motherboard isn't okay anymore.
That's the reason I asked but it a shame you couldn't bypass it with AnyDVD, but I understand!

Yes, but I think the point of the question is, in the same way that Anydvd automagically tells Powerdvd that Cinavia doesn't exist, could it tell Powerdvd that the hardware it requires is there. PDVD doesn't actually NEED these hardware requirements as it plays the Mt2S file OK on it's own, at the end of the day it is just a protection mechanism.
Exactly what I ment! ;)
Upgrade my Videocard and then I was done, if AnyDVD could make it work.

What do you mean with "MPC-BE" and "MPC-HC"?
Classic Media Player.
MPC-HC: https://mpc-hc.org/
MPC-BE: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpcbe/

I agree 100%
I really miss TMT...
Me too, but I noticed that the last version has problems with Windows 10.
I can play one Movie, then I have to restart the PC and I can play a another movie with it.
So it is not supported great with Windows 10 anymore.
But be aware Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre V6.7 has also Cinavia Impletented into this Video Player aswel (Cinavia: TotalMedia Theatre 5 (upd: 172 or higher) and 6).

Last edited:
@DJHallo:

The version of PDVD 18 you mentioned is nothing but a leak, isn't it? So let's hope the first official version will do better...

It won't. It wouldn't make any sense for SGX requirements to be in v17 but not present in v18.

As to cinavia support, it'll have to wait until the first version of v18 is released.

@DJHallo:
The version of PDVD 18 you mentioned is nothing but a leak, isn't it? So let's hope the first official version will do better...
No leak is just the Live version from CyberLink PowerDVD, they Always release a few weeks/months early then the normal versions.
After that if they are happy with it they send the same version build, if not happy they send a different build.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/new-in-powerdvd-18.74600/

It won't. It wouldn't make any sense for SGX requirements to be in v17 but not present in v18.
As to cinavia support, it'll have to wait until the first version of v18 is released.
I think you're right about that.
Okay no problem, I just letting it know about the Cinavia Problem.

Last edited:
By the way Admin Cinavia Bypass (Tested: AnyDVD (HD) 8.2.2.6 beta):
PowerDVD V18.0.1415.62, Cinavia doesn't work with AnyDVD - Logo Doesn't Turn Purple, And shows message after 20 minutes or so.
No surprise. As I don't have PowerDVD 18. And I'm sure, ReClock won't work, too.
And why does Cyberlink release a new major version every year, with the same functionality as the last one? Just bigger and with additional bugs? ;)

Hey guys.

Yeah, PowerDVD 17 definitely has it's issues.

I mean I was so happy to be able use UHD iso's on the PC at first, but now I've had time to understand the realities of using PDVD 17 regularly.

Often, I have to mount an iso a couple of times before PDVD 17 plays it.

Then, it will many times change the resolution of the TV it's playing on from UHD to 1080p for no apparent reason. I have to go to the graphics app to set it back.

And God forbid I click on another app on the second monitor while PDVD plays a UHD movie on the TV. It will stop the movie, change to SDR mode, and re-start the movie again. So when I watch UHD movies, I can do nothing else on the computer.

Yeah, I find PDVD 17 behavior klugey at best.

I can only hope that at least some of the bugs for playing UHD are cleared up in PDVD 18.

T

No surprise. As I don't have PowerDVD 18. And I'm sure, ReClock won't work, too.
And why does Cyberlink release a new major version every year, with the same functionality as the last one? Just bigger and with additional bugs? ;)
Personally I think they have to fix the MKV Support for it, High Level 4.1 and other levels aren't supported greately, the Color aren't right or if you play a video only Black Screen.

There are only a few players wich can Play with Menu Support I know off.
But I was wondering why don't make a RedFox UHD Player aswel! ;)

Yeah, no, forget it. Skylake (K or X don't matter) won't do. Kaby Lake and above is not Cyberlink's requirement, it's AACS's.
The speed is not the point (if it were, an old dual core would do fine, UHD playback doesn't require much CPU, the GPU does the heavy lifting).
Yep .... I'm running amd rx470 polaris video card on 10 year old and x4 965 processor and HD atmos, trueHD, dtsx, and 4k 30fps and 4k 60Fps work smooth as butter. Hdr works perfect too. Uhd is all gpu!

