• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD status

Status
Not open for further replies.
You aren't kidding about that. I've had to clean mine numerous times as I test the various ripping solutions as they present themselves. Any little mark on them at all and the discs fail to read. I thought my Ghostbusters 2016 disc was completely screwed but after cleaning it thoroughly I was able to rip the whole thing.
The 4k discs are a PITA clean them every time before you try ripping them Like you have been doing or you will end up with as you know a corrupt rip or it will stop part way through.

Last edited:
You aren't kidding about that. I've had to clean mine numerous times as I test the various ripping solutions as they present themselves. Any little mark on them at all and the discs fail to read. I thought my Ghostbusters 2016 disc was completely screwed but after cleaning it thoroughly I was able to rip the whole thing.

Smaller sectors, more chance of tiny invisible dirt specs blocking the laser. Keep in mind, Blu-Ray was originally going to be a cartridge based system (the discs would be inside a protective plastic case which you insert into the player, which is the only time the case opens, like old DVD-RAM), which they knew wouldn't beat HD-DVD, so they used the hardcoat technology instead of the cartridge, which doesn't work as good. Blu-Rays are less forgiving than DVD, so I can really imagine how bad 4K can be when it comes to dirt and stuff like that.

I've had Blu-Rays that couldn't play at all regardless of cleaning, until I put them in a Venmill dry buffer machine (which you might want to invest in; cost is ~$900 US). And sometimes even that wouldn't work, especially if the hardcoat was scratched.

Just got my Asus BW-16D1HT

manufactured Feb 2017 and came with firmware 3.00. I updated it to 3.02 and tested it with Trolls 4K and worked fine. Was able to see the files/open the MTS file with Media Player Classic.
Awesome job.

Where did you download firmware 3.02?

Nice Job James this is first 4k movie(Spiderman Home Coming) I have been able to decrypt on the Fly with Clone BD instead of ripping the entire Movie to my Hard drive first Nice work Thank you!!(y)(y)

It is indeed great news to hear anydvd can decrypt uhd, though still early in development. You gotta start from somewhere.

Congratulations to RedFox team.

Can you make an unencrypted 1:1 ISO of a UHD disc now?
Yes.
Can you burn the unencrypted 1:1 ISO back to a blank 50/66/100 gb blank and play it back on a 4K hardware player like the Oppo 203/5? (In other words, the same way you can for Blu-Ray right now, with respect to the the Cinavia caveats?)
No. The Oppo won't read it.
EDIT: Other players might.
If you can't now, will you be able to at some point later on?
No.

The 4k discs are a PITA clean them every time before you try ripping them Like you have been doing or you will end up with as you know a corrupt rip or it will stop part way through.

I'd check that every disc is fully clean (also DVD) before putting into drive so that laser diode remains clear entirely (especially blue diode) hopefully. This might help for longer drive's durability.

Where did you download firmware 3.02?
Asus website's search function doesn't find it, Google does
https://www.asus.com/de/Optical-Drives-Storage/BW16D1HT/
->Support
->Drivers/ Programs sth. like this (->"Treiber und Hilfsprogramme")
->Choose OS
->"Show all"
->Version 3.02 2018/01/15 _ 1.43 MBytes =>ASUS_Website_FW_Updater_For_BW_16D1HT.zip
This is FW 1.02

fw. 1.03 is called "ASUS_Website_FW_Updater_For_BW_16D1HT_FW_3.03.zip" from Asus Website <=not UHD-Friendly
Cannot provide a direct link from download page (java script blocking issues when granting them when reloading the page).

[Edit] finally working
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/ODD/Blu-ray/BW-16D1HT/ASUS_Website_FW_Updater_For_BW_16D1HT.zip
To others: Using the official FW 1.02 flasher from Asus is not a bad idea, correct? Noone seems to use it?

