• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blade Runner 2049

I have the newest version (8.2.1.6) When I insert the purchased disc in the computer ANYDVD HD scans it just fine, but power DVD will not play the disc with ANYDVD running in the background. It says the disc is an unsupported format.....you must update your software to continue. If I make an ISO just like the 1,500 or so that I have made in the past and burned with IMGBurn with zero problems it says that it is incompatible and will not play it. You are correct it is not cinavia but appears to be something within the disc that will not let it play on an older Blu-Ray player without a software update. All I can say is I have two Sony 400 disc Blu-Ray players that have never been updated that are full of movies that I have burned using ANYDVD HD and I've never run into this problem before. Thanks for your efforts to help.

Last edited:
I have the newest version (8.2.1.6) When I insert the purchased disc in the computer ANYDVD HD scans it just fine, but power DVD will not play the disc with ANYDVD running in the background. It says the disc is an unsupported format.....you must update your software to continue. If I make an ISO just like the 1,500 or so that I have made in the past and burned with IMGBurn with zero problems it says that it is incompatible and will not play it. You are correct it is not cinavia but appears to be something within the disc that will not let it play on an older Blu-Ray player without a software update. All I can say is I have two Sony 400 disc Blu-Ray players that have never been updated that are full of movies that I have burned using ANYDVD HD and I've never run into this problem before. Thanks for your efforts to help.
What does the Status Window in AnyDVD HD say when you load the disc?

I just dropped bladerunner into the disc drive and it wants me to send a dump drive. It seems it does not recognize the disc. Whats going on redfox!??? Any help is appreciated.

make sure they update they reboot. Not sure when the last reboot was but all good now. thx red foxy
!

Update......After installing the newest version of ANYDVD HD (8.2.1.6) I made another ISO and using IMGBurn burned it to a 50GB disc. After it appeared to burn successfully a message pops up that reads.......Finalize disc failed.....reason.....cannot write medium, incompatible format. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Update......After installing the newest version of ANYDVD HD (8.2.1.6) I made another ISO and using IMGBurn burned it to a 50GB disc. After it appeared to burn successfully a message pops up that reads.......Finalize disc failed.....reason.....cannot write medium, incompatible format. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Not an AnyDVD issue, this is usually caused by the media or the drive itself having difficulty writing to the disc, especially when it gets to the outer edge

When you launch IMGBurn, it will give you a message about detecting AnyDVD HD and that it can interfere with Disc Burning/Verification Process. After you create an ISO with AnyDVD HD (please do not create the image with any other software), and eject the source disc, you need to go into the settings for AnyDVD HD; under "Selection", de-select (un-check) the specific Blu-ray drive you intend to use for burning. Hit okay and then insert the Blank Disc in to the drive and open IMGBurn. IMGBurn will still give the same warning, because AnyDVD HD is still running in the background, but it won't affect the burning process as long as you are using an un-selected Drive. I am still wondering what AnyDVD HD says about the Blade Runner 2049 Disc when it gets through scanning it. Either copy and paste the info or save a log file and post it on this thread, please. I am beginning to suspect that you may have a defective copy of the movie as you are the only one having this problem; or defective drives, BD-R DL media, etc.

When you launch IMGBurn, it will give you a message about detecting AnyDVD HD and that it can interfere with Disc Burning/Verification Process. After you create an ISO with AnyDVD HD (please do not create the image with any other software), and eject the source disc, you need to go into the settings for AnyDVD HD; under "Selection", de-select (un-check) the specific Blu-ray drive you intend to use for burning. Hit okay and then insert the Blank Disc in to the drive and open IMGBurn. IMGBurn will still give the same warning, because AnyDVD HD is still running in the background, but it won't affect the burning process as long as you are using an un-selected Drive. I am still wondering what AnyDVD HD says about the Blade Runner 2049 Disc when it gets through scanning it. Either copy and paste the info or save a log file and post it on this thread, please. I am beginning to suspect that you may have a defective copy of the movie as you are the only one having this problem; or defective drives, BD-R DL media, etc.
That message refers to verification only, and verification is READING the disc. AnyDVD doesn't affect burning at all.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

That message refers to verification only, and verification is READING the disc. AnyDVD doesn't affect burning at all.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk
Thank you for the clarification.

