• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

John Wick 2 Cinavia not detected into 4 minutes with CloneBD in preview player

gameowl

Hello, I know the bluray John Wick 2 has Cinavia on it. So I played the John Wick 2 movie rip (ripped with AnyDVD HD to the hard drive), and then played the movie with CloneBD in the preview player mode and played it for four minutes and Bert The Beaver didn't alert me with the Cinavia Audio Watermark message at all. Usually Cinavia protected discs get alerted from three seconds to 1 minute and 30 seconds playing the rip with CloneBD in the preview player. Possibly maybe the movie industry is putting Cinavia farther down the playlist to take longer to detect with CloneBD (just wild guess) here is my fully finished copied CloneBD log (Used AnyDVD HD to remove Cinavia with CloneBD downgraded Audio to AC3 in this log, the AnyDVD fox head icon turned purple when removing Cinavia) and an AnyDVD HD orginal movie disc log file of John Wick 2.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.7.3_Info_D_JOHN_WICK_CHAPTER_2.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • John Wick 2.cbdlog
    3 MB · Views: 1
Not having an instant detection can occur if there's isn't enough "volume" to the sound track. Try skipping to the middle or something

Not having an instant detection can occur if there's isn't enoIugh "volume" to the sound track. Try skipping to the middle or something

I just skipped in CloneBD to the half of the movies playing it in the preview player and to the end. No Cinavia detected at all. At least we know, Lionsgate, Universal and Sony are really the only companies that put Cinavia on there bluray discs.

A third-party software developer has noted that newer Lions Gate movies seem to be using Cinavia differently so that the signal is not present throughout. So, indeed, it's possible that this is why CloneBD wasn't detecting it in the first four minutes; it's not present during those 4 minutes. I can't say that all releases of the Blu-ray make use of Cinavia but it definitely is on some releases of John Wick 2. Definitely something a developer would be more knowledgeable about given they know exactly how the detector works.

It's on the US retail release for sure as I accidentally tripped it the other night in PDVD 17 cause I didn't have AnyDVD set right. When I get a minute I'll check if CloneBD can detect it on that release.

It's on the US retail release for sure as I accidentally tripped it the other night in PDVD 17 cause I didn't have AnyDVD set right. When I get a minute I'll check if CloneBD can detect it on that release.

Using the Best Buy exclusive John Wick 2 Steelbook release the Cinavia kicked in at ~23 minutes using PowerDVD17. Using the CloneBD preview player the detection does occur but I got sidetracked so I didn't see when exactly it popped up. Regardless, viewing from the beginning of the movie it was detected before the 7 minute, 30 second mark.

Using the Best Buy exclusive John Wick 2 Steelbook release the Cinavia kicked in at ~23 minutes using PowerDVD17. Using the CloneBD preview player the detection does occur but I got sidetracked so I didn't see when exactly it popped up. Regardless, viewing from the beginning of the movie it was detected before the 7 minute, 30 second mark.

I didn't get a chance to look at it last night. I suspect my version of it will be similar.

Back