• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Run two different AnyDVD HD on one PC?

I try to run my PC "bare-bone" style.
The less installed stuff the better.
A media software that wants to do everything is not for me.
What I meant with PDVD taking over is all the "features" it installs.
Right click menu/open with list is almost bigger than my screen!
When I had PDVD installed I manually edited the register to cut down those listings,
but PDVD constantly created new ones... really annoying!
Have you ever checked the register and what entries PDVD adds, it's a lot...

So, nah, PDVD is not for me, to each his own I guess.

I try to run my PC "bare-bone" style.
The less installed stuff the better.
A media software that wants to do everything is not for me.
What I meant with PDVD taking over is all the "features" it installs.
Right click menu/open with list is almost bigger than my screen!
When I had PDVD installed I manually edited the register to cut down those listings,
but PDVD constantly created new ones... really annoying!
Have you ever checked the register and what entries PDVD adds, it's a lot...

So, nah, PDVD is not for me, to each his own I guess.

autodidact, I use Control Panel and sometimes msconfig to undo any of the changes that PowerDVD wants to do to my PC and 2 laptops, but I have to do each and every time that PowerDVD gets an update.

Not the case for PowerDVD 10 Ultra version 5816, which I have on my 3 machines, plus since Cyberlink discontinued that version of it.

I hope that you can get your System set up right.

My setup, software/hardware, is lean and clean, works precisely as I want it to.
I'm savvy when it comes to configure software and hardware, so no problem really.
Trying to use software that leaves a minimum footprint.
So, I abandoned PDVD for good.
Thanks for your info and trying to help though, I appreciate that.

This has gone a bit off-topic. Moving to now more suitable section

My setup, software/hardware, is lean and clean, works precisely as I want it to.
I'm savvy when it comes to configure software and hardware, so no problem really.
Trying to use software that leaves a minimum footprint.
So, I abandoned PDVD for good.
Thanks for your info and trying to help though, I appreciate that.

You're welcome, autodidact.

autodidact, why not try JRiver Media Center? Myself and others on this Forum use it, and it works well with AnyDVD.

Yeah, JRiver Media Center is a good alternative but not for free.
I'm happy with free PotPlayer and madVR, that combo properly configured gives really amazing video quality.
As for DVD and Blu-ray with menus I'm good with my old TMT, that's all I need for now.

Thanks and best regards.

Keep in mind that tmt (all versions) are outdated and have their issues too. Some refuse to play or are stuck at a black screen (even non screenpass titles). If that happens, Ctrl+T it is I think that SHOULD jump directly to the title menu.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Yeah, JRiver Media Center is a good alternative but not for free.
I'm happy with free PotPlayer and madVR, that combo properly configured gives really amazing video quality.
As for DVD and Blu-ray with menus I'm good with my old TMT, that's all I need for now.

Thanks and best regards.
You're welcome again, autodidact.

autodidact, I have to add something in addition to what Ch3vr0n just said about TMT: Windows 7 End of extended support will be on January 14, 2020, so unless you have Windows 8.1, and it'll end itself on January 10, 2023, you only have about a little over 2 years support for your OS--assuming your OS is Windows 7.

Also, depending on your version of TMT, only versions 5 and 6 work with Windows 8.1. I tried version 3 when I had TMT installed on my main PC, and ArcSoft told me that it wasn't supported.

There's no protected files in the log, which ones are you talking about. The bulk of the primary information is stored in simple .txt files
I think he means the binary files. I suspect those files contain internal data structures of AnyDVD itself and traffic exchanged with Redfox servers while scanning a disc?

@DJHallo : the log file only contains programs and drivers that are currently running (the only exceptions are installed DVD/BD player software, for obvious reasons), so if you're worried you can quit or kill with Task Manager all programs you don't want identified, and unplug or disable in Device Manager any hardware you don't want identified (this would unload the driver). I don't see how that information would be a problem as only the programs/drivers versions are logged, but it's up to you.

The only information that can possibly be tied to something would be the system hashes at the end of sysinfo.txt, but I don't see how that could cause any problems with personal information.

Back