• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD doesn't recognize BD-R discs, version 8171...8173 [solved]

I have something like this as after these last few versions I can no longer mount ISOs. Do a system restore to the old version and all is good again. Install 8.1.7.1+ and no more ISO mounts. AnyDVD pops up and goes away a few times and it show the disc summary listed below but windows explorer and PowerDVD can't see it. If you try to look at in Windows Explorer you get an error message that the disc is bad.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 8.1.7.4, BDPHash.bin 17-07-03)
ELBY CLONEDRIVE 1.4
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Current profile: BD-R
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 14826304 sectors (28957 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: Kong Skull Island
Media is not AACS protected.
Blu-ray disc is region free!
No AACS, skipping Java fixes.
Bad sector protection not found.

Hi,

having the same issue using AnyDVD 8.1.7.6. Obviously BD-Rs content is not passed to OS. I'm on Win 7 64 bit. When inserted an original everything works (access through Windows Explorer and playback using PowerDVD). AnyDVDs status reports OK in all cases. Mounted ISOs using Virtual CloneDrive work as well no matter if AnyDVD is en- or disabled for that drive (normally disabled in my case). Attached 2 logfiles from ISO (device E:\) and BD-R (device F:\)

ggtop

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.7.6_Info_E_DIE 2 BD1.ziplog
    131.9 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_8.1.7.6_Info_F_Der Marsianer_ Rettet Mark Watney.ziplog
    209.7 KB · Views: 2
Care to elaborate? :) I'm sure lots of us are interested, first time ever this happened.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Working great here now with 8.1.7.7 beta. Thanks!

Hi,

confirmation here, too. Playback of BD-Rs works again using 8.1.7.7. Attached another log file from the disc I used under 8.1.7.6.
I guess bugs that prevent the Software from working should be considered as non-public :sneaky:
Thank you very much,
ggtop

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.7.7_Info_F_Der Marsianer_ Rettet Mark Watney.ziplog
    208.3 KB · Views: 1
@ggtop that's precisely why they're labeled BETA's ;) so bugs like this one can be found and squashed before the next stable release

I guess bugs that prevent the Software from working should be considered as non-public :sneaky:
Feel free to consider this bug "non public" (whatever that means) :)

Yup. Something was broken

Just to be sure. This was only affecting the detection of the disk and was not a problem with the copy that was made? Is that correct? IOW, a new copy is not necessary.

The backup itself was fine, it's just when a backup was inserted it didn't become visible to the system itself. That's all.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Feel free to consider this bug "non public" (whatever that means) :)
No big deal. What I wanted to express is that the reason for a bug like this (making AnyDVD unusable for playback purposes) should be considered as "non public". I guess there are a lot of companies which would like AnyDVD to behave like this all the time.

ggtop

just to advise that AnyDVD HD 8.1.7.8 has not interfered with BD-R playback

Back