• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Kodi project to enable HDR in MPC to launch any movie

FFdshow audio filter is selectable, result is the same as with LAV audio as filter. No sound with the D3D option active, but very good (rich) and smooth picture.
When D3D disabled but full screen active, all (HD) sounds are there but picture is more dull and not so smooth. Exactly the same as I had with LAV audio.
want to test 1.4a HDMI bandwidth to see if your running out. Unchecked 10bit and use d3d with 16bit float. This will reduce bandwidth. Does sound come back in d3d?

Also try setting desktop resolution 1080p and keep 10bit checked with d3d and 16bit float. Let 4k TV do upscaling. This will give u enough bandwidth for HD 7.1 or atamos and 10bit for color

Also try 10bit d3d 16bit float 4k resolution and in full screen options inpcbe set 4k at 23.975 -30 in parameters. This will force TV into 24hz mode freeing up bandwidth for HD audio. This is easy for me because I can change my HDMI output on rx470 from rgb 444 422 420 10,12bit.

UHD will support 24_30fps at 420 color 10bit
Or 60fps 4k at 8bir rgb444.

Ctrl j will report fps input media, color input, surface and blending formats, and output to HDR TV. The output will switch from 8 to 10bit when d3d is locked in n fullsceen and switch back to 8bit in windowed. This requires 18gig HDMI 2.0a port to support this. If you force d3d to 23.976 then 1.4a motherboard will work. Also try a Blu-ray with 10bit d3d 16bit float . if the sound does not work it's a CPU software issue. If it works its HDMI 1.4a bandwidth blocking HD audio. If you port 5.1 with 4k d3d it would work as DTS over dtshd uses less bandwidth. Solution would be spdif or toslink if your motherboard and amp support it. Many users get lost on HDMI 1.4a 2.0 a 2.0b. 4k is 2/3 the equation. HD audio is the last 1/3.

It is possible the pun error us a hard fault but I would test your limited 1.4a HDMI port with these tests to see. Awaiting your response

Last edited:
I have both 1.4 and 2.0a outputs available on my current test system. I will test the things you propose the coming days when I have time again and the Media Corner is available ;)

I have both 1.4 and 2.0a outputs available on my current test system. I will test the things you propose the coming days when I have time again and the Media Corner is available ;)
Please check your direct x in Windows too.
To start the diagnostic, click on Start \ Run and type in “dxdiag” and click OK.

D3d should show enabled. If not it's an Intel driver issue.

Please check your direct x in Windows too.
To start the diagnostic, click on Start \ Run and type in “dxdiag” and click OK.

D3d should show enabled. If not it's an Intel driver issue.
That's a standard check I perform after (new)driver installation, all is well in that area.

That's a standard check I perform after (new)driver installation, all is well in that area.
Can you screenshot that error. Lav and fdshow use the same filter for audio. Fdshow gives u more options to play with. Notany articles on Google about d3d issues. Did you report this to Intel?

Did you use exact files I'm using as per inside XDR downloads button?
In other players how the video look in windowed mode? For me windowed mode had lot of glitching so I use d3d. When stepping into HDR only way to get the proper shadowing is to use 16bitfloat in custom presenter. I'll look on MSN programmers API articles on d3d as part of audio. II read that nothing widows with HDMI unplugged then plugging it in may tell the Intel driver to update the HDMI port info. Don't think this will work but worth a try. I'll research assigning pins. Maybe there is a way to switch pin to port bitstream

Sorry for typos. On cell. Unplug HDMI reboot. Plug back in.

Win registry holds the pins assignment for your motherboard. What's the exact model motherboard u run?

Reading white paper it's a Intel onboard motherboard driver issue. If u have spdif or toslink try running a line to your amp. Unfortunately this will give you 5.1 DTS or DD until they can fix this issue.

Reading white paper it's a Intel onboard motherboard driver issue. If u have spdif or toslink try running a line to your amp. Unfortunately this will give you 5.1 DTS or DD until they can fix this issue.
First of all, thank you for all your support and searching for a solution. As I remarked before, I have several HTPC systems in my house, two of them are Kaby Lake powered. One with a Pentium G4560 (iGP HD610), one with a Core i5 7400 (iGP HD630).

1) http://www.shuttle.eu/products/slim/xh110v/ (G4560)
2) http://www.asrock.com/nettop/intel/deskmini 110 Series/#Specification (i5-7400)

Boot systems are equal installed (same Windows, drivers, Media software).

Number one (Shuttle) is hooked up right now.
For testing I use both video outputs, HDMI 1.4 or HDMI 2.0a (trough DisplayPort on the back and using a active adapter). Never at the same time though, I disable one or the other, when I try things out.

