• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD status

Status
Not open for further replies.
For personal/private use you don't need a permission. EVER.

...and what's the function of that tax ? Ever thought about that ? :rolleyes:
But let's stop this: you're practising selective reading at it's best.
That's not the point. You like trying to prove me wrong but you're not going to succeed again. I suggest you read post 386. That's what triggered the whole illegal issue. The issue never was if you can legally make a backup or not for home use. To make a home use backup you need to OWN THE ORIGINAL. THAT is the issue, if you don't own the original, you're not entitled to make a backup. Period. Post 386 was about ripping a RENTAL DISC without owning the original (if you own the original, that's fine), and that's illegal and piracy. End of story.

Case dismissed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Just a small heads up...

We are currently preparing AnyDVD HD and the OPD for full UHD support.
It is already working in a test environment, but some work still has to be done.

At this time the prerequisites are:
1.) An UHD "friendly" drive. Official UHD drives will not work.
2.) An AnyDVD HD license (trial license is ok)
3.) An active internet connection during disc scan.

These may change in the future.

The import of UHDkeys.txt will be removed from AnyDVD, because it is obsolete.
Thanks a lot from Germany

Status Update:

Got my copy of Planet Earth II UHD. Hooked up my UHD friendly ASUS BW-16D1HT (3.00 FW). Fired up Windows XP (SP2!) from an old 2GB Compact Flash card. Installed AnyDVD 8.2.2.0. Requested trial version. Loaded Disc #1 of Planet Earth II UHD. AnyDVD scanned the disc, and indicated success. Ripped the disc to unprotected image (52.5 GiB). Took the image over to my laptop (Ivy Bridge CPU and graphics) running Gentoo Linux. Fired up my Windows XP VM in VirtualBox (where I do all my Blu Ray work). Unprotected image mounted in Virtual Clone Drive with no trouble. Fired up Kodi in the host OS, and pointed it at the STREAM folder from the mounted image. Loaded up one of the ~17GiB .m2ts files, and....

PRESTO! Snowy mountains and clouds! The disc has been decrypted! It is pegging all 8 of my CPU cores trying to play the video, and stuttering pretty badly, but that was completely expected. I would have been shocked if my Ivy Bridge CPU could playback 3840x2160 HEVC video smoothly. Next I'll try playing it on my systems that have Nvidia GT 1030 cards. They should be able to handle this video.

So, AnyDVD UHD Status: Working!
My status: Very Happy!

Status Update:
Got my copy of Planet Earth II UHD. Hooked up my UHD friendly ASUS BW-16D1HT (3.00 FW).
My status: Very Happy!
I was wondering were you also able to play the protected disc with this player aswel?

I wasn't really set up to try playback directly from the drive (I pretty much never do that anyway). Were you wondering about the speed of the drive while it was ripping, if it was fast enough for playback?

I wasn't really set up to try playback directly from the drive (I pretty much never do that anyway). Were you wondering about the speed of the drive while it was ripping, if it was fast enough for playback?
I was wondering about PlayBack, but also like to know about how long does it take to rip a disc aswel.
Also can you please send you PC Specification aswel.

Guys, the Dark Tower issue I mentioned earlier was fixed in beta 8.2.2.1.

Was apparently related to Dolby Vision.

For UHD, seems all systems are a GO (lol),

@Ch3vr0n @Pete have a couple of questions about UHD ripping.

I prefer creating protected iso's as backups so I have been ripping my UHDs to those. But I'm concerned that AnyDVD's ability to decrypt UHDs may be hampered somehow in the future, so I'm also creating unprotected iso's for the same titles.

Making 2 copies of each of these UHD's, which can go up to 100G, is causing me to burn through a lot of Terabytes :)

I think I'm going to just keep one copy of these discs, but I'm wondering protected or unprotected, so...

1) How likely is it that AnyDVD UHD decryption can be somehow stopped by those powers-that-be in the future and if it is, will already ripped protected iso's stop decrypting?

