• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ElbyCDIO 6.1.2.0 driver update

@James I contacted the dev of imgburn to find out why it kept finding 6119. He says it's because the setup only updates the one in /windows/system32 and not the one in Syswow64 which is the one it uses because it's a 32bit app and windows redirects to that folder

So while xp mainly came in 32 bit, but 7 (where this setup is directed at too) did in 64 bit, I'm guessing this means 64 bit systems remain vulnerable unless the one in Syswow64 gets updated too.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up! Installed ElbyCDIO 6.1.3.0
I don't see any "Syswow64" in "Filter-Driver Load Order" in ImgBurn?
So I'm good right?

Attachments

• Filter-Driver Load Order.png
    Filter-Driver Load Order.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Filter-Driver-Load-Order-ESET.png
    Filter-Driver-Load-Order-ESET.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 17
None of those images show the elby version. Start imgburn, go into settings I/O tab and activate elby one. Then go back and activate the log pane. If it reports 6119 then it's using the older one. The Syswow64 folder only exists on 64bit operating systems.

@James your view on my discovery?

There is an ElbyCDIO.dll in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directory, it shows version 6.1.9.1
Any concern about that one?

None of those images show the elby version. Start imgburn, go into settings I/O tab and activate elby one. Then go back and activate the log pane. If it reports 6119 then it's using the older one. The Syswow64 folder only exists on 64bit operating systems.

@James your view on my discovery?

Aha... I see what you mean, I didn't have ElbyCDIO activated.
When activated I see in ImgBurn log pane: ELBYCDIO.DLL - Elaborate Bytes CDRTools - ElbyCDIO DLL - Version 6.1.9.1

Attachments

• Settings.png
    Settings.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 16
  • ImgBurn-log-window.png
    ImgBurn-log-window.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 16
  • ImgBurn-log-window-SPTI.png
    ImgBurn-log-window-SPTI.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 16
There is an ElbyCDIO.dll in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directory, it shows version 6.1.9.1
Any concern about that one?
That's the one I'm talking about.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
You are wrong. The exploit is (was) in ElbyCDIO.sys, the kernel part of ElbyCDIO. ImgBurn reports the version of ElbyCDIO.dll, the user mode part of ElbyCDIO. There is no need to update ElbyCDIO.dll.

Excellent. Thanks for the information. Great to hear we're safe.

Good to know all is good! :D

While were at it, using ImgBurn, what's the difference using MS SPTI vs ElbyCDIO?

Regards

One difference I know is that the Microsoft one 'locks' the drive and prevents in-use drive ejection, the elby one doesn't. Stumbled upon that by accident.

That update is not applicable to my computer. Per the self-installer download. And was released prior (March 2015) to the last time I have installed Windows updates (June 2016).
This is bad. Very bad. Because if I ever need to update AnyDVD.sys, it will not run on your computer (I don't have a SHA-1 cert). I see no reason why, because - according to Microsoft, GlobalSign & Co. - Windows 7 SP1 with the mentioned security update, should work.

I have tried this myself. I installed a fresh Windows 7 x64 SP1 in a VM, blocking Windows updates. 6.1.2.0 doesn't work (as expected). I manually installed the security update. 6.1.2.0 worked fine (as expected).

I did some more experiments with Windows Vista x64 in a VM. There is no way to get 6.1.2.0 working in Vista. Not a major problem, I believe nobody uses Vista anyway.

This is bad. Very bad. Because if I ever need to update AnyDVD.sys, it will not run on your computer (I don't have a SHA-1 cert). I see no reason why, because - according to Microsoft, GlobalSign & Co. - Windows 7 SP1 with the mentioned security update, should work.
There's another one that corresponds to that update that was supposed to be installed prior to. I intend to investigate this further over the weekend. And find the problem.
I have found out that the self installer wouldn't work unless my Avast Free Shields were off. The first time I tried it hung up. And I wonder if that makes it appear installed.

Just had this error message appear when I upgraded to AnyDVD 8170 on my new Windows 10 laptop (Win Version 1703). AnyDVD 8160 was previously working fine. Tried installing ElbyCDIO v6130 as recommended. Installs without a problem and the proper version of the driver is in Windows\System32\Drivers (verified this). Rebooted and still getting the error message. Any other suggestions?

There's another one that corresponds to that update that was supposed to be installed prior to. I intend to investigate this further over the weekend. And find the problem.
I have found out that the self installer wouldn't work unless my Avast Free Shields were off. The first time I tried it hung up. And I wonder if that makes it appear installed.
Did you ever resolve the problem? Next AnyDVD update will require SP1 and KB3033929 installed to work under Windows 7 x64.

Back