• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ElbyCDIO 6.1.2.0 driver update

This could be caused by an overprotective anti virus / malware program running during installation.
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling AnyDVD with Norton Security disabled. Didn't seem to help. I still get the "Failed to init ElbyCDIO!" message when I try to start AnyDVD everytime. My laptop is brand new (10 days old) and I don't think Windows Update has installed any updates yet as none are available. Would that make any difference?

Did you ever resolve the problem? Next AnyDVD update will require SP1 and KB3033929 installed to work under Windows 7 x64.
Couldn't find Security Update for Windows 7 (KB3033929) on my machine.
Found it here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46078

Download and install, if (KB3033929) is already installed, you will get a popup message window saying it's already installed.
It was already installed on my machine. Strange it wasn't listed anywhere? All these MS updates can drive you nuts!

Did you ever resolve the problem? Next AnyDVD update will require SP1 and KB3033929 installed to work under Windows 7 x64.
Yes I found the issue I don't have sp1 installed .
And to do the installation it says to back stuff up and I don't have the space to empty my primary drive.

Installing sp1 is no more complicated than any other standard update. I didn't need to backup anything. Installed fine for me years ago.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

I am really confused now. I have both AnyDVD HD, Clone dvd/cd, virtual drive, clone mobie (not attached to this email or name - forgot my original sign in/purchase info). Both anydvd hd version (before fox and after fox). From what I read this could impact a system with the Win 7 64bit OS. It is a security issue yet it isn't serious. It updates a key file elbyCDIO.sys (my version is 6.1.1.3). Seems like many have issues with it. So my question I guess is, what is the security risk that I need to be aware of (I always turn off my net connection via control panel when duplicating/backing up my movies when I buy them), is that sufficient to avoid the risk and does the new driver add anything beyond a security fix?

Reading through 7 pages I still have no clue how this is suppose to be installed. I ask because I am right now trying 3 different installs on 3 different drives for my desktop (each are a drive on its own, one is a near up to date computer, one is strictly to test and one is for a clean install that gets wiped after testing the software - hence the reason for 3 drives and 3 different instances)

So how do I go then setting it up (all are win7 64bit pro?
1. Current up to date Win 7 64bit install running AnyDVD HD, AnyDVD HD Redfox, Elby Virtual)
2. Clean install - currently nothing from redfox, the previous owners or elby
3. Test install - has the most current version of anydvd hd from redfox/last version from previous owners and elby virtual)

My order for testing usually involves first a clean install where I try and track all changes made to system and registry and then monitor process. Is okay with results, I move to the test drive and install and see if creates any conflicts with software on my good install uptodate, then it makes it onto the good hard drive install of win764bit pro.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, especially if there are no new features in the newest driver and is only meant to plug an exploit that can only occur if your connected to the net, or is an exploit whether the net is on or off when using the software.

Thank you.

You don't install it anymore. The initial issue was fixed long ago. The fix for that wad implemented in all elby and RedFox products long ago.

Risk now? If you have the latest versions, none at all.
Turning off your internet, severe overkill AND cuts AnyDVD's access to the OPD, which is an important component for Blu-ray decryption

1. Make sure you have sp1 and the specific kb update mentioned in the sticky. Then you should be able to install as usual.

I am really confused now. I have both AnyDVD HD, Clone dvd/cd, virtual drive, clone mobie (not attached to this email or name - forgot my original sign in/purchase info). Both anydvd hd version (before fox and after fox). From what I read this could impact a system with the Win 7 64bit OS. It is a security issue yet it isn't serious. It updates a key file elbyCDIO.sys (my version is 6.1.1.3). Seems like many have issues with it. So my question I guess is, what is the security risk that I need to be aware of (I always turn off my net connection via control panel when duplicating/backing up my movies when I buy them), is that sufficient to avoid the risk and does the new driver add anything beyond a security fix?

Reading through 7 pages I still have no clue how this is suppose to be installed. I ask because I am right now trying 3 different installs on 3 different drives for my desktop (each are a drive on its own, one is a near up to date computer, one is strictly to test and one is for a clean install that gets wiped after testing the software - hence the reason for 3 drives and 3 different instances)

So how do I go then setting it up (all are win7 64bit pro?
1. Current up to date Win 7 64bit install running AnyDVD HD, AnyDVD HD Redfox, Elby Virtual)
2. Clean install - currently nothing from redfox, the previous owners or elby
3. Test install - has the most current version of anydvd hd from redfox/last version from previous owners and elby virtual)

My order for testing usually involves first a clean install where I try and track all changes made to system and registry and then monitor process. Is okay with results, I move to the test drive and install and see if creates any conflicts with software on my good install uptodate, then it makes it onto the good hard drive install of win764bit pro.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, especially if there are no new features in the newest driver and is only meant to plug an exploit that can only occur if your connected to the net, or is an exploit whether the net is on or off when using the software.

Thank you.
This is an old thread. You install this update, if you can't or don't want to install new RedFox AnyDVD versions:
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/elbycdio-6-1-3-0-driver-update.72695/

You don't. It's a driver update for a driver that all RedFox products use. That setup installs the security fixed version of the driver. No more, no less. Unless you'd rather have a driver all products use that had a 'remote code execution' security bug that could show attackers to take over your entire system?

Any current product release carries the updated version, and no product will work without the driver.

If there's only 1 RedFox/elby product on the system it'll be uninstalled. If there's multiple it will not be. Almost all RedFox products, and all elby products use it. That said, there's ZERO harm in installing it even if you no RedFox product I'm pretty sure. All it will do is enable you to use a different I/O server on things like imgburn.

All I right @James or @Pete or @Ivan

Back