2) Even more drastic scenario, should, God forbid, something happen to Redfox, will decryption of already-ripped protected UHD iso's stop (I notice one of the requirements is Internet connection, I assume to the Redfox servers).

3) If I decide to keep protected iso's on my Hard Drive, and burn a decrypted copy to a BD-R XL, do I have to worry about Cinavia on that disc? (a lot of the UHD titles I have are Sony).

Thanks,

T

8 cores?!

Intel Core i7 Ivy Bridge: 4 cores / 8 threads. So 8 logical cores.

Also, that was while trying to playback the 3840x2160p HEVC 10-bit video file (software decoding), not ripping the disc.

Last edited:
I was wondering about PlayBack, but also like to know about how long does it take to rip a disc aswel.
Also can you please send you PC Specification aswel.

Unfortunately I don't have a really good answer for that, since I was ripping to a rather slow NAS. I think it took 2-3 hours, fluctuating between 7 and 10 MB/sec (Megabytes, not megabits). I'll have to do another experiment on a better system to really check the speed (the drive is wrapped up in its box again right now).

The PC Specs are pretty old as well. The system I used to rip the disc is a Core2 Duo @ ~3GHz with 8GB of RAM running 32-bit Windows XP SP2. Nothing exciting about it, it was just one that was the easiest to hook the drive up to in order to test decryptability. Once I had the unprotected image, I moved it to another system to experiment with playing back the content. This is proving to be somewhat problematic for various reasons, but that's neither the fault of the drive nor AnyDVD (and thus probably should not be discussed in this thread).

Just a small heads up...

We are currently preparing AnyDVD HD and the OPD for full UHD support.
It is already working in a test environment, but some work still has to be done.

At this time the prerequisites are:
1.) An UHD "friendly" drive. Official UHD drives will not work.
2.) An AnyDVD HD license (trial license is ok)
3.) An active internet connection during disc scan.

These may change in the future.

The import of UHDkeys.txt will be removed from AnyDVD, because it is obsolete.
Quick question @James . Why is it that UHD "friendly" drives are all that can be used and official UHD drives won't work? Also, how can I tell if my drive is UHD friendly? Once support for UHD is added to a stable release, I would like to play around with using them, but I really don't want to buy new hardware and I don't know if my drive is UHD friendly.

Simple. Uhd friendly ones can SEE the contents on a disc but not properly authenticate the aacs 2.0 on them. Such drives don't work with PowerDVD 17. Due to a loophole they can decrypt under certain conditions because those drives ignore the added drm uhd discs request. That's why official uhd drives don't work, those DO understand the added drm and because of bus encryption AnyDVD won't work with those until aacs 2.0 has been cracked.

As to how to find out if your drive is a friendly one or which ones are, that's why they invented Google.

Okay, that makes sense. I looked up my drive and found a forum post where someone used MakeMKV to test if the drives could read a UHD disk (here is the post for anyone who wants to check their drive). Mine was among them, and it read it just fine, so it looks like I'm good to go once the AnyDVD release comes out! Thanks AnyDVD team!

That release is already out. Was 8218 beta we're up to 8220

Hi, Thanks for getting UHD working. I have been able to back up all of my UHD disks except for Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates. Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated. I was on 8.2.2.0 and tried 8.2.2.2 and still no luck. Logs attached. Thanks!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.2.2_Info_L_MIKE_AND_DAVE.ziplog
    3.3 MB · Views: 8
Uhd is experimental at this point. Logfiles are NOT required at this time.

Understood and apologies for my lack of knowledge. I was simply trying to be as efficient as possible since I have seen requests for logs on this thread previously. Any assistance that can be provided will be appreciated but I am thrilled with what is available so far. Thank you so much for your efforts!

With all due respect, wouldn't it make sense to provide the log files so the development team has something to look at when trying to fix issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back