• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BSOD with AnyDVD

delaners

About 2 weeks ago I started getting a BSOD crash, with stopcode "Memory Management", when trying to rip a disk to CloneDVD2. AnyDVD analysis seems to proceed OK, and it presents the disk title as normal. However, as soon as any access of the disk starts the computer crashes in a BSOD.

I am running the latest versions of Windows 10-x64, and the latest AnyDVD beta 8.2.0.4. The problem occurs on any disk. I have uninstalled and reinstalled AnyDVD, and the problem was unchanged. I was able to get the attached ziplog from the analysis of a disk. Any ideas??

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.0.4_Info_E_THE_OSIRIS_CHILD.ziplog
    128.1 KB · Views: 5
About 2 weeks ago I started getting a BSOD crash, with stopcode "Memory Management", when trying to rip a disk to CloneDVD2. AnyDVD analysis seems to proceed OK, and it presents the disk title as normal. However, as soon as any access of the disk starts the computer crashes in a BSOD.

I am running the latest versions of Windows 10-x64, and the latest AnyDVD beta 8.2.0.4. The problem occurs on any disk. I have uninstalled and reinstalled AnyDVD, and the problem was unchanged. I was able to get the attached ziplog from the analysis of a disk. Any ideas??

This problem can mean your ram is at fault and nothing to do with AnyDVD, Run /SFC it can also be caused by corrupted system files for some reason. Run a WinBlowz memory Diagnostic test by pressing the windows logo key and "R" at the same time. In the run box type mdsched.exe

Respectfully more ppl would be a cryin if AnyDVD was doin it

Thanks for quick reply. I was not thinking it was AnyDVD, but hoping others had seen similar problem. I had already run SFC and memory diagnostics, and everything looked OK. The computer is a Dell 8900 with 32 GB main. I have been ripping to a solid state drive - will have a more detailed look there to see if that is the problem. Thanks again.

Thanks for quick reply. I was not thinking it was AnyDVD, but hoping others had seen similar problem. I had already run SFC and memory diagnostics, and everything looked OK. The computer is a Dell 8900 with 32 GB main. I have been ripping to a solid state drive - will have a more detailed look there to see if that is the problem. Thanks again.
You have a lot of drivers on your machine. "PDFsDilter.sys" "PerfectDisk OptiWrite". PxHlpa64.sys from Corel. You could try to remove them and check, if stability improves.

This does seem to be a driver issue. I can play protected DVDs just fine when AnyDVD is not loaded. After AnyDVD is loaded and has analyzed the DVD, any access of the DVD drive crashes the computer. I have recently loaded Corel PS Pro X9, and that is one of the three drivers associated with the drives. I will try removing that and see what happens. The current version of anydvd.sys is 8.1.8.3. Is that the latest?

Hi, I am experiencing this exact same problem, It started after the last huge windows 10 update, and ever since if Anydvd is running the computer crashes to BSOD everytime a disc is inserted. Disable anydvd and there is no problem at all

Hi, I am experiencing this exact same problem, It started after the last huge windows 10 update, and ever since if Anydvd is running the computer crashes to BSOD everytime a disc is inserted. Disable anydvd and there is no problem at all
Please post an AnyDVD logfile from a random disc.

oops sorry yes i should have read that... I had to take a couple of goes at getting the file because as soon as the player (cyberlink powerdvd17) starts up i get BSOD...with anydvd disabled i dont.. anyway closed powerdvd before it started properly and got the log file.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.1.0_Info_F_VALERIAN.ziplog
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
oops sorry yes i should have read that... I had to take a couple of goes at getting the file because as soon as the player (cyberlink powerdvd17) starts up i get BSOD...with anydvd disabled i dont.. anyway closed powerdvd before it started properly and got the log file.
Who / what is using rawdsk3.sys? Sounds scary. Hitman Pro seems to cause BSOD quite often, so maybe try to uninstall it.

