• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope,I still have to try that......but it's weird that this only happens with failed UHD rips,not with succesfull UHD or blu-ray rips....
Yep, I thought about that when posting but you never know, it's worth a try I think.

From my testing, removing encryption does not prevent Powerdvd from insisting on the normal punitive hardware demands of UHD playback.

Thanks for the reply. That is what I was thinking. Guess it's time for a new NUC. I also realized I misread the details and it's just Cinavia removal, no way to circumvent the playback requirements. I guess i'll play with Kodi a bit more too. Thanks again for the help!

From my testing, removing encryption does not prevent Powerdvd from insisting on the normal punitive hardware demands of UHD playback.
I tried playing directly with two discs and got a different type of failure (with PowerDVD 17) than the 'your system isn't supported' error that happens normally. For Deadpool, the menu items would come up and there would be audio but the background video wouldn't play, selecting the movie would go through the motion and look like it is playing but no video. Trying it with Spider-Man Homecoming results in some sort of buffer overrun error and Windows shuts powerdvd down.

Hello
New to this site. Just got the asus bw-16d1ht version 3.00 and just downloaded redfox anydvdhd. I'm getting this
error processing Blu-ray disc Please check the anydvd status window.

Hello
New to this site. Just got the asus bw-16d1ht version 3.00 and just downloaded redfox anydvdhd. I'm getting this
error processing Blu-ray disc Please check the anydvd status window.

I've been receiving the same message as well. Earlier posts mentioned the servers were under load, though I'm not sure if unsupported discs give the same message or not. I do wonder how many users are trying UHD discs at this moment with AnyDVD though.

Last edited:
Make sure you flashed the 1.02 firmware that has the calibration data.

Thanks no I just flashed the one in the first post of @TeddyRaspin 's thread. Reading further down i see he posted another version with calibration data. I'll try flashing that one and see if i can bring it back to life.

edit: still no go with the updated firmware. now however when i insert a disc the light flashes and it makes noise but still does not detect the disc.

Last edited:
Thanks no I just flashed the one in the first post of @TeddyRaspin 's thread. Reading further down i see he posted another version with calibration data. I'll try flashing that one and see if i can bring it back to life.

edit: still no go with the updated firmware. now however when i insert a disc the light flashes and it makes noise but still does not detect the disc.

if one device is UHD friendly & its firmeare is also friendly, we can see the disc files in "my computer".

about flashing firmware, there are three steps to do:

step1. execute "DosFlash32" to "Read Flash" original firmware.
step2. execute “BH16NS40_EEPROM_Data_Mover.exe” to combine firmware from step1 & target version clean firmware.
step3. execute "DosFlash32_BH16NS40" & select firmware form step2 to "Write Flash".
step4. reboot & everything goes fine...

ps1.do not directly select firmware got from internet & Write Flash. it may make your device useless...
(this is the only way to recover device to factory status or RMA, so remember to do step1. to backup your device's calibration data.)

ps2.DOSFlash only supports S-ATA ports 1~4 in IDE mode under 32bit system.
so we must plug target deivce to one of first 4 ports & flash firmware under Win 32bit.

Last edited:
1st time when I got the error message about my unsupported disc,I disabled Windows 10 firewall to see if it was a connection problem.
However,when the error message came up,my firewall enabled itself again withhout user interaction.
It seemed like it was triggered by the Anydvd HD fail....as so far,it only happens when running Anydvd on an unsupported disc.
No idea. AnyDVD does not touch your firewall settings. Maybe an overly ambitious anti-malware program at work?

Did you also try to flash the original firmware, which was provided by TeddyRaspin in another forum?
The version with calibration data posted on this forum is slightly different compared to the original firmware.

Yes, of course you can. It's a dump of the original firmware version 1.01 made with DOSFLASH.

Last edited:
I see people using the ASUS BW-16D1HT optical drive for this task, but when I look on Amazon and Newegg, it looks like they don't read 4K discs. What am I missing?
The Asus BW-16D1HT reads BDXL discs. 4K/UHD Blu-rays are BDXL discs with additional DRM. That is why drives like the BW-16D1HT are called "UHD Friendly" drives. Since their Firmware ignores the additional DRM imposed by the 4K/UHD Profile. However, both, LG and Asus have released Firmware for these drives that adds the DRM and renders them useless for the purpose of backing up (creating an ISO, etc.). For the Asus BW-16D1HT, that is Firmware version 3.03; I do recommend updating the Firmware to version 3.02 for speed and stability improvements. Asus is currently offering the official Firmware 3.02 Updater on their website: https://www.asus.com/us/Optical-Drives-Storage/BW16D1HT/HelpDesk_Download/

The Asus BW-16D1HT reads BDXL discs. 4K/UHD Blu-rays are BDXL discs with additional DRM. That is why drives like the BW-16D1HT are called "UHD Friendly" drives. Since their Firmware ignores the additional DRM imposed by the 4K/UHD Profile. However, both, LG and Asus have released Firmware for these drives that adds the DRM and renders them useless for the purpose of backing up (creating an ISO, etc.). For the Asus BW-16D1HT, that is Firmware version 3.03; I do recommend updating the Firmware to version 3.02 for speed and stability improvements. Asus is currently offering the official Firmware 3.02 Updater on their website: https://www.asus.com/us/Optical-Drives-Storage/BW16D1HT/HelpDesk_Download/
I would not trust it! Don't you guys remember Windows 10 freee update scheme..... How can you say for sure this updater does not have modified 3.02 in it.tell us how you do lol

Once AnyDVD is installed should PowerDVD 17 be able to play the disc? I keep getting this error:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    29.8 KB · Views: 26
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back