• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CyberLink PowerDVD 18 UHD-PlayBack Protection?

DJHallo

Problem:
I was wondering when import a UHD Disc into you're Drive and want to play it with you're Computer, you get the following Error.

Error:

Ultra HD Blu-Rays cannot currently be played on this computer.
Please make sure your graphics processor (GPU) meets the system requirements for Ultra-HD Blu-Rays, and update driver to latest version. Error 01002.

Question:
I know I can play UHD with Classic Media Player with MadVR support.
So I was wondering do you think you can make it possible with AnyDVD to bypass this aswel, just like with the Cinavia Protection.
I notice when try to play The Smurfs 3 UHD it shows the Loading Screen for a few seconds and after that it gives the Error, because CyberLink has impleted this Protection into this software.
Why i want to have it work with PowerDVD because I can have everthing working like the Movie Menu + Movie Pop-Up Menu, and this isn't possible with Classic Media Player.

Also maybe to have MadVR into it aswel for UHD to BD-SD.

Last edited:
Problem:
I was wondering when import a UHD Disc into you're Drive and want to play it with you're Computer, you get the following Error.

Error:

Ultra HD Blu-Rays cannot currently be played on this computer.
Please make sure your graphics processor (GPU) meets the system requirements for Ultra-HD Blu-Rays, and update driver to latest version. Error 01002.

Question:
I know I can play UHD with Classic Media Player with MadVR support.
So I was wondering do you think you can make it possible with AnyDVD to bypass this aswel, just like with the Cinavia Protection.
I notice when try to play The Smurfs 3 UHD it shows the Loading Screen for a few seconds and after that it gives the Error, because CyberLink has impleted this Protection into this software.
Why i want to have it work with PowerDVD because I can have everthing working like the Movie Menu + Movie Pop-Up Menu, and this isn't possible with Classic Media Player.

Also maybe to have MadVR into it aswel for UHD to BD-SD.
That's no protection. Your display is hooked up to a graphics card I presume?

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

This is not a copy protection issue but a requirement built into PowerDVD for playback of UHD discs. It has to have a secure pathway for playback which means you have to play back through an Intel GPU that supports SGX

Does this mean that I cannot watch UHDs on my PC if I have a GeForce 1070Ti graphics card? SGX can be activated in the BIOS of my mainboard, that I know...

And my CPU is an i9 7900-X!

Does this mean that I cannot watch UHDs on my PC if I have a GeForce 1070Ti graphics card? SGX can be activated in the BIOS of my mainboard, that I know...

And my CPU is an i9 7900-X!
It's specifically stated under PowerDVD uhd system requirements that the display needs to be hooked up to the iGPU. Encrypted or not doesn't matter, cyberlink enforces it hardcoded.

It's specifically stated under PowerDVD uhd system requirements that the display needs to be hooked up to the iGPU. Encrypted or not doesn't matter, cyberlink enforces it hardcoded.

Yes, but I think the point of the question is, in the same way that Anydvd automagically tells Powerdvd that Cinavia doesn't exist, could it tell Powerdvd that the hardware it requires is there. PDVD doesn't actually NEED these hardware requirements as it plays the Mt2S file OK on it's own, at the end of the day it is just a protection mechanism.

Does this mean that absolutely new hardware (e.g. my CPU/GPU) is not supported?

This would be utmost nonsense, in my opinion...

Your CPU is fine, it has an internal GPU and that's where the uhd monitor needs to be hooked up to. Not a damn thing RedFox or anyone but cyberlink can do about it.

The next generation MIGHT work if Nvidia adds SGX support. The 10xx doesn't, neither does my 1080.

The protection requirements for UHD playback are sick and disgusting, the people who put those specifications up are not the best businessmen.
This makes it all the more important, that there are tools to circumvent the protection.

I don't know the details of your board. It is NOT enough to have SGX support. It is also NOT enough to have a Kaby Lake processor or higher with the appropriate Intel GPU.
You have to have a specific mainboard out of a very short list of supported ones. Requirement is HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 - the GPU itself does not provide this by itself.

