• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

8.2.2.4 Playback problems, impossible to play BDs directly from discs

LACIE

Hello

I played my original disc on PowerDVD17ultra with AnyDVD 8.2.2.4, but get a error message.
PowerDVD17 Ultra does not start playing my disc at all.
VLC Player 3.0.1 only shows the BD thumbnail,can't play movies.

I have tested it with AnyDVD 8.2.2.2,everything works fine.
Both versions of AnyDVD shows no error message on their status windows.

Attached log files and a screenshot.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.2.2_Info_D_BD_VIDEO.ziplog
    75.7 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_8.2.2.4_Info_D_BD_VIDEO_2AC5E37F.ziplog
    75.8 KB · Views: 10
  • PowerDVD_2018-03-18_21-27-02.png
    PowerDVD_2018-03-18_21-27-02.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 30
I tested with a retail disc on my Windows 10 1709 x64 system that is fully updated. I tested with and without AnyDVD 8.2.2.4 beta running. I had no issue either way.

With the above being said, this type of issue occurred back in the December & January time period for [some] people. Myself included but that was resolved. Possibly a recent change in AnyDVD has caused it to crop up again under certain circumstances. A developer's input will be required on that. @James

I have the same message here, but my suspect is that is not an AnyDVD problem. 8.2.2.2 do the same and also if I deactivate AnyDVD at all. I wrote to Cyberlink forum, bu I think I'll wato long time...

I also have the same issue with 8.2.2.3 and 8.2.2.4, it is an AnyDVD problem but it is not limited to PowerDVD: in fact it's impossible to play BDs and UHD BDs directly from (original) disc with any application. MPC-HC for example says "cannot render the file" even when opening an M2TS file directly, and right-clicking on a file to try and open MediaInfo freezes Explorer.
Downgrading AnyDVD to 8.2.2.2 fixes the issue.

Interesting to note: playback works when mounting a .ISO ripped with AnyDVD while removing protection, even with 8.2.2.4. I haven't tried with an ISO when keeping protection yet.

I have taken log files from the same disc with 8.2.2.2 and 8.2.2.4; if they are needed please tell me.

@LACIE Could you please update the thread title to reflect that the problem is not limited to PowerDVD but is a general issue when playing directly from original disc? Thanks!

EDIT: the most obvious difference between the logs is this line that appears with 8.2.2.2 but not with 8.2.2.4:
Code:
  0.20s: Drive E: locked, result 1, took 0 seconds!
Looks like the issue is with AnyDVD.sys as it has changed in 8.2.2.3 and 8.2.2.4 I think.
My OS is 10 Pro 64-bit v1703 with latest updates (build 15063.966)

Last edited:
Using AnyDVD 8.2.2.4 with TMT into win7 32, no problems at all. All discs that I try play perfectly.

Hello

I played my original disc on PowerDVD17ultra with AnyDVD 8.2.2.4, but get a error message.
PowerDVD17 Ultra does not start playing my disc at all.
VLC Player 3.0.1 only shows the BD thumbnail,can't play movies.

I have tested it with AnyDVD 8.2.2.2,everything works fine.
Both versions of AnyDVD shows no error message on their status windows.

Attached log files and a screenshot.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Please try AnyDVD 8.2.2.5. Thank you.

8.2.2.5 fixes the issue for me, too. Thank you James.

Back