• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update???

It would be interesting if the Asus and Verbatim drive would be functional again in Windows 7 or in previous Windows 10 versions (1703 / 1607 / 1511 etc).
Well it's a a bit implausible that two drives themselves suddenly get defective the same time shortly after a windows update.

Theosch, they do work on the previous (spring creators update) version, forget the number, just fine.

That is to say, I have tested on another PC (hp desktop) which was on previous windows 10, using verbatim drive, ran creators update, then it stopped working. Went back to previous windows version, working again.

Last edited:
Just to add some info, I am part of the Windows Insider previews and am running Windows 10 17025.rs_prerelease.171020-1626 and have an internal LG WH16NS40 BluRay drive and have no issues at all with ANyDVD HD.

I also bought a new drive and everything has started working, better than before due to a better drive. Funnily I moved to ASUS..
Anyway as a few suggested along the way, looks like a hardware failure rather than a software Windows~AnyDVD issue.

Just to be plain the issue was not with anydvd since (a) the problem remained after uninstalling (didnt check if elby driver uninstalled though) but conclusively (b) occurred on the hp desktop without anydvd installed using makemkv instead.

My Asus drive was quite old, I did yesterday get an email Asus support and they said known problem, old model, wait a month for next w10 update. Verbatim not followed up yet. These things are generic usb devices using generic drivers supposedly, sigh.

But anyway nothing about drm which my initial panic driven supposition. Just coincidence / bad luck.

Just to be plain the issue was not with anydvd since (a) the problem remained after uninstalling (didnt check if elby driver uninstalled though) but conclusively (b) occurred on the hp desktop without anydvd installed using makemkv instead.

My Asus drive was quite old, I did yesterday get an email Asus support and they said known problem, old model, wait a month for next w10 update. Verbatim not followed up yet. These things are generic usb devices using generic drivers supposedly, sigh.

But anyway nothing about drm which my initial panic driven supposition. Just coincidence / bad luck.
I hope that your Blu-ray drive issue is resolved soon to your satisfaction.

:)

Recycle:
Windows and the things that it breaks are not RedFox's fault. Still, if you are trying to diagnose a problem with software, it is often helpful to know what has changed since the software last ran successfully and if any other programs/systems are also demonstrating symptoms.
To your analogy: if I said that my ham and cheese sandwich tasted terrible and you said that your peanut butter and jelly sandwich also tasted terrible, a good starting point would be to see if the bread was the problem.
At this point in time, both Steve55 and I are just reporting a problem and describing what we have seen (AnyDVD stopped reading Blu-Ray discs after the Creators Update). If no one else sees this problem, I'll investigate possible driver issues. If others see a similar issue, then perhaps the fine folks on the RedFox team may want to see if something is now broken under the hood.
If this was on a clean install that would be quicker to get to the how and why but since one been using and constantly updating Windows the problems become more and more murkier as updates continue to hide where the problem was unless it was discovered as Windows fault or user fault. Only real test would be two computers same hardware/software running the same process to verify problems and diagnosis where and how the problem occur would most likely show up but if it's so few that others don't experience the same problem then it becomes a user issue software/hardware glitch that can't be reproduced by others to get to the bottom of the problem.

Okay, I seem to have fixed my problem. I discovered that there was a newer (actually, three newer) version of firmware for my drive. After reflashing the drive, it appears to be working well. In fact, the death-rattle on start-up (it used to sound like the engine in an old Beetle on a cold morning) has gone away.
This is why I never blame just the software unless everything else was update before just blaming Windows-which is a convenient O/S to blame for all sorts of plagued problems but it gets that notoriety regardless.

I work in IT, for a living. Not sure why you must keep 1709 on this PC unless you're using your work computer to burn your discs and your IT department won't let you uninstall updates, but I highly recommend removing 1709. You'll find over the next few weeks that more than AnyDVD functionality has broken and then these other important thing(s) that broke cannot be fixed because you can no longer remove 1709. It is BAD. Sign up here (if you want) and read all the things that have broken because of 1709: http://patchmanagement.org/
Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
And why must one listen to this? 1709 is the latest and so far the problems I had are the same "hibernating" doesn't work properly and this has happen since 1607 release - so to say no one should go to 1709 has no real merits to backup. As for IT you should know that a update O/S is better then a open Border O/S - this should be known to all IT regardless of the O/S version. The IT does the Company Software update not the users of the computer they don't have access to do that. Here's another why are you playing around on the Company work computer - guess one doesn't have enough work hours to do work? For infections that is something no IT can stop as malware was written specifically to get past that and for users to "click happy" on any links that shows up on their email but then again you have to ask why are you using your work email for personal uses at work? I got 17090 installed and running all the latest RedFox and Elybyte(bad spelling) and they work just fine I know past 1607 with CloneBD backups work just fine and had no problems.