PowerDVD's UHD playback, or rather the "protected hardware support" is very buggy.
There are so many elements involved (GPU, mainboard, CPU, internet connection, drive, ...), that a single little glitch brings the whole thing tumbling down.
Usually not even with as much as a hint telling you where to look and fix it.

I know from our test rig, that one day it performed fine, the next day - no change at all - it gave out the same error you're getting (01002).
A day later it worked again.

The only way to decently watch UHD discs on a PC atm is to use AnyDVD and some software player other than PowerDVD to watch the stuff with protection removed.
The "legal" way is a dead end, it just doesn't work right.
Also, thanks to the insane restrictions, no other company bothers to produce a UHD player for PCs which leaves a monopoly with Cyberlink having no need to be better than the competition.
That's not healthy.

(don't know if it came across, but personally, I'm really pissed off with how they are treating their Ultra-HD customers - work-wise, it's a blessing).

My mainboard is an ASUS X299-Deluxe and it does not have a built-in HDMI output, therefore I have my GeForce 1070Ti! As stated above my GPU is a Skylake-X (7900X)...

Are you serious that PowerDVD does not support playback of UHDs with this combination of hardware?

My mainboard is an ASUS X299-Deluxe and it does not have a built-in HDMI output, therefore I have my GeForce 1070Ti! As stated above my GPU is a Skylake-X (7900X)...

Are you serious that PowerDVD does not support playback of UHDs with this combination of hardware?
Unfortunately, for the third time, no. It's specifically stated in the PowerDVD uhd system requirements that the display device MUST BE hooked up to the iGPU.

Unfortunately, for the third time, no. It's specifically stated in the PowerDVD uhd system requirements that the display device MUST BE hooked up to the iGPU.

These requirements are valid for PDVD 17, but are they also valid for PDVD 18?

! As stated above my GPU is a Skylake-X
Yeah, no, forget it. Skylake (K or X don't matter) won't do. Kaby Lake and above is not Cyberlink's requirement, it's AACS's.
The speed is not the point (if it were, an old dual core would do fine, UHD playback doesn't require much CPU, the GPU does the heavy lifting).

Yeah, no, forget it. Skylake (K or X don't matter) won't do. Kaby Lake and above is not Cyberlink's requirement, it's AACS's.
The speed is not the point (if it were, an old dual core would do fine, UHD playback doesn't require much CPU, the GPU does the heavy lifting).

But isn't Skylake-X newer than Kabylake?

The protection requirements for UHD playback are sick and disgusting, the people who put those specifications up are not the best businessmen.
This makes it all the more important, that there are tools to circumvent the protection.

I don't know the details of your board. It is NOT enough to have SGX support. It is also NOT enough to have a Kaby Lake processor or higher with the appropriate Intel GPU.
You have to have a specific mainboard out of a very short list of supported ones. Requirement is HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 - the GPU itself does not provide this by itself.

PowerDVD's UHD playback, or rather the "protected hardware support" is very buggy.
There are so many elements involved (GPU, mainboard, CPU, internet connection, drive, ...), that a single little glitch brings the whole thing tumbling down.
Usually not even with as much as a hint telling you where to look and fix it.

I know from our test rig, that one day it performed fine, the next day - no change at all - it gave out the same error you're getting (01002).
A day later it worked again.

The only way to decently watch UHD discs on a PC atm is to use AnyDVD and some software player other than PowerDVD to watch the stuff with protection removed.
The "legal" way is a dead end, it just doesn't work right.
Also, thanks to the insane restrictions, no other company bothers to produce a UHD player for PCs which leaves a monopoly with Cyberlink having no need to be better than the competition.
That's not healthy.

(don't know if it came across, but personally, I'm really pissed off with how they are treating their Ultra-HD customers - work-wise, it's a blessing).

I agree 100%

I found my UHD cerfified HTPC to work / not to wrk (UHD playback with PDVD 17) day by day.

What a mess this company is...

I really miss TMT...

I agree 100%

I found my UHD cerfified HTPC to work / not to wrk (UHD playback with PDVD 17) day by day.

I really miss TMT...

Does VLC 3.01 play UHDs?

I really miss TMT...

Trust me, TMT would be struggling with these particular AACS2-requirements just as much.
I believe, the Intel GPU drivers are playing their part in the resulting unreliability as well.

Back