• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so tested a disc I know had a VUK key available and it immediately decrypted it without any error. It seems that message about not being able to connect is just a way of saying the disc isn't supported, or something to that effect. Would be nice if the error could be more specific.

This is the drive I use. Just bought it about a month ago. Came with 1.01 firmware. Leaving it at that. Not updating anything. And when I'm not using it I turn it off (switch on the rear). Whenever there are Windows updates, I unplug the USB cable (just to be safe). It is a very good drive and works great with UHD discs so far.

Thanks, RGS! As I said, not currently involved in UHD yet, but I feared if I waited too long, no drives would be available when I was ready. Think this will sit in the box (after I verify firmware) until it is needed.

What watermark? Cinavia? Disconnecting Ethernet shouldn't help. Spening 40 bucks for an X96 player with LibreElec Kodi will. ;)
We were testing 4k files 4 months ago and HDR TVS said this is copy protected media and blacked out when playing 4k thru usb stick. Same happened on uhd player with usb stick. So these hardware devices detect the water mark in the video which is hidden and will call home. Disconnected the Ethernet cable and the screen did not turn black and the media played. I'm not lying james.

James this is what happened.

https://www.ibc.org/delivery/using-forensic-watermarking-to-protect-uhd-content/946.article

I told the other user to NEVER have is internet connected because they can track the ip

quote from article:

The CA identity is used as a tamper resistant watermark identity, traceable back to the subscriber. CA technology will also enable turning the watermark on and off, as well as shut down the service and notify the user that they are violating the operator’s content rights.

The service was his usb software in tv and usb software in hdr uhd player. I have a usb port on my Samsung uhd but unplugged the cable before playing test files.

Last edited:
4) Copy the main M2TS containing the feature you want to play. I now can confirm that all the UHD discs I have own presently put the main movie or episodes as a single, large M2TS file (e.g. The Bridge on the River Kwai is on a single M2TS file that is nearly 90 GB) without branching. According to this thread at Myce, most discs on the market except The Martian don’t use seamless branching:
https://club.myce.com/t/how-to-merge-mux-my-ripped-uhd-blu-ray-disc-into-a-single-m2ts-file/400299
Scratch that. Copying the single main m2ts from a UHD Blu-ray disc works, but this is ever so slightly broken. Playable is flawless, but audio tracks will not show their language. You need to mux the m2ts to fix this. This brings me to my next point: what I read online about tsMuxeR muxes causing jumpy and out of sync playback is a bunch of bunk. Either the person who claimed this was not using it properly or is using a broken media player. Simply use BDinfo 0.5.10 to determine the correct mpls Blu-ray playlist file. Then select this mpls from the Blu-ray image in tsMuxeR just as you would with a normal Blu-ray. Select all the audio, video, and subtitle streams. Finally, mux it all together into a m2ts file. All my UHD m2ts muxes work perfectly in both MPC-HC and Kodi 17. In addition, the muxes will show the language for each audio stream which the unmuxed single, large m2ts from the disc would not properly show.

Last edited:
As visible in the OP, no. It's a full sized quad layer one
Ah, apologies, I jumped over the quoted part. 85712 MBytes, did you mean triple layer? Quad layer is 128 GB.
And i do mean ripping, not playing. [...] You're confusing Megabits per second (Mbps) and MegaBytes (MBps) per second and even MiBiBytes (MiBips) per second.
Yes I understand, but I play most titles directly from disc, that's why I was enquiring about the speed.
I know the difference between Mbps and MB/s, thank you very much.;)
17MBps = 136Mbps = perfectly within range of a quad layer disc, in fact even slightly above the going rate.
Yep, but you said it started at 10,84 MB/s, which is quite lower and below the default transfer rate of a triple layer 100 GB disc (123 Mbps = 15,365 MB/s). There is a "low transfer rate" triple layer variant at 92 Mbps though, I bet that's what is used, as it's closer to your reported starting speed. (Edit: although I doubt HEVC 4K video would need such a high bitrate in practice, but you never know...)

I would not trust it! Don't you guys remember Windows 10 freee update scheme..... How can you say for sure this updater does not have modified 3.02 in it.tell us how you do lol
I know it works, because I just bought two Asus BW-16D1HT drives; they arrived with Firmware 3.00 and I downloaded the 3.02 Updater that I shared the direct link to. I ran the updater on one drive and tested it. It worked perfectly with AnyDVD HD 8.2.1.9 and so, I updated the second drive to 3.02, tested again and it worked fine. I applaud Asus for not removing the link for the 3.02 Firmware Update and leaving it as an option, after posting the 3.03 update. The file name of the Firmware Updater for 3.02 doesn't have a version number; but, the name for 3.03 is near identical with "_FW_3.03" tacked on at the end. So, it is pretty easy to know which Zip file you have downloaded. So, for maximum compatibility (Disc and OS), Rip Speed, etc., updating to Firmware Version 3.02 (IMHO) is a Prudent and Wise decision. Just make sure it to get it directly from Asus (or a source you trust) and that it is indeed 3.02. ;)

+1

recently i received my new Asus BW-16D1HT with firmware v3.02 (manufactured on 2017/11).
however, when i put UHD disk (Hidden Figures) into this device, it only spins for several seconds and then spins down.
therefore i can see nothing in my computer.

yesterday i bought another one on different online shop. it still can't recognise UHD.

both two devices can recognise UHD only after I reflash v3.02 gathered from myce.

it seems ASUS mod v3.02 for recently BW-16D1HTs in Taiwan.
so even it comes with firmware v3.02, it doesn't mean this firmware is 100% UHD friendly.

