• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem decryption

@Parks
I have not found any solution to date to solve the problem.
I try all the flashing possible but unfortunately nothing works.
I think this reader will go to the trash, I throw in the towel.

If you like you can send me BH16NS55. I've an eeprom programmer and I can eventually repair it or take it back to factory defaults.

Hi, I've made several tests in the last 2 days and I was able to reproduce the Drive Signature error, as well as to figure out its original cause.

It is a 100% firmware issue due to some specific data that need to be dumped from the original firmware of the unit.

If someone forget it and try to use dosflash for a firmware downgrade, using firmwares around the net it could seriously make his drive to be
unable to properly process any bluray disc (not only UHD).

Now I'm trying to find a way to reconstruct the proper values for fixing drive signature error even for those who made mistakes in flashing wrong firmwares.

@TeddyRaspin

i have flashed my two new bh16-ns55 drives from 1.03 to 1.02. (manufactured Dezember 17) with the dosflasher.
the dump-file (dump102.bin 03-04-17 12:49 am) and the data-file (102_data.bin 12-28-17 11:43 am) with your zip-files.
both can read now uhd-discs and Blu-ray Discs, but anydvd can´t handle a disk (drive Signatur error).
with make*kv is it possible to make a uhd-backup with this drives.

when i flash a original-recover-file of my original lg bh16-ns55 1.02, gives me the same result as your zip-files.

i hope you can find a solution for this Problem.

when i can help, let me know, thx.

Send me your recovery dump please.

P.S.
The Driver Signature DV value is written from offset 0x1E8000 to 0x1E84FF.

Overwriting that offset range with the correct data it will fix the Drive Signature error. ;)

i have send you a pm. :)

is the drive Signatur for every device a other or the same?

i hope this can help us...

thank you @TeddyRaspin! :bowdown::thankyou::dance:

my two new lg bh16ns55 Drives (original 1.03, dec 17) now working perfectly with bd and uhd with the modified TeddyRaspin-Firmware 1.02.
the "drive signature error" as written in the first post from barrett70 is go away!

@barrett70: if you still have the burner and the associated original firmware, then it pays to write teddyraspin. he can help you!

many thanks again, teddyraspin!

@TeddyRaspin Write up a guide (if you want to) what users need to do in the CD/DVD/BD drives forum section if they have a friendly drive that's no longer friendly. and PM me when ur done. I'll sticky it in that section and you can then refer users who want to downgrade or have the signature error to it. Such technical discussions arent really fit for this forum section as it isn't an AnyDVD or blu-ray issues problem but a technical one directly related to the drive.

That said, great work for doing what you're doing for the community!

Read my post above and have a little patience. You'll know soon enough what you need to do to fix the problem :)

As also posted in the German forum the procedure for firmware downgrading should be:

Do a dump of your current firmware (mandatory!!!).
Downgrade firmware.
Overwrite laser calibration of the downgraded firmware with data from original firmware dump.

Right now everybody is just reading a tutorial that's made in a hurry and jeopardizes the usage of the drives after a downgrade.

Back