• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

(Solved) 4k Blu-Ray Status Window

al7amimi

Code:
Summary for drive Q: (AnyDVD HD 8.2.1.9, BDPHash.bin 18-01-30)
HL-DT-ST BD-RE BU40N 1.00
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.
Total size: 35660064 sectors (69648 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: Movie_Name_Was_Changed
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

Does this mean this particular disc decryption is still in progress and not yet out, or the problem is in my drive?

Thnx

The BU40N isn't a friendly drive, thats a fully certified drive. AnyDVD doesn't work with certified UHD drives yet due to the AACS 2 supported by those drives and the bus encryption required. You need a friendly model like the more probably friendly BU30N

But it works with DeUHD?

Can you recommend specific models...?

That's because DeUHD uses vendor unique commands to fake authentication. You can't compare that thing to AnyDVD. Both programs work differently and you're comparing apples with oranges. Drive recommendation, i said one. Your current model's previous version (if you want to stick with LG) the BU30N. For a relative concise list see here: https://www.myce.com/news/the-ultim...list-with-recommendation-of-best-drive-83254/ or on google :)

Okay, I just ordered this 16D1HU Pro , am I good?

Thnx

"Asus BD-RW BW-16D1H-U Pro externer Blu-Ray Brenner"

I don't see that one listed under the friendly models do you? You ask me for friendly models and i point you even to a list, then you order one that isn't on the list, you do the math... ;)

It is listed, at the bottom..."ASUS BW-16D1H-U A201 – Lowest price – $146.17"

Ah that explains why a search on that page for 16D1HU doesn't work. The U is seperated. Then yes it SHOULD work, IF the device comes with the desired firmware of A201. If it doesn't return it, or post on the MYCE forums in case it comes with a more recent fw revision. Maybe it will still be friendly. The firmware on that article "A201" is confirmed working as friendly, that's all i know.

Okay, Thnx...I'll check the FW the moment I have it, I do hope that a simple FW downgrade is possible in case of troubles...

Thnx

Ah that explains why a search on that page for 16D1HU doesn't work. The U is seperated. Then yes it SHOULD work, IF the device comes with the desired firmware of A201. If it doesn't return it, or post on the MYCE forums in case it comes with a more recent fw revision. Maybe it will still be friendly. The firmware on that article "A201" is confirmed working as friendly, that's all i know.

It was delivered this morning, it is A201 :), and now I am ripping my only 4k disc @ 4.5X for 73 GB, this might take an hour or so...

Thnx

Just a quick update,

I used ImgBurn to make an ISO, but failed @ 50%.
Then I used AnyDVD's built in video ripping utility, also failed @ 25-30% this time,
I wiped the disc with soft tissue, then used MakeMKV to make a remux, and it was a success @ high speed...
Then tried again with ImgBurn and was also able to make the ISO @ high speeds...

Very happy with my new purchase :)

I'd like to inform you that BU40N can be flashed and converted as a friendly drive. ;)

Brilliant, it is great to know that. However aftet using my new ASUS drive for 1 day, and ripping a regular BluRay and UHD BluRay, I don’t regret my new purchase The ripping speed just amazing....

Like an UHD friendly drive, meaning that AnyDVD HD will allow to create a proper unprotected ISO image (or even a protected one).

Anyway I'm looking for someone who can dump a BU40N firmware for further testing.

@Andreas Daum

Have you got such drive ?

It was delivered this morning, it is A201 :), and now I am ripping my only 4k disc @ 4.5X for 73 GB, this might take an hour or so...

Thnx
I have this drive. And I can't seem to read uhd discs. How were you able to determine your firmware version?

Back