• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blade 2 (AUS) Rip issue

Otaku131

Hi Recently purchased Blade 2 (AUS) Blu-ray and I'm encountering issues ripping to hard drive with latest version AnyDVD HD. It only seems to want to rip around 20.6mb of the disc. Disc appears correctly in Makemkv so it seems there is a problem or bug with this disc. Can someone take a look at the logfile to see if its my end that's an issue or maybe a disc issue. Haven't had any problems with any other discs
Regards

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.3.0_Info_G_BLADE II.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
What happens if you try ripping the disc to the hard drive?

What happens if you try ripping the disc to the hard drive?

It starts ripping the disc as normal but finishes in around 1 minute and only extracts around 20mb of data before saying finished. It does this every time.

What are you using to rip with? I wouldn't expect AnyDVD to do that

The Drive is GGW H20L latest firmware - just using rip to drive option. As said before no other discs have this problem happen. I've just finished ripping another 3 discs without issue, so either the disc itself has an error which is unlikely as its picked up and I can make an MKV with it or Anydvd is not doing something right with the disc. It seems to miss the main playlist files and dumps everything else.

So are you ripping to hard drive using AnyDVD's ripper or a 3rd party one? If you mean you are trying to rip to hard drive using MakeMKV then that's not the same as ripping the disc to the harddrive

Last edited:
Im using Anydvd and it fails to rip properly. Makemkv's backup disc function does the same thing and fails to process the main files. Makemkv however can locate all the streams etc to "make an Mkv" and it does this properly. It looks like its some wierd authoring of the disc.

Im using Anydvd and it fails to rip properly. Makemkv's backup disc function does the same thing and fails to process the main files. Makemkv however can locate all the streams etc to "make an Mkv" and it does this properly. It looks like its some wierd authoring of the disc.
Or a defective disc. AnyDVD rips the "whole thing". You can use CloneBD, this should work.

Thanks for your input James. I'm trying a full disc copy in CloneBD now and it detects the full disc size and seems to be copying ok. Cheers

i am having the same problem with the Blade 2 blu ray. i just purchased the trilogy and other two discs work fine. Blade 2 only rips 22mb. This is on Anydvd hd, with latest firmware.

Most likely defective disc. There's zero chance it being protection issue for such an old title. @James will have to confirm

Oh and set your drive hardware region to avoid DVD CSS protection issues.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

it works with iso format. but i play through kodi. i am not sure an iso will work on that program. i need to get it to a mkv format.

it works with iso format. but i play through kodi. i am not sure an iso will work on that program. i need to get it to a mkv format.
That is obviously a CloneBD problem.
Please post a CloneBD log file (process the disc, at the end click on "Save log file".

That is obviously a CloneBD problem.
Please post a CloneBD log file (process the disc, at the end click on "Save log file".
I don't know about that, Philippe makes no mention of CloneBD

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

@phillipe:
So it works ripping the Blu-ray entirely to iso image, without errors, without stopping?

If yes, you just need to mount that iso in Linux
mount -o ro,loop *.iso /mnt/Mountpoint

(Or mount the iso with Virtual Clone drive in Windows).

You then should be able to play from that image, shoulnd't it?
Well that's how I do it to play DVD and Blu-ray iso files with my unlicensed players (MPV, VLC)

Back