I have no idea what is using rawdsk3.sys. all i can tell you is since a major windows 10 update about 2/3 weeks ago if anydvd is enabled and i put a bluray/dvd in the optical drive, anydvd scans it, the player(powerdvd17) starts and after a few seconds BSOD...disable anydvd and everything works perfectly. As for hitman pro, ive never had an issue with it and the only crashes / BSODs have been since the windows update

thanks CH3vrOn, i just looked at the top link..i have loaded several Tomb raider games on my pc over the yearsIncluding the originals ive run in dosbox ..these being Eidos could explain that

Like Broomstick_pilot, my trouble started with the Windows update. I have not been able to find any problem with drivers. In my case, AnyDVD is able to complete analysis, and the system crashes when the rip to CloneDVD2 begins. Does AnyDVD access the disk drives any differently during the analysis and rip phases?

Added information on this problem. I had forgotten that AnyDVD had direct ripping capability. I normally use it with CloneDVD2. I tried a disk using direct rip to hard drive from AnyDVD. It worked - no crash. I was also able to write this output to another DVD using CloneDVD2. Then, using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, I tried ripping the same disk to hard drive with CloneDVD2. Instant computer crash with BSOD as soon as I selected the output storage location. Again, this scenario seems to have started with the latest major Windows 10 update. Looks like there is some problem with the combination of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. I am using the 8.2.1.0 release of AnyDVD.

Added information on this problem. I had forgotten that AnyDVD had direct ripping capability. I normally use it with CloneDVD2. I tried a disk using direct rip to hard drive from AnyDVD. It worked - no crash. I was also able to write this output to another DVD using CloneDVD2. Then, using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, I tried ripping the same disk to hard drive with CloneDVD2. Instant computer crash with BSOD as soon as I selected the output storage location. Again, this scenario seems to have started with the latest major Windows 10 update. Looks like there is some problem with the combination of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. I am using the 8.2.1.0 release of AnyDVD.
I can't reproduce this problem at all. But I don't have scary software on my machine (anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-whatever).
Please try these steps in the following order:
1.) Please try AnyDVD 8.1.2.x beta. It has an updated driver.
2.) You can tell CloneDVD to use the filesystem to read the disc.
3.) You can try to uninstall any 3rd party anti-whatever software. It is possible, that they try to monitor the traffic from the optical drive and crash in combination with AnyDVD.

Thanks for the quick reply. I loaded 8.2.1.2 beta, and CloneDVD2 was already set to use the filesystem to read disc. Crashed. Changed settings on CloneDVD2 to run under administrator permissions and in compatibility mode (Win 8). Crashed. Returned CloneDVD2 to normal mode. Turned all the scary software off - shut down their services, stopped the programs, made sure nothing running. Crashed. That software was all installed and running the last time I was successful. Question - This seems to have started around the time of version 8.2.0.0. Should I try running one of the older versions like 8.1.9.0, if that might be informative? I still have the install file. If you think that might be worthwhile, can I overwrite the current version or do I need to uninstall AnyDVD first?

Thanks for the quick reply. I loaded 8.2.1.2 beta, and CloneDVD2 was already set to use the filesystem to read disc. Crashed. Changed settings on CloneDVD2 to run under administrator permissions and in compatibility mode (Win 8). Crashed. Returned CloneDVD2 to normal mode. Turned all the scary software off - shut down their services, stopped the programs, made sure nothing running. Crashed. That software was all installed and running the last time I was successful. Question - This seems to have started around the time of version 8.2.0.0. Should I try running one of the older versions like 8.1.9.0, if that might be informative? I still have the install file. If you think that might be worthwhile, can I overwrite the current version or do I need to uninstall AnyDVD first?
Just checked your logfile again. "Ashampoo Uninstaller" has a device driver "IFS64.sys" running causing trouble on some systems. Can you uninstall it?
https://windowsforum.com/threads/he...-upgrade-to-windows-10-from-windows-7.212321/
https://www.win-10-forum.de/windows...s-update-endet-blue-screen-fehlermeldung.html
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=106012.0

Back