• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NeweMovie "The Circle"

I had to use the latest Beta (top of this forum) and "Rip Video Disc to Harddisk..." option.
Worked fine here.
-W

I had to use the latest Beta (top of this forum) and "Rip Video Disc to Harddisk..." option.
Worked fine here.
-W
Did you "had (have) to use it", or you just used it because it is the latest beta and you installed it prior to the previous version failing?

The latter. Just install it. Beta's always work better.
-W

The latter. Just install it. Beta's always work better.
-W
I don't dis-agree.. However, the latest beta has a couple of pre-req's..

"- Change: Windows Vista 64 bit is no longer supported
- Change: Windows 7 64 bit only supported, if Service Pack 1 and
security update KB3033929 is installed.."

I no longer run Vista.. I have a couple of rigs.. One triple boots (win 7, 8.1, and 10), and one is a win 7 only. I'm not sure if either win 7 installs have KB3033929 installed. Both have SP1 installed..

My triple boot.. I use win 7.. I play with win 8 (8.1) to learn.. and win 10 sucks.. MS hides everything in regard to settings which were right there in front of you with win 7.

The wife's laptop updated itself to win 10 (I allowed it). It was a mess.. crashed all the time, etc.. Restored win 8.1.. Runs perfectly.

Dropping vista is nothing unusual. You have to keep in mind that microsoft dropped support LONG ago for vista AND 7. Dropping obsolete OS's free's up resources for the developer so they no longer need to support legacy code. As to the windows 7 patch. That's due to microsoft requiring kernel level drivers to be signed and they recently increased security measures with "cross signing". Nothing RedFox can do about that.

As to the beta. Lets start with an anydvd logfile. 2nd time i ask now

Dropping vista is nothing unusual. You have to keep in mind that microsoft dropped support LONG ago for vista AND 7. Dropping obsolete OS's free's up resources for the developer so they no longer need to support legacy code. As to the windows 7 patch. That's due to microsoft requiring kernel level drivers to be signed and they recently increased security measures with "cross signing". Nothing RedFox can do about that.

Ch3vr0n, just for the record, Windows 7 is still supported until January 14, 2020, when it'll reach the End of extended support for the Operating System.

Windows lifecycle fact sheet

:)

MS has NOT dropped support for win 7.. I can not speak of vista as I no longer run it. MS has dropped support of XP. You can still install XP, activate it, and install all updates up to the EOL.

Have a wonderful evening!

Yes it has: End of mainstream support => January 13, 2015. Extended support is security patches only

Because I'm a nice guy (ask me.. I'll tell you :) ) attached is a logfile for The Circle using 8.1.7.3.

I have another rig running 8.1.6.5 which I will post the logfile once my rig running 8.1.7.3 is finished.. (only one instance of the software running at one time per the agreement)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.7.3_Info_F_THE_CIRCLE.ziplog
    813.8 KB · Views: 12
Did 8173 fail to rip or was it an earlier version?

Yes it has: End of mainstream support => January 13, 2015. Extended support is security patches only

Mostly semantics. Support is still support.
They only stopped selling new copies of Windows 7 to OEMs on Oct. 31 2016. (retail sales stopped at least a year earlier)
I think extended support ends in 2020-ish. (?)
-W

Here you go.. Anydvd 8.1.6.5.. After scanning the disk, the computer froze.. (actually, froze creating the log file but did create the logfile).

Thank goodness for the reset button.. :)

1st logfile.. Win 7, sp1 but 32 bit.. 2nd (crashed) Win 7 64 bit.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.6.5_Info_F_THE_CIRCLE.ziplog
    803.8 KB · Views: 0
no surprise technically completely. As that title was released after 8165. Upgrade to the latest beta. Should work

I really do not speak Spanish.. I know a few phrases..
I don't speak Spanish either. Just a few phrases here and there, like you. I only bought 2 licenses (within the last 1 1/2 years) of Rosetta Stone for Latin American Spanish for my PC and Win 10 laptop, but my job (and trying to go back to school) as gotten in the way of getting to learn the language.

LOL

:)

Did 8173 fail to rip or was it an earlier version?
I don't and never have used Anydvd to "rip" (to hard drive)..

I use CloneDVD2 to either write to a disk, or create an ISO.. Actually I do both.. Once I have an ISO, I mount it in VCD.. Then use either CloneDVDmobile (ipad or tablet), or a program called VideoReDo to create a lossless MP4 for playing either with (yada, yada, or yada yada). Using VideoReDo, I can cut off all the beginning nonsense, and the end credits.. Makes the lossless MP4 smaller (by a lot)

Back