For your understanding, and I can't accentuate this enough, I can play anything that I can lay my hands on with both systems. In the format that the media original has. Only HDR can't be played as is (no TV popup), because Intel doesn't support it with there drivers (yet). But besides the missing popup, things are playing just fine.

So to make things more clear. Media that I play with MediaPortal (using LAV), or play with Kodi 17.x (using internal codecs), are playing smooth and fine with all sorts of bitstream audo,
but the 4k HEVC media (with HDR), looks very dull. The reason you started this project? But besides dull, it runs flawless and smooth, just as smooth as I get when using MPC-BE with D3D active but without sound. So no bandwith issue when using Kodi or MediaPortel and playing really heavy 4k media with a very very high bitrate even media up to 659Mbit (testfile).
All my hardware is 4k HEVC HDR HD-audio supporting, all cables are renewed (just in case).

So my feeling says, the problem lies somewhere else. You follow my feeling?

First of all, thank you for all your support and searching for a solution. As I remarked before, I have several HTPC systems in my house, two of them are Kaby Lake powered. One with a Pentium G4560 (iGP HD610), one with a Core i5 7400 (iGP HD630).

2) http://www.asrock.com/nettop/intel/deskmini 110 Series/#Specification (i5-7400)

For testing I use both video outputs, HDMI 1.4 or HDMI 2.0a (trough DisplayPort on the back and using a active adapter). Never at the same time though, I disable one or the other, when I try things out.

For your understanding, and I can't accentuate this enough, I can play anything that I can lay my hands on with both systems. In the format that the media original has. Only HDR can't be played as is (no TV popup), because Intel doesn't support it with there drivers (yet). But besides the missing popup, things are playing just fine.

So to make things more clear. Media that I play with MediaPortal (using LAV), or play with Kodi 17.x (using internal codecs), are playing smooth and fine with all sorts of bitstream audo,
but the 4k HEVC media (with HDR), looks very dull. The reason you started this project? But besides dull, it runs flawless and smooth, just as smooth as I get when using MPC-BE with D3D active but without sound. So no bandwith issue when using Kodi or MediaPortel and playing really heavy 4k media with a very very high bitrate even media up to 659Mbit (testfile).
All my hardware is 4k HEVC HDR HD-audio supporting, all cables are renewed (just in case).

Yep it might lie in lav filters only when in d3d mode. Not sure who you would contact to file a bug report.

As for the purpose of xdr yes.... its to bring alive hdr footage so you dont need hdr switch on the tv to see the hdr.

Thankyou for all the information. Hope I can find a solution. If mpchc d3d and mpcbe d3d do it its the lav audio filter

Hi gereral1

Can you do that for Onboard intel graphics 630? So without Nvidia, so the HDR on 4K HTPC runs?

Hi gereral1

Can you do that for Onboard intel graphics 630? So without Nvidia, so the HDR on 4K HTPC runs?
No way of testing. If any computer can play the video xdr will work. As for how smooth the video is depends on how fast your computer is.

Ok, look times in the dxdiag and tell me whether it should run with this without problems

Thx

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    97.6 KB · Views: 5
Ok, look times in the dxdiag and tell me whether it should run with this without problems

Thx
Looks like yuv support and rgd support 16bit float with 10bit output. Give it a try and tell me how it works for u. I tested madvr sdi hdr option and found it to be to dark but xdr adds more light to the hdr. Mind you I can only test on amd rx platform so beta testers are welocme to play with mpcbe settings to see what they can come up with.

Have to goto work......good luck..

Just tried aliens with 10bit float textures with XDR and it looked awesome.

Anyone using my tool? Quiet around here..... Zzzzz

Had a user try to block lav video filer in mpcbe extended filters and use built in one and he said he got some nice results with audio. Maybe you can try that to see if kaby lake will play video in directx fullscreen with audio as it may linked to the lav video filter. Worth a try. I found built in mpcbe file (low filter) does support hardware acceleration on video cards as per my tests.

Decided to play The fate and furious in hdr and do a madvr vs xdr vs real hdr samsung video in this test video

Interesting. A whole lot depends on the "this display's peak nits" value in the madVR settings, though. The default value of 400 nits is too high, IMHO. Try 120 nits. That should make the image brighter and help shadow detail. Also, for a comparison like this, I'd suggest to disable "contrast" and "brightness" controls and "gamma processing" in madVR's "color & gamma" settings page.

Decided to play The fate and furious in hdr and do a madvr vs xdr vs real hdr samsung video in this test video

Universal pictures filed a copywrite claim against this video ...... What happened to fair use for educational purposes?

Not bad for a camcorder pointed at the HDR TV with wide lens......

Back