And why must one listen to this? 1709 is the latest and so far the problems I had are the same "hibernating" doesn't work properly and this has happen since 1607 release - so to say no one should go to 1709 has no real merits to backup. As for IT you should know that a update O/S is better then a open Border O/S - this should be known to all IT regardless of the O/S version. The IT does the Company Software update not the users of the computer they don't have access to do that. Here's another why are you playing around on the Company work computer - guess one doesn't have enough work hours to do work? For infections that is something no IT can stop as malware was written specifically to get past that and for users to "click happy" on any links that shows up on their email but then again you have to ask why are you using your work email for personal uses at work? I got 17090 installed and running all the latest RedFox and Elybyte(bad spelling) and they work just fine I know past 1607 with CloneBD backups work just fine and had no problems.

Wow. "F" me for trying. I never said "no one" update. I said it was a bad feature pack that breaks a lot of stuff, not just possibly Redfox or the hardware related to it.

As far as 1709 being the latest that doesn't mean anything in regards to being the best or even stable- seems Microsoft almost never gets anything right on the first try. Regarding updates- security updates are very important, bug fix updates are pretty important if the issue is affecting you, feature pack updates, eh.

With my 20 years of IT experience I was merely suggesting that, if I remember correctly, it worked before then didn't after the 1709 upgrade- so remove it to see if it fixes the issue. But also to warn others there are tons of problems on the technical forums caused by this update. Some fixable with firmware updates on hardware attached to the system that stop functioning properly or software patches- but some not fixable at this time. This gives them actionable information to resolve or prevent issues.

Wow. "F" me for trying. I never said "no one" update. I said it was a bad feature pack that breaks a lot of stuff, not just possibly Redfox or the hardware related to it.
As far as 1709 being the latest that doesn't mean anything in regards to being the best or even stable- seems Microsoft almost never gets anything right on the first try. Regarding updates- security updates are very important, bug fix updates are pretty important if the issue is affecting you, feature pack updates, eh.
With my 20 years of IT experience I was merely suggesting that, if I remember correctly, it worked before then didn't after the 1709 upgrade- so remove it to see if it fixes the issue. But also to warn others there are tons of problems on the technical forums caused by this update. Some fixable with firmware updates on hardware attached to the system that stop functioning properly or software patches- but some not fixable at this time. This gives them actionable information to resolve or prevent issues.
This kinda response is why in my years of learning that when one makes work status claims I highly doubt the work status is really true. Uses of "F" language is a big indication one doesn't work in the industry they claim to be in. IT is there to find and fix or diagnosis solutions and find preventative measures. All and any O/S from Windows always had issues it's how you mitigate it that determines how useful it is to the users. Now for your one that is different but to say 1709 isn't something anyone should use because it wasn't bug free is hard to expect and I think most Windows O/S users know this already. I would install the latest O/S minus Windows 8.1 debacle because it helps the user learn better and update software helps with their security more. This is why I never say I worked in this Industry for *blank* years so I know better that is never true statement to make. But I tell others it's better to have a O/S you can learn more about and at least expect most bugs in previous to be fix and there will be knew one that comes along with a new O/S release that just how releases go. At least with 1709 attempts where made to resolve issues from previous early release of Windows 10 and that to me is better then nothing. I went from 1607 to 1709 because this like Windows 7 SP1 release and having used the Windows 10 already I expect some issues. No O/S is nor will be perfect but having a Fall CU update was something that help more then it hinders.

Actually the problems were with windows, but two completely separate issues for the different drives. Finally just last week got everything working again. And the LG drive being UHD friendly I would have had to get anyway. So all good. Just very tiring on what should be a consumer os.

I just installed the Fall Update on my rig and my Pioneer BD drive works the same way. Microsoft broke a few other things on my system, but then again, they always do!
I've already fixed a few things such as disabling fast boot again so that my system will boot faster, rigged SoundBlaster Cinema so it would work again, got rid of the Defender nag screen, disabled Windows Update, fixed the K-Lite codec again, got rid of the "film reel look" in my file explorer(part of K-lite) and fixed the lock screen again.
Long story short though, AnyDvd still works as do my other programs of similar nature.

Back