• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blank DVD+DL Brands--which ones cause problems?

Ch3vrOn. Thank you.

Do you have a view on why I'm having some better luck recording at 4x speed vs. 8x with the HP media? And if these HP copies (when they are successful) might remain good long term? Do you think the playback problem is, in fact, caused by the transition to the 2nd layer when they play about 50% of a movie and then begin to skip/fail? I'm thinking about just throwing them away...

Simple physics really. The faster you burn, the more prone you are to burn errors when using cheap media. 2 critical points are the layer break (as you're experiencing) and towards the outer edges.

What does imgburn or other tool report as the MID?

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Ch3vrOn -- Do you have a link where I can find a clean copy of Imgburn? I just got a bunch of malware from a poor source and had to restore my PC from a backup to recover....

Ch3vrOn -- Do you have a link where I can find a clean copy of Imgburn? I just got a bunch of malware from a poor source and had to restore my PC from a backup to recover....
The imgburn site. Mirror 7 from the imgburn, just dont go clicking 'next' without looking. Even offers that LOOK undeselectable still are. They just LOOK that way. I've never had any problems. That said you can always open the installer I believe lightning UK said with any archive tool like WinRAR and just extract the executable and overwrite the existing one.

The MID of my leftover HP DVD+R DL discs is CMC MAG-D03-64
The MID of my leftover Kodak DVD+R DL discs is UMEDISC-DL1-64
The MID of my Verbatim AZO DVD+R DL discs is MKM-003-00 (I think this is the "good" one!)

Is there a decode/indication somewhere of what these various MID types mean??

The MID of my leftover HP DVD+R DL discs is CMC MAG-D03-64
The MID of my leftover Kodak DVD+R DL discs is UMEDISC-DL1-64
The MID of my Verbatim AZO DVD+R DL discs is MKM-003-00 (I think this is the "good" one!)

Is there a decode/indication somewhere of what these various MID types mean??
No surprise the first don't work. CMC mag stands for CMC magnetics and produces the cheapest, crappiest and most often failing even at the start of a burn blanks. Just dump them and never go back.

Don't know too much about the 2nd, but the 3rd one's are indeed the 'good stuff'. Stick with them and never go back and you should never again have problems unless you're drive starts failing

Thanks....think I'll dump the HP and Kodak ones and just stick to the Verbatim AZO's...

The imgburn site. Mirror 7 from the imgburn...
...is the only mirror that has a PUP/Adware infected installer (3,96 MB) !
So don't use that one.
The other mirrors host the clean installer (3,1 MB).

Yes...that was my mistake..I used Mirror 7...but found a clean version later...

Back