Last edited:
hello, what good news, great team, now how should we do for unsupported records? What should we send so they can tear them? I have here a new album that still can not decipher, can I send some datro for you to work on? I do not know the method to follow

I do not know if it is correct, but I leave here the file generated by any, I hope I can help

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.1.9_Info_D_BLADE_RUNNER_2049.ziplog
    3.4 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hi, @koletov, this new AnyDVD sends data automatically when a UHD disc is not yet handled. Then the RedFox team will get that disc working. Be patient, there are many discs to process and only a few RedFoxers! Your disc will eventually work. I would suggest trying your disc once a day until it works.

Yes.

No. The Oppo won't read it.
EDIT: Other players might.

No.

My Sony UBP-X800 and the first Samsung 4K player won't read BDR-XL discs either. But you can put them on a 50gb dual layer disc (if it fits - some do but most don't) and it will work just like a regular blu ray.

Are you aware, that most UHD discs are "movie only" without any extras?

I too was wedded to the PC/FullMenu option as this is the only way I have ever done it. However on James's suggestion I got an Nvidia Shield, a licence for CloneBD (plus Anydvd of course) and it's a great solution. I had trouble getting the shield to recognise an external USB drive, (no solutions on Nvidia support site or Google) but have now got it working (in case anyone else has this issue). Great picture and sound.

"If James told you to jump off a cliff would you do it?". Well, maybe not but I'd at least consider it, lol.

Are you aware, that most UHD discs are "movie only" without any extras?

I've noticed this before and not sure whether to classify that as a positive or negative. In my collection of UHD releases only one movie has bonus material on the UHD disc. Every other release has a separate BD with the bonus features.

I too was wedded to the PC/FullMenu option as this is the only way I have ever done it. However on James's suggestion I got an Nvidia Shield, a licence for CloneBD (plus Anydvd of course) and it's a great solution. I had trouble getting the shield to recognise an external USB drive, (no solutions on Nvidia support site or Google) but have now got it working (in case anyone else has this issue). Great picture and sound.
It's getting more and more off-topic, but if you have more than one TV in different rooms, the fun starts with a media server. A NAS box capable running MySQL is all you need. If the Shield is too expensive, you can get away with a Chinese Amlogic S905X box like the X96 (40 bucks at Aliexpress) and LibreElec on an SD card. But the network performance of the X96 is not so great, UHD Blu-ray remuxes probably won't work. I haven't tried S912 boxes which have gigabit ethernet.
The Shield has two major disadvantages: No 3D (Nvidia refuses to add it) and no conversion from 2020/HDR to 709 color spec. You can't watch BT2020 material on a non 4K display. The Amlogic boxes don't do 3D either, but they do the 2020->709 conversion, so they are a viable option for the bedroom TV. And you don't get the Android stuff on the Amlogic boxes, Netflix, etc.
"If James told you to jump off a cliff would you do it?". Well, maybe not but I'd at least consider it, lol.
;)

I just picked up a Shield myself this week and I love it so far. I need a 4K tv but that'll come later this year. I'm just putting all the pieces together for it. UHD ripping to MKV is awesome. I have my library set up in J River MC with DNLA turned on so the Shield sees it with Kodi no problem.

My HTPC is my normal everyday PC :) PLEX (& android app) + Chromecast ultra = all i need for quick movie & series watching. Does the trick too and cheaper than a shield :)

I have a chromecast and a couple Roku's but the Shield offers some very compelling functionality. I use plex every day, as well.

Hi, @koletov, this new AnyDVD sends data automatically when a UHD disc is not yet handled. Then the RedFox team will get that disc working. Be patient, there are many discs to process and only a few RedFoxers! Your disc will eventually work. I would suggest trying your disc once a day until it works.
ok, fantastic, then nobody tells you to try again? no need to send anydvd's log, nothing, no? just put the disc again after a few hours to see if it works, I've tried other uhds and all work correctly, it's fantastic the work they do here, Ahopra just need to unlock this new album, I hope to try it in a few hours and I can tear it, many Thank you

@mbarnstijn please point me to the post where it states that data is automatically sent to redfox when an unsupported disc is detected. Doubt you'll find one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back