• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Mad Max Fury Road Blu Ray Audio Issue

JT!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.4.0_Info_F_MAD_MAX_FURY_ROAD.ziplog
    140.7 KB · Views: 7
Oh and I'm using the most recent version of VLC player. In which I've just discovered that there are 4 audio tracks. 1 is English, the one I'm having an issue with. 2 is English with commentary for the blind which works fine. 3 and 4 are French and Spanish which work fine.

Same issue as this guy: https://forum.slysoft.com/threads/mad-max-fury-road.67255/

Audio cuts in and out. Mostly out. Netflix rental.

I did read on that topic that AnyDVDhd doesn't do anything to sound so does this mean this is not an AndDVDhd issue?

Log attached.
Yours is not the same issue as the other thread as on the other thread his playback software is playing back the wrong audio track, not cutting out.
That being said neither of these appear to be AnyDVD HD issues as AnyDVD HD doesn't touch the audio, so would appear to be playback issues. Do you get the same problem if you disable AnyDVD HD and play back the original disc?

Reactions: JT!
Hi. Opps, linked the wrong topic.

It is fixed now, must be a vlc issue. Opened with MPC and works just fine.

Thanks for the help anyways. I'm unable to play it without anydvdhd running due to all the fun stuff anydvd gets rid of.

New to the software and it's pretty amazing! Using it to watch blurays on my computer and can snow use it with Smooth Video Project too!

Hi, JT. I just downloaded AnyDVD & VLC Media Player and am having the same difficulty you were with the main audio track of "Mad Max: Fury Road". I'm a newbie to all of this and curious as to how exactly you fixed the issue. Forgive my ignorance but what's MPC? Also, I don't know if anyone can help with this, but I can't access the special features on the same disc. When I try to click on any of the options, they disappear. Any help would be appreciated.

From reading other topics and posts on here from knowing that VLC Media Player should not be used to play Blu Ray discs only DVDs. For Blu Rays Power DVD and some other players designed and made to play Blu Rays should be used as things like what is mentioned above can happen. I even sometimes have used VLC to play some DVDs as well and end up using something else like Power DVD to play the movie because I had issues viewing and or hearing the movie. VLC isn't the best media player around and there are better choices that do a better job. I suggest using something else then VLC Media Player for a Blu Ray movie on a PC. I do not have PC that I can play Blu Rays so I couldn't really comment on that other then what I have read.

For Blu-ray playback on a PC/laptop, PowerDVD Ultra is recommended (WinDVD can playback Blu-ray discs/folders/ISOs as well, but it's not as good as PowerDVD, IMO.)

Cyberlink right now has PowerDVD Ultra on sale for the holidays around $60 or so.

Thanks so much for the info! I took your advice, Lightning Bolt & whatever_gong82, and downloaded the free trial version of PowerDVD Ultra. My MM: FR Blu-ray worked fine, so seeing the current discount (it's just under $40), I purchased & downloaded the latest version then uninstalled the clearly inferior VLC Media Player. I really appreciate the help.

Thanks so much for the info! I took your advice, Lightning Bolt & whatever_gong82, and downloaded the free trial version of PowerDVD Ultra. My MM: FR Blu-ray worked fine, so seeing the current discount (it's just under $40), I purchased & downloaded the latest version then uninstalled the clearly inferior VLC Media Player. I really appreciate the help.
VLC Media Player is o.k. for stuff that isn't Blu-ray or DVD, I even have it on my System myself, but you did well in getting PowerDVD Ultra.

MPC is Media Player Classic, by the way.

:)

Last edited:
VLC Media Player is o.k. for stuff that isn't Blu-ray or DVD, I even have it on my System myself, but you did well in getting PowerDVD Ultra.

MPC is Media Player Classic, by the way.

Yeah, man... PowerDVD 17 is the bees knees!

I'm so glad I discovered it, because prior to that, MPC-HC ruled my HTPC. However, there have been too many movies that have foreign subtitles that aren't recognized by MPC-HC no matter what command you input or setting you adjust. It seems BD-Java has advanced past the point to where free programs like that can keep up.

So now I pretty much watch everything through PowerDVD 17. Although, there is one movie that still exhibits the same behavior it did on Blu-ray players - Total Recall (2012). The HD audio soundtrack will go in and out and when it comes back on, the picture will then be out of sync with the audio at or after the 1 hour mark. However, this can be remedied by watching that movie in MPC-HC as it doesn't give you a single issue with the branching that most Blu-ray players do.

Thanks again for all the feedback & suggestions, everyone. PowerDVD is awesome! Not very computer literate, I actually got my first laptop just a few days ago, and in figuring out & researching what I wanted & what was within my price range, it looked like a Blu-ray-capable laptop wasn't an option for me as they're so expensive and those with even DVD drives seem to be few & far between. And with the needed software & costs, I was led to believe that a Blu-ray drive would be more trouble than it's worth, but I really wanted one! Looks like I hit the jackpot with the laptop I finally chose, in terms of functionality, cost & bang for my buck, along with AnyDVD & PowerDVD. So, here I am now, seemingly able to play any disc I want. (I've started watching my Region B Lifeforce Blu-ray which looks stunning.)

Back