• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD Drives and Firmware Questions

ok bit of an update - @TeddyRaspin sent me a modified 1.02 firmware i think based on my original 1.03 firmware which i sent him earlier today - and it appears to fix my problem! :) It's certainly brought the drive back to life at any rate. I have a number of UHD discs here, i've only tried a couple tonight and I know not all of them are in the database yet but anydvd at least decrypts one of them which implies to me it is working as hoped. I'll do some further testing tomorrow on my other discs but it certainly looks promising so far. Thankyou very much to @TeddyRaspin and also to @Tourist for your input.
:thankyou: :dance::dance:

DeUHD 1.0.1.9 correctly decrypts UHD discs I have using WH16NS60 1.01 firmware (my unit is now detected as that).

AnyDVD HD 8.2.1.9 don't, but only because WH16NS60 1.01 fw makes drive an "UHD real" device, i.e. AACS 2.0 certificate drive.

MakeMKV reports error in retrieving VID as well as some SCSI command errors, but loads decrypting hashing key anyway and allow UHD discs to be decrypted.

Furthermore, it is very fast. I can reach 34 MB/s (8.0x) on MakeMKV and WH16NS60 1.01 firmware.

@TeddyRaspin
Perhaps, once you have done a little more testing, you could update your "Drive Flashing" guide to include flashing to the WH16NS60 and upload the appropriate firmware. It'd be much appreciated!

Anyone know what firmware this drives needs to work?
LG WH16NS40 Made in April 2017 firmware 1.02

Yes, I have 2 that work fine.
I am combing through all my drive and parts, I found this one because I just bought it last year, I have about 10 older LG drives all bought before 2014, none of them will work I assume, I am just going to use it for testing purposes, I do not have a UHD TV yet. All the members are richer than me. LOL

This feels a bit like I'm quoting myself. But I'll go ahead and quote myself:

I would like to suggest moving the discussion about drives into a more appropriate thread - ideally into the "Hardware Talk" area, because this is not really about "AnyDVD UHD status".
It's an incredible amount of text and for those who expect to find information regarding the thread title, it's painful to read through hundreds of pages and reaching a disappointing realization, that this is all just about drive firmware versions.

:)

I would like to suggest moving the discussion about drives into a more appropriate thread - ideally into the "Hardware Talk" area, because this is not really about "AnyDVD UHD status".
It's an incredible amount of text and for those who expect to find information regarding the thread title, it's painful to read through hundreds of pages and reaching a disappointing realization, that this is all just about drive firmware versions.
Its done Pete
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-uhd-drives-and-firmware-questions.74495/

As far as I can tell, yes. The only difference between yours and mine is that one of mine was manufactured in Aug of 2016. I don't know the date of the other as it's installed in my PC. You will still need to test it with a UHD blu ray.

Last edited:
Well in Apr 2017 none of these UHD programs were out yet so I doubt it is different. I will let everyone know when I get a UHD movie to try. LOL

I've just ordered an ASUS 16D1HT. In case it comes with firmware 3.01 or earlier, could anyone who has flashed the official 3.02 firmware and confirmed it is working post an SHA1 hash of their .exe updater ? The one I downloaded is "ASUS ODD FW Updater for BW-16D1HT.exe" , 2.995.712 bytes, dated 2017-12-21 02:24:52 SHA1 064AECA37764BF6F53CC1E48C03353F827B94CBE
I know people have given direct links and said they're OK, but another poster said they've downloaded the same file but theirs is dated 2017-12-20 so I think a hash is safer (you can get it with 7-zip by right-clicking on the exe).
Thanks!

I've just ordered an ASUS 16D1HT. In case it comes with firmware 3.01 or earlier, could anyone who has flashed the official 3.02 firmware and confirmed it is working post an SHA1 hash of their .exe updater ? The one I downloaded is "ASUS ODD FW Updater for BW-16D1HT.exe" , 2.995.712 bytes, dated 2017-12-21 02:24:52 SHA1 064AECA37764BF6F53CC1E48C03353F827B94CBE
I know people have given direct links and said they're OK, but another poster said they've downloaded the same file but theirs is dated 2017-12-20 so I think a hash is safer (you can get it with 7-zip by right-clicking on the exe).
Thanks!
7-Zip's Checksum Information:

Name: ASUS ODD FW Updater for BW-16D1HT.exe

Size: 2995712 bytes (2 MB)

SHA1: 064AECA37764BF6F53CC1E48C03353F827B94CBE

According to Windows, Properties, Details, Date Modified: 12/20/2017 7:24 PM

I downloaded it from Asus' United States Support Site: https://www.asus.com/us/Optical-Drives-Storage/BW16D1HT/HelpDesk_Download/

The 3.02 Firmware is hidden at first, click on "See All Downloads", it is listed directly under the 3.03 Firmware and has a post/release date of 2018/01/15. The link to download the 3.02 Firmware Updater, that I used, is: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/ODD/Blu-ray/BW-16D1HT/ASUS_Website_FW_Updater_For_BW_16D1HT.zip

I just downloaded it, right before posting this, to see if they had changed it. As far as I can tell, it is identical. I checked the SHA1 CRC of the file I just downloaded, and it is identical to the one I downloaded a few days ago. Also, I noticed that the folder (generated by 7-Zip) that the exe is in, is dated January 15, 2018 3:37 AM.

However, depending on the Timezone you are in, both the date and time [displayed] could change. Which could explain why the date displayed is different on your file. I am in the Central (U.S. & Canada) Timezone. There is (only) a 7 hour difference between the date/time you posted and mine. I hope this helps. Please, let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Last edited:
I would love to see this therad rid of off topic talk this is nuts trying to find relevent info here that is even close to what the topic started out as.
Any questions about UHD drive status or firmware will be posted in a new thread in High Def Hardware
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-uhd-drives-and-firmware-questions.74495/

I would have to respectfully disagree, that discussing "UHD Friendly" Drives and Firmware as being off topic. This thread is exclusively about UHD and AnyDVD HD. The status of AnyDVD HD's ability to decrypt UHD Discs is, largley and directly, tied to specific BDXL ("UHD Friendly") Drives; not UHD (AACS 2.0) Drives. Unlike a Blu-ray Disc Drive being a problem, is an exception and would be a truly different topic. The drives AnyDVD HD can use to decrypt UHD Discs are in the minority and shrinking with the efforts of the BDA, Tech Companies releasing Firmware to cripple their drives ability to be used, etc. The Status of AnyDVD HD decrypting UHD Discs is fully connected and dependent on the drive you have, or need to obtain. I have no problem complying with posting future updates, regarding BDXL Drives in the newly created thread. I just wanted to point out, that this is not the typical situation, as it stands with DVDs and BDs.

Back