• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which ones would be the 3 best "friends" to choose ?? The 3 ones you have are OK ???

LePousson
There is no best. Best it's subjective. What may be the best to me can be horrible for you. And no my 3 drives aren't 'ok' only the NS55 one is friendly. The NS40 one was released when uhd didn't even exist yet and the third one is CD/DVD only

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

so which drive would you suggest me to get ?? I have to say that I would only use this drive to "rip" a disc into an ISO or a BDMV file structure. I have a standalone player to play the movies (Oppo UDP203).

Thanks for the reply !!

LePousson

Your are good to go with a LG WH16NS40 SVC NS50 1.02 or an ASUS BW-16D1HT. If you like external Drive than LG BE16NU50 is yours

My BH16NS55 works too and LG has never let me down, ever

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Mike at MakeMKV.
AnyDVD has no keys of their own - they just steal hashed keys and import into their database.
Ouch! I thought you guys are at least friends who support each other that users can make backups.

I hope that isn't true (I doubt it is) though Mike usually doesn't seem the type to start rumors like that - I've seen a couple of people say that their discs got supported by AnyDVD minutes after Mike releases the hashed keys list containing those discs, maybe thats what has fueled it.

I'd like to hear someone from RedFox respond to this and clear this up.

I don't believe it for a second. The reputation of RedFox wood be severely damaged if not ruined. I'm also waiting on valid proof of such an accusation to back up that claim.

What about films that work with AnyDVD and do not with MakeNKV? Did they think about that?

Last edited:
Your are good to go with a LG WH16NS40 SVC NS50 1.02 or an ASUS BW-16D1HT. If you like external Drive than LG BE16NU50 is yours

My BH16NS55 works too and LG has never let me down, ever

I will try the Asus BW-16D1HT first (delivered Monday from Amazon) and if not working because of the FW version, I’ll then try the LG BH16NS55. I hope that one of those will work cause the WH16NS40 is too expansive at now ...

Thanks a lot for your advices ...

LePousson

You can crossflash it to ASUS 3.00, 3.01 or 3.02 firmware for increasing ripping speed using the patched Windows executable of LG Flasher.

But if you're not in a hurry, leave things as they are. ;)

BH16NS55 so you can crossflash to ASUS, what model is supported there highest model or older model ? and is 3.00 3.01 or 3.02 all uhd working ?
any other drives also that the BH16NS55 is compatible to be crossflashed to ? and what firmwares are compatible with UHD what about BH16NS68 ?
or WH series drives ?

cheers.

BH16NS55 so you can crossflash to ASUS, what model is supported there highest model or older model ? and is 3.00 3.01 or 3.02 all uhd working ?
any other drives also that the BH16NS55 is compatible to be crossflashed to ? and what firmwares are compatible with UHD what about BH16NS68 ?
or WH series drives ?

cheers.
That question is beyond the scope of this topic. Please use the correct forum section CD/DVD/BD Drives. There's a specific sticky for uhd drives and firmware

https://forum.redfox.bz/index.php?threads/74495/

I hope that isn't true (I doubt it is) though Mike usually doesn't seem the type to start rumors like that - I've seen a couple of people say that their discs got supported by AnyDVD minutes after Mike releases the hashed keys list containing those discs, maybe thats what has fueled it.

I'd like to hear someone from RedFox respond to this and clear this up.
@ddjmagic Mike actually did say that and I am extremely disappointed , he knows better , I guess he is just jealous that we have a way of our own now. Some people just cant handle the fact that we are the best.

Last edited:
I can tell you for sure it's not true because MakeMKV supports a title I have that AnyDVD doesn't. So the idea that AnyDVD is just stealing hashed keys is complete BS else it'd already support the title I have that's not working.

I can tell you for sure it's not true because MakeMKV supports a title I have that AnyDVD doesn't. So the idea that AnyDVD is just stealing hashed keys is complete BS else it'd already support the title I have that's not working.
Thanks SamuriHL.

I know there have been and always will be competition and [some] insults might be thrown around at times but I actually was surprised about this accusation. Given RedFox's existing methodology and system why is it so hard to imagine them accomplishing things independently? It's actually a laughable claim, IMHO. Even more surprising was that it came from the MakeMKV side of things. I expect the idiotic statements to be lobbed from another direction. Ahem. I saw the gossip about this mentioned elsewhere but I never saw Mike Chen as the actual originator. If so then I am actually extremely disappointed in him. I've been a supporter of MakeMKV for a long time. Unfortunate.

Oh, I saw it as you now have, as well. I ignored it because I knew it to be complete BS. But yes, it's surprising for sure.

So that's the source. I had looked in the MakeMKV forums the other day but couldn't find where Mike Chen may have said it and I am not a regular forum reader so it left a lot to sift through. Yep, that's him. That's him saying it. Definitely disappointing. :(

Yup. Like I said, I saw it when it was posted and was taken aback but just ignored it cause it's unfounded.

Here is my first UHD, which does not work yet - logfile attached in case you need it, if not, just disregard it!

Summary for drive K: (AnyDVD HD 8.2.2.2, BDPHash.bin 18-01-30)
ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.
Total size: 31489952 sectors (61503 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: SAN_ANDREAS
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 57
UHD Blu-ray disc.
Ihre Anfrage kann im Moment nicht bearbeitet werden. Bitte versuchen Sie es später nochmal!
FEHLER bei der Bearbeitung der Blu-ray Disc!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.2.2_Info_K_SAN_ANDREAS.ziplog
    3.4 MB · Views: 2
Logfiles at this time are not required, and this thread isn't for troubleshooting.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back