• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Autoplay - CloneDVD no longer a configurable option in Windows 10 64 Bit

MK-Slinky

Since making the move to Windows 10 64 Bit I've noticed Windows no longer gives the user the option to run a specific program when inserting a blank disc.

Previously when using W10 32 bit I always set the autoplay option to open 'CloneDVD'

Is this the same on all W10 64 bit systems or did my clean install go wrong?

Same thing applies with all disc types

Screenshot (8).png

Screenshot (6).png

Is nobody using Windows 10 64 Bit that can verify this please? Screenshot would be helpful? (y)

I didn't see your initial post. I've now seen the thread. I have AutoPlay 100% disabled, period, and have since like XP or Vista. It's one of the first things I do so I can't comment. IMO AutoPlay has always been a really poor thing.

AutoPlay/AutoRun/whatever has long since been a bane to users, IMHO, and the vector for bad things to make their way onto your system. Security software took note of it, as well.

Here's a discussion in the Microsoft Community: Q: Windows 10 Autoplay not working

A number of suggestions which may or may not help. The final post caught my eye and goes back to what I commented on about security software:

This is a reply if one does not have the Windows setting right. I have the auotplay setting all configured and auotplay does not work. Why is there no answers for

THIS? This is a windows problem as it worked fie in windows 7. I put in a CD or a DVD and it would play in the assigned software like winamp or VLC. Windows 10 does nothing. I hate it! I guess the only thing to do is go back to windows 7.

THIS is NOT usually an MS problem. It is caused by your security program(s) disabling AUTORUNS so that malware cannot install itself from infected sources. This has been stated in this forum if you could be bothered to read further, instead of wrongly accusing Microsoft!

i havent run a 32 bit system since XP. Even my Windows Vista successor was 64 bit, so i cannot attest to it being present or not on 32bit. I also have autoplay disabled entirely, because of certain discs installing a rootkit way back when after the disc was simply inserted and read. The only thing i CAN attest to is that on my Win 10 Pro build 1709 (16299.192), i do NOT have an entry for CloneDVD2 for either of the 4 items under "DVD's".

That said, there's little RedFox could do about it. It would be up to Elaborate Bytes, to update CloneDVD2 i think so there's an entry for it there

Thanks guys, I probably should have considered the security implications before now but as per my other open posts I'm desperate to resolve why discs are not being recognised by my burner when AnyDVD is enabled. I've spent the last week reading hundreds on online posts about the same issue under Windows 10 and had hoped taming the autoplay handlers might bring about some success in resolving those other issues. I did look into the autoplay handlers in the registry this afternoon and as suspected CloneDVD/CloneBD have no entries. Adding an entry doesn't seem that complicated, Microsoft do provide instructions to do so but I'm not that brave to consider trying it myself.

To follow up on Ch3vrons post I accept it's not RedFox's responsibility to add these changes to their software, I see little point in adding an entry for AnyDVD but if Elby added an entry for both CloneDVD/CloneBD it might be useful to some folk including myself.

Last edited:
Back