• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Is there a 20% discount for users who had a Slysoft lifetime license?

renaldok

I purchased a Slysoft license (lifetime) quite a few years ago. With everything that has happened in the last 12-18 months, I didn't purchase a new one for RedFox. Is there any chance I could get a 20% (or more) discount on a lifetime license from RedFox? I'd be happy to supply my old AnyDVD HD key to verify I'm being truthful.

There's frequent 20% off discounts. Usually around major holidays. You'll have to wait for the next one

I was a lifetime customer too. If Redfox would have offered a reasonable discount to those who could prove they were previous customers I would've purchase another life time license. Google <snip - Ch3vr0n> and go to <snip - Ch3vr0n>'s link. Check the box that you are switching from anydvd. At check out you can change the license to lifetime and I think the price is around <snip - Ch3vr0n>. <snip - Ch3vr0n> has worked very well for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
They did, over a year ago after redfox officially started. You're a year too late and this is NOT the forum nor the proper forum section to spam/promote someone else's software. Spam product name removed. Not the smartest move for your first post after registering just to post that i must say. We don't need promo bots on this forum

Last edited:
There was a lot of discussion about it over a year ago when RedFox launched. Basically, when SlySoft shut down the developers were screwed just as much as the customers, maybe even more; they got the IP rights (but not customer licenses) for AnyDVD, etc. in lieu of their final paychecks. It would have been nice for us lifetime customers to get more of a discount, but the developers have mouths to feed too. (Indeed, in the beginning a lot of us weren't sure RedFox would even offer lifetime licenses for AnyDVD because of all the work they have to put in.) I wish we had more than a 20% discount, but in the end I went all in to show support for the developers' hard work; I even included CloneCD in the bundle despite my SlySoft license remaining valid. (I didn't have CloneDVD mobile before RedFox.) These developers put in a lot of work keeping up with the latest protections where possible; IMO supporting them is the least we can do.

As an old slysoft customer looking to get 20% off, it wouldn't hurt to email the team if the promo isn't running. I'd be surprised if you weren't happy with the reply.

I was a lifetime customer too. If Redfox would have offered a reasonable discount to those who could prove they were previous customers I would've purchase another life time license.

What do you consider a reasonable discount? They had 50% off or a year free for those who recently bought a licence. Those who had had them much longer didn't however.

JT! has the best solution on here. I think you should try to contact them. It would be silly for them not to give you a deal because making less money is better than making no money. If they don't offer you a deal their competitors will.

50% would be a great deal but it wasn't offered to everybody. They may not have had access to previous customer's licenses but update 7.6.9.1 would not work unless you had a valid Slysoft license. They could've easily programmed the update, which already validated the license, to provide a link to the user that gives them a special discount.

50% would be a great deal but it wasn't offered to everybody. They may not have had access to previous customer's licenses but update 7.6.9.1 would not work unless you had a valid Slysoft license. They could've easily programmed the update, which already validated the license, to provide a link to the user that gives them a special discount.

I was always under the impression that discounts weren't given to everyone because of financial reasons, not because they couldn't verify genuine licence holders...

That was part of it, but mainly also they only had a partial customer database. How are you going to contact all your license holders if you don't know who they are and what the e-mail address is. ISP's come & go, some enter fake details for privacy,...

To me business is business, Just saying...I still see posts a year later ppl crying that they paid a different company money for lifetime and that company isn't around anymore. Even if some of the people are the same people that worked for the first company. Lifetime means until it ends that's it. Humans use this program and there lifetime is also when it ends. Death and taxes is lifetime. If AnyDVD ever defeats UHD i can see it now that lifetime holders will expect that upgrade to AnyDVD HD for free, I can read the future in advance. In the real world in business it would be a different program for example AnyDVD UHD. Remember programmers are human they pay bills and must eat to in the end it's called life. If you think what they ask for what it does without a discount then you either want it for what you want to pay or want something for nothing. Example...You get a speeding ticket you go to court. The judge don't care if your 22 or 102 or a bum or Donald Trump. If the fine is 200.00 you will pay 200.00 or don't drive.Yes i understand everyone has a different income but life is what YOU make it...In business the world does not work that way only SOME governments give grace for housing or food in SOME COUNTRIES. Otherwise your just like everyone else.

If there is a welfare dept here i'm not aware of that.

I like to add one very important thing, If a problem arises with a movie and it's posted in the correct manner it's fixed in almost a blink of a eye. I do NOT see this happening with any other competitor. Now add that to the price...It's priceless

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG, my password still works. I got about 8 years from the last product. That comes too a little over $10 per year. I never expected it to last that long given the big money in discs. I may give it another shot b/c they write the best software product EVER. I just don't copy discs much anymore. I did like the quality of making copies from disc instead of file-sharing tho.

Mostly, I use it to backup Netflix discs to HDD and watch when I'm ready. That way I'd could get about 8 discs per month. It's great for building a collection or stocking up on a series. I'm mostly watching PBS and BBC these days. Streaming crap is taking over.

zOMG I can't believe you asked. Ch3vr0n's is gonna' be so mad at yooouuuu....

I purchased a Slysoft license (lifetime) quite a few years ago. With everything that has happened in the last 12-18 months, I didn't purchase a new one for RedFox. Is there any chance I could get a 20% (or more) discount on a lifetime license from RedFox? I'd be happy to supply my old AnyDVD HD key to verify I'm being truthful.

Why would i be mad? He's got a right to ask, that won't change anything though. It's not going to happen :) The early discount period is over and a year late to ask for any special ones. Now there's just the regular 20% off ones

Back