• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD status

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only tried one UHD disc with 8.2.1.9 (the Australian release of Bridge on the River Kwai) and it is supported! It was never included in the UHDKeys.txt file, so this is a nice development. Great work RedFox!

Edit: My previously unsupported copy of Deadpool also works with 8.2.1.9.

Last edited:
I just ordered the Planet Earth II set on UHD Blu Ray to test this out. Does anyone happen to know if it supported yet? I used free shipping, so it may not come for a week.

i got some thats not working when will they be supported and how did u crack them?

Hi guys - just an update for those looking for a BH16NS55 - I got one off Amazon UK, delivered today. Its the retail version because thats all they had. Looks like it has the 1.03 firmware on it, so I'm just gonna use the posted method to downgrade it.
Saturn.de is selling the LG BE16NU50 and as of today they still have 1.02 firmware. (I thought given the situation i'd buy a backup drive and after checking the firmware keep it safe in a box!!) It's a standard line of Saturn so I guess they will have a decent stock. Cost I think was just over 100 euros.

i got some thats not working when will they be supported and how did u crack them?

They're not going to tell u how decryption is done. That's need-to-know information and u don't need to know. If they'd tell u how they did things, who's to say u don't work for the AACS-LA waiting for info to update the AACS accordingly. That's not going to happen, sorry.

A little PSA on UHD support. There are many discs that are working and that's fantastic as we all know. There are many discs that aren't working and that's disappointing however TO BE EXPECTED at this stage of the game. The PSA is this....be patient. This is a new process for our little fox and as such there's going to be a few bumps in the road. It'll get worked out eventually. But asking when this disc or that disc is going to get supported is pointless. If it doesn't work, sit tight and wait patiently until we're either asked to provide information or the disc begins working in an update. That is all. :)

the discs that work are all the ones that was on the leaked VUKs thats why they are working and unsupported discs that arnt on that list arnt supported by redfox

the discs that work are all the ones that was on the leaked VUKs thats why they are working and unsupported discs that arnt on that list arnt supported by redfox
You are speculating, being impatient and making anybody upset. In 2017 there was no solution at all for UHDs and now you assume this all can be solved in less than a month and in perfection? Get a life!

That is incorrect. Several users have already stated that titles that arent on the leaked key list are supported,

Example: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-uhd-status.74435/page-6#post-482137

even some that used MakeMKV's proprietary hashed key format and AnyDVD has never supported that format.

Example: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-uhd-status.74435/page-6#post-482160

Please don't make such claims if you don't have the proof to back it up.

Installed 8.2.1.9 and popped in my Spider-man Homecoming disc and got the same (non-VUC-key file) Anydvd disc error as before and was dejected. Realized I'm and idiot and moved the disc from my official drive to my friendly drive and am now elated. :) Pleased that (when the disc is supported) it doesn't take any longer to process than it does for a standard Blu-ray.
Apparently Mike @ makemkv has figured out a way for (some? all?) official drives to work with his hashed file (capability not released yet), so hopefully in the near future we'll be able to wear out official drives with makemkv & anydvd and use our friendly ones sparingly, just for having new/unsupported discs scanned (as I'm now somewhat paranoid about it dying and not being able to buy a replacement...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back