• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD status

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jamie
Just wanna confirm this: i'm running two devices, one with 3.01, the other with 3.02.
Both ripping UHDs fine. 3.03 patches the hole.
Okay, I took the plunge with the 3.02 firmware from the previous links. The date on the unzipped executable is 12/20/2017 and it is indeed 3.02. It is currently ripping a UHD disk through anyDVD. I will report back whether the 3.02 firmware rips any faster than my previous 3.00 firmware on that drive.

Final edit: The 3.02 firmware ripped my uhd disk in 45 minutes. The 3.00 firmware ripped in 46 minutes. Make sure you close anyDVD before you run the 3.02 firmware executable as reported in earlier posts. I am using a usb 3 drive enclosure by the way, so your mileage may vary depending on whether you install the drive internally instead.

Last edited:
Okay, I took the plunge with the 3.02 firmware from the previous links. The date on the unzipped executable is 12/20/2017 and it is indeed 3.02. It is currently ripping a UHD disk through anyDVD. I will report back whether the 3.02 firmware rips any faster than my previous 3.00 firmware on that drive.

Final edit: The 3.02 firmware ripped my uhd disk in 45 minutes. The 3.00 firmware ripped in 46 minutes. Make sure you close anyDVD before you run the 3.02 firmware executable as reported in earlier posts. I am using a usb 3 drive enclosure by the way, so your mileage may vary depending on whether you install the drive internally instead.
Regarding the date of the 3.02 Firmware Update, all updates that tech/computer companies release are older than the official post date. The date on the file, was the date it was created (finished being compiled). It then goes through Quality and Stability Testing for a number of days, weeks, etc. If you go to Asus' Website, the 3.02 Firmware Update was only posted as of January 15, 2018.

I am glad that you made the decision to update your drive; however, it feels a little insulting the way you seem to question my, and others', posts explaining that 3.02 was safe and 3.03 was to be avoided. I, and others, were pretty thorough in explaining that 3.02 was safe and how we knew it to be safe. I went out of my way to ensure you would download the identical Updater that I used and knew to be correct. Yet, you seem to be surprised that the file I said was 3.02 - was indeed 3.02. Not sure how I am supposed to feel about that. I am not looking for a thank you; but, it sure doesn't feel good to feel like I am being looked at as a liar or trying to sabotage your, or anyone else's, drive.

Just to add another side note regarding the Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware 3.02 Update process: It works best with AnyDVD HD "Closed" and via a direct SATA or eSATA connection. I have a cable that is an internal SATA connector on one end and an eSATA connector on the other, with an external Power Supply that came with an old USB 2.0 to IDE/SATA adapter. I have a SATA to USB 3.0 adapter that works fine, except it blocked the Firmware Updater from being able to communicate with either drive.

Regarding the date of the 3.02 Firmware Update, all updates that tech/computer companies release are older than the official post date. The date on the file, was the date it was created (finished being compiled). It then goes through Quality and Stability Testing for a number of days, weeks, etc. If you go to Asus' Website, the 3.02 Firmware Update was only posted as of January 15, 2018.

I am glad that you made the decision to update your drive; however, it feels a little insulting the way you seem to question my, and others', posts explaining that 3.02 was safe and 3.03 was to be avoided. I, and others, were pretty thorough in explaining that 3.02 was safe and how we knew it to be safe. I went out of my way to ensure you would download the identical Updater that I used and knew to be correct. Yet, you seem to be surprised that the file I said was 3.02 - was indeed 3.02. Not sure how I am supposed to feel about that. I am not looking for a thank you; but, it sure doesn't feel good to feel like I am being looked at as a liar or trying to sabotage your, or anyone else's, drive.

Just to add another side note regarding the Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware 3.02 Update process: It works best with AnyDVD HD "Closed" and via a direct SATA or eSATA connection. I have a cable that is an internal SATA connector on one end and an eSATA connector on the other, with an external Power Supply that came with an old USB 2.0 to IDE/SATA adapter. I have a SATA to USB 3.0 adapter that works fine, except it blocked the Firmware Updater from being able to communicate with either drive.
I'm sorry you seem to be insulted because I wanted to be really sure that 3.02 was safe. I didn't mean anything by it, but you should also understand that I wanted to be extra safe before I used the firmware. I have been burned in the past by updates like the meltdown patch that really screwed up my machine. It was initially reported on the web that the meltdown patch was a necessary update then a week later after it did it's damage MS said don't patch it. Fortunately I back up my machine weekly and I was able to back out of it. Yes, maybe after I installed the 3.02 firmware, I could back it out if it caused problems. I just didn't want to go through that process, if it bricked my drive or stopped the UHD disks from ripping. I again am sorry that your feelings were hurt, but I have learned not to believe everything you see on the web. After all, I don't know you personally so I didn't have much to go on to trust you.

I would like to suggest moving the discussion about drives into a more appropriate thread - ideally into the "Hardware Talk" area, because this is not really about "AnyDVD UHD status".
It's an incredible amount of text and for those who expect to find information regarding the thread title, it's painful to read through hundreds of pages and reaching a disappointing realization, that this is all just about drive firmware versions.

