• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Which is quicker? Copying from ISO or BD Disc?

MK-Slinky

Forgive me if this question has been asked before but having just built a new computer I'm curious to know which is the quickest method for creating a backup copy of a BD disc to a BD-25 blank disc?

Would it be quicker If I rip the original to an ISO and then burn a partial copy of my chosen title?

OR

Copy my chosen title direct from the disc to a BD 25? (Partial Copy)

I don't want a clone copy, just the main title.

While I don't follow your use case exactly I am close to it. I find it faster to read from the disc directly vs making the ISO and then creating a disc. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the feedback, all comments are useful :) I've always done direct from disc rips previously which was painfully slow but hopefully my newly built computer will help.

For what it's worth I have a Ryzen 5 (Six Core Processor - 16 Gbs RAM) Windows 10 64 Bit

As yet I haven't tried copying on this new system but hopefully I will see some speed improvements.

As an update to the above I can confirm that speed is no longer an issue and what previously took around 5:30 hours to complete now takes less than 2 hours. I've only tested it with one movie but it now seems I have another issue whereby CloneBD is not working correctly in W10 64 Bit. I've created a new post to discuss that issue.

As an update to the above I can confirm that speed is no longer an issue and what previously took around 5:30 hours to complete now takes less than 2 hours. I've only tested it with one movie but it now seems I have another issue whereby CloneBD is not working correctly in W10 64 Bit. I've created a new post to discuss that issue.
I'm using an AMD FX-8350 Eight Core CPU at 4.2GHz (overclocked 200Mhz per core) 32GB Corsair DDR3 1,866MHz RAM, and an MSI GeForce GTX 980TI 6GB video card. You want a really good video card that is new. You can enable CloneBD Hardware acceleration with it with the video cards most recent drivers. And when I first transcode a bluray rip using AnyDVD and CloneBD is just starting to transcoding it. it says one hour & 15 minutes but 30 seconds later my NVidia CUDA cores kick in to hardware accelerate the transcoding process, and it only takes 25 minutes to 30 minutes on a Solid State Hybrid Drive for the movie rips storage to fully transcode the bluray to fit on a 25GB Verbatim BD-R. Also I burn my blurays with CloneBD at 16x which only takes a half hour to burn. So you should really consider if you don't already have one a really good video card. That's what helped me a lot.

Thanks for the feedback, I haven't tried overclocking my Ryzen 5 CPU yet, it's a bit too new to go messing around with it, maybe something for the future perhaps and once I've learnt how. Actually a new graphics card is on the agenda but it will have to take a back seat for the moment due to financial constraints. Interesting you mention burning at 16 x speed though, if CloneBD works the same as CloneDVD surely it's better to burn at a lower speed to get a better copy? I might be proven wrong but from my understanding the slower the burn speed the deeper the burn. Maybe I just imagined reading that way back when but I've always burned DVD's at 1 x for that very reason, not that DVD speeds are an issue, usually 15-20 minutes from start to finish. I did try ripping 'Hacksaw Ridge' to disc last night as an MP4 and that took about 27 minutes.

Quick question....

When buying a new graphics card what should I look out for exactly regarding spec if I want to take advantage of CloneBD's hardware acceleration?? Is there some specific feature I need to look for??

Nope, any recent one will work. Obviously the more recent the better. And the higher the number too. Eg: GTX 10xx > GTX 9xx, and GTX 1080>1070>1060>1050

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Back