I updated both of my Asus Bw-16D1HT drives, from Firmware 3.00, to Firmware 3.02 and tested both drives with AnyDVD HD 8.2.1.9 and both worked amazingly. 3.02 reduces the noise of the drive and increases rip speed. I, also, included a direct link to the specific updater I downloaded & used. I am sorry you are having issues; but, it is not exclusively related to the Firmware Version being 3.02.

With Win 10 Pro you can use the policy editor to prevent device driver updates and on non-Pro versions, you can set a registry key to prevent the driver update. That said, I'm not sure it's such a good idea as it will likely prevent updating devices that probably need updating.

Also to consider, it's not really the driver that we're talking about here but the device firmware and I'm not sure Windows Update will update a particular device's firmware. But it's Windows so anything is possible.
You are correct, Windows 10 does not update Firmware (not yet anyway).

Also, I tested Firmware 3.02 on two drives before posting that 3.02 did not break UHD Decryption. The level of paranoia and/or that someone would deliberately sabotage their fellow Movie/Video Enthusiasts is a bit disheartening. I was trying to help people achieve optimal performance and the best overall experience in their efforts.

Your missing the point. They may on Asus replace the file with 3.02 and put the drm in. What you going to do bitch you cannot rip uhd lol. They will laugh at u. They own the files and can change it without telling u
Firmware 3.02 does not add AACS 2.0 support to the Drive. I have tested this twice on two drives that had Firmware 3.00, downloaded 3.02 from Asus and tested with AnyDVD HD 8.2.1.9 and both drives work perfectly.

gereral1 said:
I would not trust it! Don't you guys remember Windows 10 freee update scheme..... How can you say for sure this updater does not have modified 3.02 in it.tell us how you do lol

Thanks for sharing experience and the warning. :) My Asus BW-16D1HT i bought recently is from April 2017 with original FW. 3.01.
I wanted to use the Asus FW Updater to 3.02. Fortunately haven't flashed it with it.

I've not used the Asus flasher yet, first wanted to dump the drive's original firmware.

But if some people warn the Asus flasher even for 3.02 is not recommended for UHD support, then I'll use dosflash method to 3.02 from club.myce.
The Asus Firmware Updater for 3.02 will not prevent your ability to backup 4K/UHD Blu-ray Discs. I have tested this on two drives with AnyDVD HD 8.2.1.9 and it worked perfectly. It is Firmware Version 3.03 that adds AACS 2.0 Support, blocking AnyDVD HD. I would not recommend 3.02 if it caused harm in anyway.

SLKabaker, are you going to post 100 posts restating the same thing over and over? That's what you're doing in 5 consecutive posts. Just summarize it all in a single post and/or multi-quote in your post.

PS: We get what you're saying. We really do.

SLKabaker, are you going to post 100 posts restating the same thing over and over? That's what you're doing in 5 consecutive posts. Just summarize it all in a single post and/or multi-quote in your post.

PS: We get what you're saying. We really do.
Sorry, I haven't figured out how to do a Multi Quote.

Was wondering if anydvd had any plans to help play uhd in plowerdvd 17 ?? Got more than enough power in pc and running gtx 1080 ( as are a lot of people ) but getting same problem audio no video . Understand there is other software out there that will work but I’m old a bit simple and quite lazy and would very much like it just to WORK lol

Was wondering if anydvd had any plans to help play uhd in plowerdvd 17 ?? Got more than enough power in pc and running gtx 1080 ( as are a lot of people ) but getting same problem audio no video . Understand there is other software out there that will work but I’m old a bit simple and quite lazy and would very much like it just to WORK lol
That's beyond the scope of this topic and not an AnyDVD problem. To play with a licensed player such as pdvd17 you need a Z270 chipset or higher based system AND the display device MUST be the iGPU. There's no way around that because of DRM.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

That's beyond the scope of this topic and not an AnyDVD problem. To play with a licensed player such as pdvd17 you need a Z270 chipset or higher based system AND the display device MUST be the iGPU. There's no way around that because of DRM.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk
Fair enough thanks for response and sorry for going off topic

We were testing 4k files 4 months ago and HDR TVS said this is copy protected media and blacked out when playing 4k thru usb stick. Same happened on uhd player with usb stick. So these hardware devices detect the water mark in the video which is hidden and will call home. Disconnected the Ethernet cable and the screen did not turn black and the media played. I'm not lying james.

Is it only with usb stick in a uhd player or tv ? What about nas on a local network ?

Do you remember the brand make and model of TV and Player? Just curious. Also, did you try it on both devices with the ethernet cable connected and disconnected and confirm the behavior?

That's nasty.

Sorry, I haven't figured out how to do a Multi Quote.

To multi-quote click on the "Reply" button under the post you wish to quote. The quoted text will appear in the comment box at the bottom of the page. Click on "Reply" under another post and that quoted text will be added to the existing text in the comment box.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back