• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD status

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that sometime yesterday or last night. It was a deflection. Blaming the user. Ahem. Not impressed. Nonetheless, the big picture here is that brouhahas like this do no one any good. The goal is Fair Use and protecting our investments. Instead this is infighting. Waste of time and energy.
Agreed.
People, stop and think about how silly this whole discussion is.
One guy who steals keys for a living accusing another who steals keys of stealing keys. Really?!?

I think, this should be the last to be said about this, otherwise we're all (including Mike Chen) embarrassing ourselves here.

... The only titles that would not decrypt in my collection were Lone Survivor and San Andreas. Both gave a message to try again later.

Was surprised these particular titles didn't decrypt since they were on the leaked key list and decrypted in the previous release.

But, 2 outta 40 ain't bad! ...

Checked today and Lone Survivor is now decrypting !!!

So for me now only one UHD title in my collection not yet ready for AnyDVD prime time.

Progress!

T

I wasn't aware there were any titles like that, you're right that does prove RedFox isn't reliant on MakeMKV hashed keys.

I see your point but I think not responding actually looked worse IMO.

Me too, shame on him. I won't be supporting MakeMKV in the future.

Sorry mods - just wanted to respond before this goes back on topic :)

I use makemkv a lot and it does what it says on the tin.
So I was really disappointed and surprised to see this kind of stuff flying around.
Redfox/Elby and Makemkv are the only two products worth using imo. They both ‘do what they do’ in an efficient and reliable fashion.
So I hope this can be settled with an apology.

As I stated in no uncertain terms. Those debates have been closed. Back on topic, or posts may start getting deleted.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Way ahead of you. Already did. And it ends things indeed. You can only steal something, if you have no legal means to get access to things. The staff is right. When you publicly post decryption keys on a file with a file host EVERYONE can access them. Not just RedFox, but also fengtao from dvdfab, the folks at DeUHD, the folks at the AACS-LA, EVERY human being on the planet can access them. Even if you don't know how to use them.

They're right, he's stretching things by saying the keys were stolen. They weren't, Mike HIMSELF posted the keys on the internet for the taking by everyone.

I will agree and I'm the first to admit, I'm a bit disappointed they handled things this way, they could have handled this better and posted something on the forums before that article went live. But you can't steal something the creator posted on the net himself. That's like putting something on a GitHub repo.

That's the ONLY thing I will say about this. I'm going to continue using AnyDVD, there's no better thing than it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Last edited:
Way ahead of you. Already did. And it ends things indeed. You can only steal something, if you have no legal means to get access to things. The staff is right. When you publicly post decryption keys on a file with a file host EVERYONE can access them. Not just RedFox, but also fengtao from dvdfab, the folks at DeUHD, the folks at the AACS-LA, EVERY human being on the planet can access them. Even if you don't know how to use them.

They're right, he's stretching things by saying the keys were stolen. They weren't, Mike HIMSELF posted the keys on the internet for the taking by everyone.

I will agree and I'm the first to admit, I'm a bit disappointed they handled things this way, they could have handled this better and posted something on the forums before that article went live. But you can't steal something the creator posted on the net himself. That's like putting something on a GitHub repo.

That's the ONLY thing I will say about this. I'm going to continue using AnyDVD, there's no better thing than it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk
There is nothing more to say I agree with you 100% no different than using the leaked keys that first came out.:)

All is based on the keys published on doom9.org. Maybe besides DeUHD. So no stealing but based on these skunk works there. Which helped all software programs out there and especially the whole user community. Blaming someone for stealing is just ridiculous.

Honestly I have to say I've lost some respect for RedFox through this (if the myce article is correct), especially the nonchalant comments from developers here and the "spokesperson"
Whether it's stealing or not doesn't matter to me, RedFox admittedly passed off MakeMKV public hashed keys as some (or most?) of AnyDVD's beta UHD support.
Why not be upfront about it or allow users to load the hashed keys externally like the leaked VUK's?
Why use public hashed keys at all if you have a better independent method anyway?
Personally I would of preferred to have limited built in AnyDVD UHD support until the final solution, anything third party sourced should have been loaded externally or not at all.

I'm still an AnyDVD supporter of course but the whole thing is strange and disappointing. Glad it's over with now at least.

The latest list of supported discs can be downloaded here:

That's not a simple list with movie names. Those are hashed keys. Please do not post key files on these formus

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

That's not a simple list with movie names. Those are hashed keys. Please do not post key files on these formus
Oh, as far as I can tell, that is not mentioned anywhere in the forum rules, I didn't know that it wasn't allowed :unsure:

"It's not so much against the rules, 'the powers that be (aka aacs-la etc)' read these forums too, we don't want to attract more attention than needed" - written by Ch3vr0n

Where may I find the list of supported UHD discs?
Here is the list of AnyDVD supported UHD discs (y)
<Link removed, again - Ch3vr0n>

"Users who use makemkv for uhd, know where to get the keys too." - written by Ch3vr0n

Last edited:
Ch3vr0n editing my post said:
Users who use makemkv for uhd, know where to get the keys too.
It's a bit confusing if you edit my post, because you didn't attribute everything you wrote to yourself, so it's confusing what I wrote and what you wrote. :unsure:

I didn't post any keys?! :(

Did you even look at the link before you deleted it? :sleep: (The second one, not the first one)

It's a list to help people who use AnyDVD, to know what discs are supported, if they check the volume label of their disc when they insert the disc in their computer (y)

No problem with my copy I just tried it and it opened it but there are several different ones too mine is supported and it looks like you copy may not be yet.

Thanks for the info, it's not clear from the log that this copy is not yet supported there's an error near the end of the log............."server_error: 409"

Funny!! All the accusations and hatred! i have licenses for AnyDVD, DVDFab -not installed-, and MakeMKV...To be honest with you, if the keys are available why not use them! Externally, internally, I don't care, all I care about is a working software...

The last 3 pages of this thread have no business in the AnyDVDHD forum, I actually am hesitant to put these posts anyplace on our board. They should be deleted but then I will get accused of trying to hide something. So just please stop.

Is there any chance that AnyDVD with UHD can work without Internet connection in the future? I turned my old computer into a ripping only machine with all my different Blu-ray and UHD drives, but it has no internet.

Is there any chance that AnyDVD with UHD can work without Internet connection in the future? I turned my old computer into a ripping only machine with all my different Blu-ray and UHD drives, but it has no internet.
No it will not work, it has to connect to the ODB via internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back