Thanks to everyone that has responded. I went to Redbox this morning and rented a copy of this movie thinking that I might have purchased a bad copy of Blade Runner 2049. It however does the exact same thing as the other one. It will not play with ANYDVD HD running on my computer, nor will it play on any of the four Blu-Ray players I own that have never had a software update. It will however play perfectly on the one Blu-Ray player I own that has current updated software. All the others say that the disc has an incompatible format just like IMGBurn said last night when it would not finalise it. I also rented Wonder Woman while at Redbox and it plays perfectly on both the computer and each of my older Blu-Ray players, so it would seem that whatever the problem is it is with the Blade Runner disc and it's a problem on at least the two I have. The ISO in my documents appears to be normal gives the title and says it is 41,915,520 KB in size. I'll try to upload it, but I've never done that before. Thanks again for everyone's help. Well I clicked on upload a file and selected the Blade Runner file and opened it but I don't see that it attached it. Sorry for my lack of computer literacy. And BTW Heloduck who started this thread seems to be having the same issue.

Last edited:
Further update......I updated the software on my PowerDVD and now the ISO plays perfectly on my computer. I'm confused......what the heck does PowerDVD have to do with IMGBurn not being able to finalise the ISO? I will update the software on IMGBurn and try to re-burn it later on in the day. Thanks for all help. Ooops.....I already have the latest version of IMGBurn

Last edited:
After updating Power DVD software I burned a successful Blade Runner 2049 that plays flawlessly in my older Blu-ray players. Neither the rental nor the purchased Blu-Ray will play (still says I need to update the software) but the burned copy plays fine. I had no idea that Power DVD had anything to do with the process, but updating the software was the only thing I did differently. The same ISO that would not play on Power DVD or finalise with IMGBurn before the update now does both. I hope this helps anyone with the same problem in the future.

After updating Power DVD software I burned a successful Blade Runner 2049 that plays flawlessly in my older Blu-ray players. Neither the rental nor the purchased Blu-Ray will play (still says I need to update the software) but the burned copy plays fine. I had no idea that Power DVD had anything to do with the process, but updating the software was the only thing I did differently. The same ISO that would not play on Power DVD or finalise with IMGBurn before the update now does both. I hope this helps anyone with the same problem in the future.
Please, please, generate a log file from AnyDVD HD after inserting the original (source) Blu-ray of Blade Runner 2049. As well as, what version of PowerDVD are you using? What version of Windows are you running? A log file will greatly help and show if AnyDVD HD has anything to do with this. Please.

I had no idea that Power DVD had anything to do with the process, but updating the software was the only thing I did differently.
Trust me, it doesn't. And please, post an AnyDVD logfile.

Please, please, generate a log file from AnyDVD HD after inserting the original (source) Blu-ray of Blade Runner 2049. As well as, what version of PowerDVD are you using? What version of Windows are you running? A log file will greatly help and show if AnyDVD HD has anything to do with this. Please.
I am running a very old version of PowerDVD I think it is 9.5. I had never updated it until this morning, because it has always worked flawlessly in the past. I am also using Windows 7 on a Dell XPS 8300. I tried to upload and send the ISO file this morning.....sorry it didn't work but I'm old as dirt and not particularly good with computers. After the successful burn I deleted the ISO file from my computer. I have never generated a log file either....be glad to help if I knew how. I have used ANYDVD for many many years long before it was Red Fox and was in fact grandfathered in by Slysoft before they went to an annual premium. This is the first problem I've had with ANYDVD. I also had BDClone before it went caput.......it NEVER worked for me and I finally uninstalled it. Thanks for the help.

Trust me, it doesn't. And please, post an AnyDVD logfile.
I didn't think it did either.......however......I tried both the purchased and a Redbox rental copy of Blade Runner 2049 in my computer. Both seemed to be successfully scanned by ANYDVD HD but neither one would play on the computer using Power DVD with ANYDVD running in the background. A box would come up and say that the disc was an unsupported format. I went ahead and had ANYDVD rip to image and then attempted to burn the ISO to a 50GB blank using IMGBurn. It appeared to work but it would not finalize, saying that it was an incompatible format. After some deliberation this morning I updated the software on my Power DVD and loaded the same ISO that PowerDVD would not play last night and it played perfectly. I then used the same ISO burned it with IMGBurn and it finalized it with no problems. So that's as much as I can tell you....I didn't change anything except update the PowerDVD. And BTW neither the rental or the purchased disc will play in any of my Blu-Ray players that have not had a software update, but the burned disc plays perfectly. I get a popup that says I have to renew the encryption keys by getting a software update. I will attempt to an ANYDVD logfile if I can figure it out tomorrow. Thanks for your response.

Get rid of Power DVD and use PotPlayer, I never had a problem with it and it is free.

get rid of PowerDVD and afaik loose any and all menu support and hello random playlist selection with PotPlayer (besides the fact that the last time i heard that name it was vioalting all sorts of (L)GPL licenses by ripping off code)

As I said earlier your burning issue is normally down to a media/burner issue, nothing to do with PowerDVD. Probably just some bad disc and it worked with the last one you used.

If you look up the error message on Google you'll find the error message, it even does it on bad DVD-R's

Back