I would like to suggest moving the discussion about drives into a more appropriate thread - ideally into the "Hardware Talk" area, because this is not really about "AnyDVD UHD status".
It's an incredible amount of text and for those who expect to find information regarding the thread title, it's painful to read through hundreds of pages and reaching a disappointing realization, that this is all just about drive firmware versions.
I would love to see this therad rid of off topic talk this is nuts trying to find relevent info here that is even close to what the topic started out as.

I would love to see this therad rid of off topic talk this is nuts trying to find relevent info here that is even close to what the topic started out as.

Thing is there are already about half a dozen threads dedicated to or that have discussed that topic, as well, on various forums including here (see: here for example). So there's no shortage of places to find the info.

If I understand this thread correctly -

1) Batman: Gotham by Gaslight 4K delivered yesterday (released today actually I think.)
2) AnyDVD HD reports error processing/ Cannot process request at this moment, please try again later! ERROR processing Blu-ray disc! (I am fine with older discs.)
3) Whatever data RedFox needs was uploaded to their server automatically and they will soon plug in a decryption code that AnyDVD HD will then be able to read without a version update past 8.2.1.9 necessarily.

If I understand this thread correctly -

1) Batman: Gotham by Gaslight 4K delivered yesterday (released today actually I think.)
2) AnyDVD HD reports error processing/ Cannot process request at this moment, please try again later! ERROR processing Blu-ray disc! (I am fine with older discs.)
3) Whatever data RedFox needs was uploaded to their server automatically and they will soon plug in a decryption code that AnyDVD HD will then be able to read without a version update past 8.2.1.9 necessarily.

1) what about it if it's released?
2) there's no evidence that message only happens on new titles
3) wrong. No data is sent automatically at all. There also won't be any big decryption code to AnyDVD. The bulk will be handled by the OPD the same way it is for normal bd's.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Seemed to have an issue with ripping The Great Wall. Yesterday I ripped the disc with AnyDVD and Ripbot264 would not find/demux the TrueHD audio. Ripped the same disc in the same LG drive with MakeMKV and Ripbot264 demuxed the audio fine. Today I ripped the first two discs of Westworld and Ripbot264 could not see any of the episodes. Ripping with MakeMKV right now and I'll report back.

James, is there any kind of information I can send/gather regarding The Great Wall?

Update: I can see the episodes with Ripbot264 when using MakeMKV.

Has someone compiled a list of titles that are already working with AnyDVD? Or is it better to just wait for the official UHD-ready release?
I don't know which disk to buy to verify my drive when it arrives. I'm interested in: Planet Earth II, Dunkirk, Baby Driver, The Great Wall.

The OPD has and that's the only place there will be one. We're not going to start a 'movie list' like there was a cinavia one for a short time. More trouble than it's worth

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

As I said previously, patience is needed. Let them work and fix any issues that arise. We got an initial release of AnyDVD that supports some UHD's. It was very clear that it's a work in progress and more work remains. Until they've had time to work out the issues, just sit tight and be patient.

Seemed to have an issue with ripping The Great Wall. Yesterday I ripped the disc with AnyDVD and Ripbot264 would not find/demux the TrueHD audio. Ripped the same disc in the same LG drive with MakeMKV and Ripbot264 demuxed the audio fine. Today I ripped the first two discs of Westworld and Ripbot264 could not see any of the episodes. Ripping with MakeMKV right now and I'll report back.

James, is there any kind of information I can send/gather regarding The Great Wall?

Update: I can see the episodes with Ripbot264 when using MakeMKV.
Please try CloneBD on the original disc.

Thanks, RGS! As I said, not currently involved in UHD yet, but I feared if I waited too long, no drives would be available when I was ready. Think this will sit in the box (after I verify firmware) until it is needed.
Darnit! My LG BE16nu50 has just been delivered and it was manufactured in November and has a ROM ver of 1.02 so, that means this is NOT UHD friendly doesn’t it :( Suppose I will have to return it ‘cause I already have a blu ray player. Do not suppose the BE14 LG is UHD friendly is it?

Do not know how to know this before purchasing them.....

Well - you could flash it. Check out the CD/DVD/BD section of this forum. If you are skilled to work with DOS.

Darnit! My LG BE16nu50 has just been delivered and it was manufactured in November and has a ROM ver of 1.02 so, that means this is NOT UHD friendly doesn’t it :( Suppose I will have to return it ‘cause I already have a blu ray player. Do not suppose the BE14 LG is UHD friendly is it?

Do not know how to know this before purchasing them.....
Im not sure on this exact drive, but in the NS50/55 1.02 works fine and its 1.03 thats the issue. Just plug in and try it.

Last post of off topic.

If Microsoft wanted they could push firmware update on all bdxl drives! I will be looking into this asap
You can always DISABLE the Windows Update Service. That's a more permanent fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back