• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

USB 3.2 specifications

RedFox 1

Forum Admin
The USB 3.0 Promoters Group today published the USB 3.2 specifications. Devices supporting the new standard can utilize two 10 Gbit/s lanes which doubles the bandwidth compared to previous USB versions.

The USB 3.0 Promoters Group today published the USB 3.2 specifications. Devices supporting the new standard can utilize two 10 Gbit/s lanes which doubles the bandwidth compared to previous USB versions.
This version requires a motherboard [for example] that supports it [and not a software upgrade of some kind]?

It'll probably be in a next generation motherboard future Z470 for example? these kind of technological advances need to be implemented at the motherboard level or at best via an add-in card through pci-e. You can't "upgrade" an existing usb port to a newer specification, it needs to be designed that way from the ground up.

It'll probably be in a next generation motherboard future Z470 for example? these kind of technological advances need to be implemented at the motherboard level or at best via an add-in card through pci-e. You can't "upgrade" an existing usb port to a newer specification, it needs to be designed that way from the ground up.
Yeh, I think I knew this much. By the time I get around to building my next desktop, there may even be a newer spec. LOL

This USB standard be supported on 8th gen i7 coffee lake? I'm saving up to build a i7 with z370 chipset. My 10 year old computer is fine but I'm really excited about the latest offering from Intel. 6 cores. Ryzen 7 looks great but the i7 will be the cake.

Even the top motherboards like ASUS ROG Maximus series only have 1 USB-C port at the moment. Hopefully there will be more of those when USB 3.2 hits the market. It's time the start to make front-panel USB-C connectors too as right now the only port is on the I/O shield at the back.

Back