• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dtshd and truehd question.

Shang223

Hi, first of all I love reclock, amazing work.

Ok, I have a question because now I have a new receiver capable to play HD audio.

Does reclock degrade in any way the quality of the new HD audio? I mean, I'm getting the pcm audio in the receiver just fine with all the 7.1 channels, and I'm using wasapi, but I'm afraid I'm losing the untouched quality when reclock do his magic. Is that so? Or I should not worry?

Thanks!

ReClock has to 'touch' the audio to do its magic obviously, but its resampling algorithm has been measured as producing quality differences lower than what your ears can distinguish, not to mention what most audio equipment can output (in other words, in an audio chain containing ReClock and using WASAPI Exclusive output, the weakest links are the DAC and the speakers, not ReClock).
If you're really paranoid about it you can use the 'Best Sinc' setting which guarantees you'll get quality undistinguishable from the untouched original audio, at the expense of higher CPU usage (not a problem with any 'Core i*' part).

If a movie is changed from 24p to 25p (or the other way around) does that matter? I mean does the amount of resamppling needed affect audio quality?

Back