Yep .... I'm running amd rx470 polaris video card on 10 year old and x4 965 processor and HD atmos, trueHD, dtsx, and 4k 30fps and 4k 60Fps work smooth as butter. Hdr works perfect too. Uhd is all gpu!
I can't upgrade my PC, I can only buy a New one, because they change the socket place.
Thank You Intel! :(

You have to have a specific mainboard out of a very short list of supported ones. Requirement is HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 - the GPU itself does not provide this by itself.

I know this post is a bit old, but I cannot find a list of supported motherboards.

Z270 chipset and higher, just pick your favorite motherboard brand & model and look under the specifications

Hi, exactly, I leave the motherboards and readers list written by triffid on Blu-ray.com:

(A) Ultra HD Blu-ray compatible motherboards with HDMI 2.0

All requirements met - HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2 & Intel SGX are here. Please note that the boards without the word "confirmed" were not tested yet. The 100 series MBs probably do not support HDR. Other motherboards with HDMI 1.4 may partially work too (without HDR). UHD BD playback via DisplayPort is untested, but Intel suggests it is possible.

ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming ITX/ac (UHD BD compatibility confirmed by flashback8)
ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming ITX/ac (UHD BD compatibility confirmed by CyberLink; download HDCP key from ASRock support page)
ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming ITX/ac (UHD BD compatibility confirmed by nilsman; Kaby Lake support since BIOS P7.10)
ASUS Z270 WS (UHD BD compatibility confirmed by yungtruth84 at forum.redfox.bz)
ASUS Z170 Premium (Kaby Lake support since BIOS 3007)
ASUS Z170 Deluxe (Kaby Lake support since BIOS 3007)
Biostar Z270GT9 (update BIOS to version Z27AF222 or later)
Biostar Z270GT8 (update BIOS to version Z27BF407 or later)
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI (UHD BD compatibility confirmed by Pioneer)
Gigabyte H370N WIFI (UHD BD compatibility confirmed by Pioneer)
Gigabyte Aorus Z270X Gaming 9 (UHD BD compatibility confirmed by Pioneer; update BIOS to version F3 or later)
Gigabyte Aorus Z270X Gaming 8 (UHD BD compatibility confirmed by me; update BIOS to version F4 or later)
Supermicro C7Z270-PG (download SGX utility from Supermicro support page)
Supermicro C7Z270-CG (UHD BD compatibility confirmed by Steiger Dynamics; download SGX utility from Supermicro support page)

(B) Motherboards that may be compatible
The manufacturers do not provide enough information about the products on their websites. Not a big chance that the Chinese boards are equipped with HDMI 2.0 though.

EVGA Z370 Classified K (HDMI 2.0 yes)
Supermicro C7Z370-CG-IW (HDMI 2.0 & SGX yes, not yet released)
ASUS Z170 WS (HDMI 2.0 & HDCP 2.2 yes, SGX unconfirmed, Kaby Lake support since BIOS 3002)
Gigabyte X170 Extreme ECC (HDMI 2.0 & HDCP 2.2 yes, probably no SGX)
Colorful iGame Z370 Vulcan X (specs missing)
Colorful Battle Axe C.Z370M-DH (specs missing)
Colorful iGame Z270 Ymir Ultra (specs missing)
ECS Z170-Claymore (HDMI 2.0 yes, HDCP status unknown)
ECS Z170IU-C43 (HDMI 2.0 yes, HDCP status unknown)
Maxsun iCraft Z370 Gaming (not yet released)
Maxsun Z270 Gaming Pro (specs missing)
Maxsun Z170MD4 Turbo (specs missing)
Soyo Zeus Z370 eSport (not yet released)
Soyo Gaming Z270 (specs missing)
Soyo Z170D4W+ (specs missing)

(C) Other Z370, Z270 and Z170 motherboards on the market have HDMI 1.4 only (incl. all MSI products). Few HDMI 2.0 boards by Gigabyte were removed from the list because of the lack of SGX support.
Intel X99, X299, AMD AM4 and all other sockets & chipsets are not compatible.

If you can confirm your board supports UHD BD playback, let me know and I will add a note.

UHD BD drives
Pioneer BDR-S11J-X (internal)
Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK (internal)
Pioneer BDR-211UBK (internal)
Pioneer BDR-211JBK (internal)
Pioneer BDR-211EBK (internal)
Pioneer BDR-XD06J-UHD (external)
Pioneer BDR-XD07J-UHD (external)
Pioneer BDR-UD04B (laptop)
Logitec LBD-PUD6U3L (external)
Logitec LBD-PVA6UCVBK (external)
Logitec LBD-PVA6U3V (external)