• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BETA won't accept lifetime key

LordAlexxx

I've had my key since "07. I recently made some upgrades to my HTPC and decided to download the beta posted on 12/25. It's telling me my key isn't valid. Any suggestions?

I've had my key since "07. I recently made some upgrades to my HTPC and decided to download the beta posted on 12/25. It's telling me my key isn't valid. Any suggestions?
Important information for SlySoft license owners!

SlySoft license keys for AnyDVD (HD) will only work up to version 7.6.9.5. The RedFox OPD (Online Protection Database) for this version will be available until Tuesday, May 31, 2016, afterwards AnyDVD HD may no longer be able to decrypt discs.
SlySoft licenses of other products are not affected and will continue to work normally.

https://www.redfox.bz/download.html

For more info, please check out this link:

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/no-fox-no-job-no-future.68331/

Wrong section, moved to license questions.

That said if you purchased from the now extinct SlySoft, then it does indeed not work and you are warned about that on the download page

SlySoft license keys for AnyDVD (HD) will only work up to version 7.6.9.5. The RedFox OPD (Online Protection Database) for this version will be available until Tuesday, May 31, 2016, afterwards AnyDVD HD may no longer be able to decrypt discs.

SlySoft licenses of other products are not affected and will continue to work normally.

When the authorities shut down slysoft, they took your license with it. former staff started up redfox and restarted development. Now, in order to get the needed servers etc... setup, pay staff,... funding is needed and that brought with it the need to issue new licenses. Redfox AnyDVD v8xxx and higher require a redfox issued license key.

If you say you've got your key since '07 then you've had 10 years of use out of it probably for a cheap price. If you want to use v8 or higher, you'll need to get a new license and the redfox staff will appreciate your support too.

We are a project now and not a company. Like Ch3vr0n said, we would appreciate your support. Had the developers not picked up where Slysoft went out of business, there would be no AnyDVDHD, and nothing to download.

Last edited:
I did indeed purchase my license. Way back when and I saw the value in it. It allowed many rips to be made. The older version I had worked fine and I wouldn't mind purchasing a new key..but...109 eur..get fkkn serious...I'll dig up an older version

You do know that the prices are cheaper than the ones slysoft had after the switch to euro right. That was 129€. considering you've had yours for 10 years, you probably paid something like 80-90$. That's 9$ a year, you try living on that kind of salary. Your old key will work upto version 7695 but version no longer has access to any OPD (that was shut down when slysoft was) and has increasingly more trouble with newer titles.

Your also more than welcome to swap to a "competitor" which asks a MULTIPLE of 109€ for a lifetime license of DVD/BD ripper. It's up to you.

I did indeed purchase my license. Way back when and I saw the value in it. It allowed many rips to be made. The older version I had worked fine and I wouldn't mind purchasing a new key..but...109 eur..get fkkn serious...I'll dig up an older version
Many of us had this issue. Me too. Just move forward and get a life! This is not the responsibility of RedFox but Mr. Slysoft who ran off. The developers picked up the program and the development after some really critical time. Therefore go with AnyDVD and the other software offered by RedFox or just go another way. Accusing RedFox is addressed completely wrong. It's like a company going bankrupt and then the employees pick up the ball to continue to keep it running.

Just as long as you know the older V (7) will not connect to the OBD ( onlineData Base ) so you will just be able to do movie up until Feb 2016. We have a great project here, I hope you will reconsider and join us.

LordAlexx,

as RedFox1 stated you are really welcome as a new customer. I'm also just a customer, but trust me: All issues are immediately posted and addressed in the RedFox forum and fixes are supplied very timely after the effectiveness has been confirmed.

After a long hiatus... I'm debating whether to once again... buy a lifetime license that has no guarantee that it is in fact a lifetime license. I'm being a bit facetious, but here's a suggestion, why not offer a special discount to those who were Lifetime License Subscribers? Doesn't have to be crazy... maybe 1/3rd off? You run 20% for people who never supported the slysoft team that evolved into redfox. So is it outrageous to compromise a little?-Lily

After a long hiatus... I'm debating whether to once again... buy a lifetime license that has no guarantee that it is in fact a lifetime license. I'm being a bit facetious, but here's a suggestion, why not offer a special discount to those who were Lifetime License Subscribers? Doesn't have to be crazy... maybe 1/3rd off? You run 20% for people who never supported the slysoft team that evolved into redfox. So is it outrageous to compromise a little?-Lily
We are a different entity, Slysoft was a company that was put out of business by the AACS-LA, RedFox is a project. We look for people to support our project, without the developers you would have nothing to buy. We look forward to your support.

Not this are again. Please do the research. Lifetime licenses received updates for the lifetime of the company that sold them. Do you really expect a license to last YOUR lifetime (80+ y)? Not 1 software company or product lasts that long. Ask m$. There WAS a discount for previous license holders, over a year ago when RedFox began. You're over a year too late.

The 20% one is nothing new, slysoft regularly had those too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Back